Page 87 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3777838485868788899091 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 1396

Considering her costume colors and the helmet I can see them going with Stinger unless they emphasize her giantess nature.

Her costume hasn't been shown to have wings yet. Which makes sense since Wasp is already there, and you don't need two. Crossing my fingers it's Stature. She can always spray paint her suit after Quantumania, or MCU Stature is simply the purple ranger to her dad's red ranger. In fact I think it would be amusing if she couldn't shrink right away and always goes big due to her inexperience with the powers. It was also separates her from Wasp who doesn't grow (for whatever reason)

Wasp does grow, just very rarely. Nadia first did it in the final issue of Unstoppable Wasp, and I think Janet did it a couple of times in the 2000s - she's Giant-Woman in that form (Marvel Database on Fandom cites that name as being used in New Invaders #0 in 2004), like how Ant-Man becomes Giant-Man (which Hank did in the comics and Scott did in the movies).

Janet's Marvel Adventures counterpart was actually called Giant-Girl at first instead of Wasp because they changed her powers to the opposite of what they are in 616 (i.e. she usually grows, not shrinks).
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Janet..._(Earth-20051)
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Wasp does grow, just very rarely. Nadia first did it in the final issue of Unstoppable Wasp, and I think Janet did it a couple of times in the 2000s - she's Giant-Woman in that form (Marvel Database on Fandom cites that name as being used in New Invaders #0 in 2004), like how Ant-Man becomes Giant-Man (which Hank did in the comics and Scott did in the movies).

Janet's Marvel Adventures counterpart was actually called Giant-Girl at first instead of Wasp because they changed her powers to the opposite of what they are in 616 (i.e. she usually grows, not shrinks).
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Janet..._(Earth-20051)
    Cassie should totally sue these Wasps, get Jennifer Walters in here as her lawyer! She trademarked and patented the niche using Pym Particles for growing on the female side of being a size-changer. I mean how would they like it if she shrank, grew wings, wore a insect helmet and purple, and attacked using energy stings and called herself 'Stinger'? They wouldn't like it one bit! The Marvel universe has taken everything from Cassie since she died and it's time she fought to reclaim it! She needs to get a Cyclops style costume and start a rowdy ant 'revolution' and reclaim her rights, mwahaha

Going back to the MCU version, Hope doesn't grow. She did in What If, but not the main timeline and I wonder why? I thought for sure she would do it in Endgame to join Scott. I guess she just chooses not to. There really is no limitations of Pym Particle users right? They can all shrink and grow as long as they got the stuff, so why no giant Wasp? But if Hope decides not to grow in the movies then Cassie should take that role. Scott does both lol. Before the Ant-Man movies had Scott ever been known for going Giant-Man? I know Hank Pym did, but I don't recall Scott doing so before the MCU.
    Last edited by ComicNoobie; 12-05-2022 at 01:08 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    Cassie should totally sue these Wasps, get Jennifer Walters in here as her lawyer! She trademarked and patented the niche using Pym Particles for growing on the female side of being a size-changer. I mean how would they like it if she shrank, grew wings, wore a insect helmet and purple, and attacked using energy stings and called herself 'Stinger'? They wouldn't like it one bit! The Marvel universe has taken everything from Cassie since she died and it's time she fought to reclaim it! She needs to get a Cyclops style costume and start a rowdy ant 'revolution' and reclaim her rights, mwahaha
    Technically Janet was growing as "Giant-Woman" a few years before Cassie ever got her powers in the first place. And Rita DeMara (Yellowjacket II) was growing to giant-size during her stint with the Guardians of the Galaxy several years before that. Cassie definitely doesn't have any claim staked on that territory....although as Stature she WAS the first female Marvel hero to use giant-size as her primary fighting mode.

Going back to the MCU version, Hope doesn't grow. She did in What If, but not the main timeline and I wonder why? I thought for sure she would do it in Endgame to join Scott. I guess she just chooses not to. There really is no limitations of Pym Particle users right? They can all shrink and grow as long as they got the stuff, so why no giant Wasp? But if Hope decides not to grow in the movies then Cassie should take that role. Scott does both lol. Before the Ant-Man movies had Scott ever been known for going Giant-Man? I know Hank Pym did, but I don't recall Scott doing so before the MCU.
    Yes, Scott had gone giant-size in the comics before the MCU, but very rarely--going giant-size tends to cause health problems for the heroes who usually shrink. Scott nearly had a heart attack one time when he went giant size, and the same thing also happened to Rita DeMara.

I think some of the Wasps also prefer not to go giant size except for special occasions because they are more effective at small size because that is where they can access their full power set (for example, I don't think they can fly while giant sized) and where they have the most experience and training with using their powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Technically Janet was growing as "Giant-Woman" a few years before Cassie ever got her powers in the first place. And Rita DeMara (Yellowjacket II) was growing to giant-size during her stint with the Guardians of the Galaxy several years before that. Cassie definitely doesn't have any claim staked on that territory....although as Stature she WAS the first female Marvel hero to use giant-size as her primary fighting mode.

Yes, Scott had gone giant-size in the comics before the MCU, but very rarely--going giant-size tends to cause health problems for the heroes who usually shrink. Scott nearly had a heart attack one time when he went giant size, and the same thing also happened to Rita DeMara.

I think some of the Wasps also prefer not to go giant size except for special occasions because they are more effective at small size because that is where they can access their full power set (for example, I don't think they can fly while giant sized) and where they have the most experience and training with using their powers.
    True, she may not have been first to grow, but it's all the poor kid had! As Marvel continues to move on, thrive, and evolve Cassie sits in the corner crying as she no longer fits any significant role anymore. Cassie needs a win! Something, anything! She, Speed, and Patriot have not accomplished much since the YA ended, unlike Kate, Billy, Teddy, and Chavez. Not sure how much Noh-Varr has done, but I'm sure he's in a better place.

As for the giant-sized powers, wow! Poor Scott and Rita. I didn't know he nearly had a heart attack from growing. I remember Hank had health issues because he constantly grew, and even Cassie had trouble in Mighty Avengers when staying big for too long. Maybe that's why she rarely does it anymore as Stinger. One character I have yet to see get health issues from growing is Atlas.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    It’s definitely a plot hole I feel it would have been much simpler to just have had lil Billy read Wanda’s mind come to the conclusion **** was about to go down & just start repeating Iwantmeandtommytobeokay & magic reality warp in the multiverse last second, MoM makes the whole thing unnecessarily complicated but hey she looked good doing it.
    The simplest and most elegant explanation is this IMHO: Wanda destroyed the Hex. Chthon plucked Billy and Tommy from the Hex, and stored their souls in the Darkhold. Wanda destroyed the Darkhold, freeing their souls from it, whereupon they leapt into new bodies.

My guess is Aubrey Plaza is playing Lillith, Morgan Le Fay, a gender-swapped Nicola Scratch, or Chthon.

Astonishing Member

As for the giant-sized powers, wow! Poor Scott and Rita. I didn't know he nearly had a heart attack from growing. I remember Hank had health issues because he constantly grew, and even Cassie had trouble in Mighty Avengers when staying big for too long. Maybe that's why she rarely does it anymore as Stinger. One character I have yet to see get health issues from growing is Atlas.
    In Atlas' case his powers aren't strictly Pym Particle based -- he is also an ionic being like Wonder Man. He got the ionic powers first, as Power Man, and then got Pym Particles added later when he became Goliath. The fact that his physiology is so different from any of the other Pym Particle users likely protected him from the physical damage of size changing.

He hasn't gotten off scot-free though, with periods of severe mental instability over the years.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Tell me about it. They refuse to give my girl some merch! I shall not stand for this disrespect for Cassie! With that said I doubt she'll get her superhero name in Quantumania. Most of the young heroes who have debuted don't have their hero names yet. Likely saving them for bigger moments when they are on the spotlight. And since Cassie has two hero names associated with her, maybe they want to keep us guessing until the reveal.
    I think the difference between Cassie and other characters who didn't get a name is that they also didn't get such a detailed superhero suit the same way she's getting. Kate got a suit, but it was kinda prototypical and likely not what she's gonna wear when she becomes the official Hawkeye. Even someone like Riri Williams who was never actually called Ironheart on-screen was marketed with her superhero name in merch that promoted her final armor. Cassie's suit is literally on the same level as the ones worn by Scott and Hope, which is why I was thinking they could market her with a superhero name.

That's ironic considering Cassie has always had heart-related health issues ever since she was a child, but her powers never seemed to affect that negatively. As a matter of fact, her constant exposure and use of Pym Particles seems to have improved her heart health, considering the plot point of Nick Spencer's Ant-Man run was that Darren Cross' son needed her heart specifically to revive his dad. I guess she just got lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Relugus View Post
    The simplest and most elegant explanation is this IMHO: Wanda destroyed the Hex. Chthon plucked Billy and Tommy from the Hex, and stored their souls in the Darkhold. Wanda destroyed the Darkhold, freeing their souls from it, whereupon they leapt into new bodies.
    I don't think this is that simple. It's simpler to just say they reincarnated right after the destruction of the Hex and became different people right away, which is why she wasn't able to track them in the main universe anymore. It doesn't require going through as many hoops to get to the point, and it would take less than a minute to explain it on the Agatha show.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I think the difference between Cassie and other characters who didn't get a name is that they also didn't get such a detailed superhero suit the same way she's getting. Kate got a suit, but it was kinda prototypical and likely not what she's gonna wear when she becomes the official Hawkeye. Even someone like Riri Williams who was never actually called Ironheart on-screen was marketed with her superhero name in merch that promoted her final armor. Cassie's suit is literally on the same level as the ones worn by Scott and Hope, which is why I was thinking they could market her with a superhero name.
    Given that they have a choice with her, and the MCU is almost never a one-for-one copy of the comics continuity, it would be amusing if she had a third identity for the MCU. MCU Cassie is already being established as a tinkerer, building that quantum beacon, so it could be interesting to see her use the capabilities of the Pym particle to generate much more body mass (as they do when one grows), to instead create multiple normal sized bodies, rather than one big one, and be called Swarm. (Since nobody wants to see that swarm of Nazi bees that is the 616 Swarm...)

In Atlas' case his powers aren't strictly Pym Particle based -- he is also an ionic being like Wonder Man. He got the ionic powers first, as Power Man, and then got Pym Particles added later when he became Goliath. The fact that his physiology is so different from any of the other Pym Particle users likely protected him from the physical damage of size changing.

He hasn't gotten off scot-free though, with periods of severe mental instability over the years.
    Wow, I didn't know that about Atlas. Learn something new everyday. I always wondered why he seemed stronger then the average Pym Particle giant

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post

That's ironic considering Cassie has always had heart-related health issues ever since she was a child, but her powers never seemed to affect that negatively. As a matter of fact, her constant exposure and use of Pym Particles seems to have improved her heart health, considering the plot point of Nick Spencer's Ant-Man run was that Darren Cross' son needed her heart specifically to revive his dad. I guess she just got lucky.
    That's true about her Pym Particle heart. She had no serious health issues after becoming Stature. But since bringing it up I miss when she grew and shrank when her emotions changed. It looks to be exclusive to her old heart so far as Darren Cross does it now. I guess you could say she outgrew it, but I always liked that phase of Stature. Yet another thing Marvel has robbed her of, as she's now just like every other size changer, and nothing special. Unless the others did that to. Imagine Hank or Nadia in the lab growing massive after getting mad at a failed experiment lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Given that they have a choice with her, and the MCU is almost never a one-for-one copy of the comics continuity, it would be amusing if she had a third identity for the MCU. MCU Cassie is already being established as a tinkerer, building that quantum beacon, so it could be interesting to see her use the capabilities of the Pym particle to generate much more body mass (as they do when one grows), to instead create multiple normal sized bodies, rather than one big one, and be called Swarm. (Since nobody wants to see that swarm of Nazi bees that is the 616 Swarm...)
    The only problem with that is heroes and villains who clone themselves usually end up as big jobbers for majority of their fights. They clone themselves and those clones get killed or beat up to make their opponent look threatening. Think Naruto or the Matrix. I'm all for seeing new usage of Pym Particles for whoever decides to experiment with it though. I could actually see a villain Pym Particle use cloning in battle, thinking it gives them the advantage. Maybe Cross Yellowjacket or Black Ant.
    Last edited by ComicNoobie; 12-06-2022 at 07:45 AM.

Ultimate Member

Wow, I didn't know that about Atlas. Learn something new everyday. I always wondered why he seemed stronger then the average Pym Particle giant
    Yeah, he was originally supposed to be Wonder Man + Pym particles, which *should* have made him like a thousand times stronger than Thor, but, not so much, and then Busiek kind of soft retconned him to mostly have growth powers fueled by ionic energy, and lose the side-buff of Wonder Man level strength at human size.

The only problem with that is heroes and villains who clone themselves usually end up as big jobbers for majority of their fights. They clone themselves and those clones get killed or beat up to make their opponent look threatening. Think Naruto or the Matrix. I'm all for seeing new usage of Pym Particles for whoever decides to experiment with it though. I could actually see a villain Pym Particle use cloning in battle, thinking it gives them the advantage. Maybe Cross Yellowjacket or Black Ant.
    Good point, and you are totally right in that it would be an ugly look if the MCU fielded a young woman whose super-power involved getting beat down and shot up dozens of times each appearance...

'Cause that's gonna be Laura Kinney's job.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I just want her to be able to change size without tech. I think that is potentially what could make her stand out from all the other Pym Particle users in the MCU right now. I know it's not that special in the comics anymore, but it would be pretty groundbreaking in the MCU considering what's been established. Although I imagine it's not practical for the special effects team to make a giant-sized, realistic looking person as opposed to someone who's always under a full-body costume, including the face.

Ay so this is random but I just wanna say I been playing Midnight Suns & Billy truly would have been a perfect addition to this game the way they dive into the lore of the elder gods in this game is more than Marvel has ever done in the comics! The fact they don’t mention the Demiurge at all is such a missed opportunity. Unfortunately I don’t think Billy’s been born yet in Midnight Suns universe but OMG he would have been perfect hopefully in a sequel.

Astonishing Member

Yeah, he was originally supposed to be Wonder Man + Pym particles, which *should* have made him like a thousand times stronger than Thor, but, not so much, and then Busiek kind of soft retconned him to mostly have growth powers fueled by ionic energy, and lose the side-buff of Wonder Man level strength at human size.
    Not quite. His decline in normal-size strength happened long before Busiek turned him into Atlas. He had started as Power Man--just plain and simple super-strength from the same machine that created Wonder Man. But the procedure was not as successful for him as it was for Simon and his strength level had started to decline over the years (he temporarily changed names to the Smuggler for a while after losing the Power Man name to Luke Cage) which was what had led to him eventually get the Pym Particle boost and turn himself into Goliath.

Since becoming Atlas he's been through a few more power fluxes, such as when he 'died' and came back as an ionic energy ghost possessing the body of his girlfriend. When he was possessing her body he had super-strength and flight. When he was finally restored to his own human body he was seemingly powerless until he got another dose of Pym Particles for a while. Those got taken away and he was seemingly normal non-powered human again....until his ionic powers re-manifested and turned him back into Atlas. Now he's got his giant-size powers again, and its not clear exactly how strong he is at normal size....but I'd say its probably safe to guess that his normal size strength is technically super-human....but not the high-end super-strength he used to have back when he was Power Man.