Page 41 of 94 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Apparently Marvel has licensed Young Avengers #1 (2005) to become an NFT made by this brand called VeVe, and they have an exclusive Wiccan/Hulkling cover by Jan Bazaldua (the artist from The Last Annihilation: Wiccan & Hulkling) and Rachelle Rosenberg: https://twitter.com/veve_official/st...90440277934084

NFTs are very controversial and highly criticized online, but I guess it's interesting that Marvel thinks that Young Avengers/Wickling are worth being pushed to the crypto-sphere. If anything, I guess this is a sign they really wanna keep the brand alive and relevant in today's market. Someone in the quote tweets also said that VeVe's Marvel content is usually produced to promote MCU stuff, so that's... telling, maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Didn't Iron Lad have a list of potential future Avengers? And he used that info to recruit the original YAs? Since he's a time traveller from the future, that could include heroes who weren't active yet - such as America.
    That explains how he would know of them, but not why he would trust them. The book even goes a step further to state those are the people he LOVES. Can we honestly say it makes sense for them to bring Nate after all this time claiming he loves David or America? Unless, again, this is not exactly our Nate but a version of him that's actually been a hero alongside MAC and Prodigy. But even then, I can't help but feel a little cheated out of actually seeing that development, specially if they're using them over Eli, who rightfully SHOULD be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Also since we're doing time travel BS can we finally get a concrete answer on the Twins Resurrection/Reincarnation?
    First thing I thought when I read that ending! Now would be a great time to address this, specially when they're doing it with Hulkling.

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    Judging by the way that group shot split them up, I'm assuming Billy and Teddy are gonna be sharing a story since they were together. I know we rag on them always being used as "The Couple", but I feel like it's the most efficient way to utilize only having 6 issues. However, since it's only 6 and we just got one for Nate, there has to be another pair since the group shot was 6 outside of Nate. I'm therefore assuming Tommy and David are gonna be sharing one as well.
    I don't think the way the group shot was separated necessarily reflects how the next issues will go. The artist was recreating a cover art in which Wiccan and Hulkling were appearing together while everyone else's art references were individual, so I think that might've just been the reason why. IDK, maybe we're overthinking this.

Also, on the subject of Eli, if he does show up, anyone think Anthony might involve the whole Patri-not situation from Vol2? That had to do with time travel iirc, so maybe he can work his magic and tie in Eli that way.
    I hadn't thought about that, but I would LOVE if Patri-not made a comeback and we finally had an answer as to what the hell that was. It's one of my frustrations about volume 2; it was such an interesting concept, but it quite literally went nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by GraysonXIV View Post
    I trust Anthony enough that if he could have included Eli, he would have (even if he didn’t intend to heavily focus on Eli). Marvel must not have let him for some reason.
    Anthony is such a YA geek, so I agree that he wouldn't just forget Eli. So I went on Twitter to see what people were saying about this and I found someone claiming they DMed Anthony about it and were told there were some issues involved or something like that. And now that I think about it... Anthony DID mention Eli's legal issues in that same podcast were he teased Paradox Lost. I thought it was strange at the time, since that was apparently resolved, but now that Eli has mysteriously disappeared from a group shot that very obviously should've included him, I'm starting to think maybe he really was forced to leave him out.

God.... this is so fucking disappointing if it's the case. I really thought we were DONE with this after Eli had his comeback for the past few years. How the hell is this still a problem? Disney and Feige better start paying up that Robert Morales estate, because I will not tolerate this Eli erasure in my house!

Issue 2 is out! Honestly, there isn't much to talk about. I'm actually low-key disappointed that more didn't happen to move the story along (it makes me wish those single issues were longer), but I guess it was worth it for that reunion alone. It was special, specially if you've been following Anthony's past work with Billy and Teddy. I love a good full circle moment.

spoilers:
    We finally find out Mary-Jo's Skrull name: ''Antalya, the Sun-Clothed. Votaress of the Cloisters of Ny'ni-Ahn, Prelate-Countess of the Forgotten Moon, and sworn battle maiden to Princess Anelle.'' I'm OBSESSED with the fact that she has so many titles. We were always led to believe she was just a simple maiden, but apparently she was a bad bitch in Skrull society? Good for her!

She knew that Teddy would become Emperor and marry Billy even before she died. That makes me feel less depressed about her death, and also look at her interaction with Billy on The Last Annihilation flashback issue in a totally different way. Like, SHE KNEW EVERYTHING. BLESS HER HEART!

Billy hanging out with baby Teddy was cute. And of course, the tease at the end!!!! DEMIURGE LORE INCOMING!!!!! LOVE THAT FOR ME!!!!! Also, something I noticed... the narration bubble that said ''Demiurge'', that was the same one used by Iron Lad, wasn't it? So I guess this means Nate knows about Billy's future? This is juicy!
    end of spoilers

So I'm assuming issue 3 is focused on Billy, if they're following up that ending directly. Since this issue was focused on something from the past... I would like the next one to be something from the future. I think it would make sense.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 07-06-2022 at 01:01 AM.

Hey gang. For those who aren't Patreon followers of Anthony and enjoy a peek behind the veil, he is doing writer commentary podcast posts and he explains that Eli was not on the list of characters provided to him for the project. He has nothing but sincere affection for Eli and he hopes that someone someday, if not himself, has an opportunity to further explore the character, but for this project Anthony was provided a list of 9 characters to choose from:
    Cassie
    America
    Kate
    David
    Tommy
    Billy
    Teddy
    Loki
    Nathaniel
    The structural expectation was to produce a 6 issue story, ideally showcasing a character per issue, and in Anthony's hyper ambitious glory, he chose 8 of the 9 characters (haha), combining the couples to optimize relationship dynamic exploration, so we can expect stories that feature and/or focus on:
    Cassie
    America
    Kate
    David & Tommy
    Billy & Teddy
    and Nathaniel

(Also, he suggests in the podcast that Al Ewing is using Loki for something, which is why he opted OUT of using him for this project)
    Last edited by Fokken; 07-06-2022 at 05:01 AM.

So Eli's absence was executive meddling. What the heck is going on in editorial?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

So Eli's absence was executive meddling. What the heck is going on in editorial?
    Anthony DID say that Eli gets name dropped in one of the issues, so Vive la résistance ?

I hope the next issue is Tommy & David focused not only do I want that dynamic but David at least in his own theory supposedly plays a role in Billy's ascension to the Demiurge it would make sense, I also hope Tommy gets some significant shine!

One thing that I'm REALLY pleased with and excited about is Anthony's desire to flesh out and broaden the ROGUE'S GALLERY for the Young Avengers characters. His choice of Kristoff Vernard is inspired with all the connective tissue already tethering him to Nathaniel/Iron Lad and Cassie Lang. Also, his relationship to Doom himself is another deeply appropriate "legacy" connection, --a theme that all the YA share, on top of the very literal and tragic Children's Crusade experience they all shared resulting in poor Cassie's demise (and later resurrection by the same jade adorned dictator).

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Hey gang. For those who aren't Patreon followers of Anthony and enjoy a peek behind the veil, he is doing writer commentary podcast posts and he explains that Eli was not on the list of characters provided to him for the project. He has nothing but sincere affection for Eli and he hopes that someone someday, if not himself, has an opportunity to further explore the character, but for this project Anthony was provided a list of 9 characters to choose from:
    Cassie
    America
    Kate
    David
    Tommy
    Billy
    Teddy
    Loki
    Nathaniel
    The structural expectation was to produce a 6 issue story, ideally showcasing a character per issue, and in Anthony's hyper ambitious glory, he chose 8 of the 9 characters (haha), combining the couples to optimize relationship dynamic exploration, so we can expect stories that feature and/or focus on:
    Cassie
    America
    Kate
    David & Tommy
    Billy & Teddy
    and Nathaniel

(Also, he suggests in the podcast that Al Ewing is using Loki for something, which is why he opted OUT of using him for this project)
    I KNEW there had to be Eli issues. Ughhhh, it sucks that he's still not being let out of limbo- I gotta wonder what they're even waiting for when it comes to Eli, what it would take for them to suck it up and let him have an on panel role.

And woohoo, I predicted Thinkfast getting an issue like BillyTeddy!! And while I expect the girls to get their own issues, I have a slight feeling that maybe Kate and America might share an issue so that we can get a full team up at issue 6? Following that, I assume that Cassie would be second to last after being teased in issue 1 and technically having the most to do with Nate and Kristoff.

And now for spoilers!

spoilers:
    I wonder how Anthony's gonna be expanding the Demiurge lore after that name drop at the end. Maybe next issue is America and he's tackling her mess of an origin, somehow trying to make it work?
    end of spoilers

Walking Replica! RE: Your Spoiler Tagged entry -- YES PLEASE GAWD PLEASE!

1 thing I was personally confused on is if the Crystal was looking for the Demiurge or it simply acknowledged Billy as the Demiurge maybe I'm just stupid but I couldn't tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    1 thing I was personally confused on is if the Crystal was looking for the Demiurge or it simply acknowledged Billy as the Demiurge maybe I'm just stupid but I couldn't tell.
    Or maybe you're being too ruff on yourself buddy, and we'll learn the how/why of it all in future issues....

Semi related: I am THRILLED by Anthony's continued insistent integration of X-lore into his YA stories. That nerd really knows whats up!
    Last edited by Fokken; 07-06-2022 at 07:21 AM.

Are these coming out weekly on Marvel Unlimited? I want to support Anthony and the Young Avengers.

I remember Anthony saying somewhere that he wished Tommy got more love. So I hope we get a lot of him in his issue. Yes I love David too but Tommy deserves it.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Are these coming out weekly on Marvel Unlimited? I want to support Anthony and the Young Avengers.

I remember Anthony saying somewhere that he wished Tommy got more love. So I hope we get a lot of him in his issue. Yes I love David too but Tommy deserves it.
    Agreed on all fronts.
    I looooove David, but Tommy could really use Anthony's talent and heartfelt creative touch.

To answer your questions, yes its on Marvel Unlimited, and they are released weekly.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Cassie
    America
    Kate
    David
    Tommy
    Billy
    Teddy
    Loki
    Nathaniel
    Cassie
    America
    Kate
    David & Tommy
    Billy & Teddy
    and Nathaniel

I was going to try to stay positive and theorize that maybe they have other plans for him, but if Anthony himself says that Loki was an option to use in the book even though there were other plans for him, there is literally no justification as to why Eli couldn't appear. I mean, let's be real.... which other book would even gatekeep Eli from Young Avengers? It's not like he's this super sought after A-lister.

I really hope whatever's going on doesn't affect his future in the MCU, 'cause at this point it's the only thing that can keep him alive as a character.

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    And while I expect the girls to get their own issues, I have a slight feeling that maybe Kate and America might share an issue so that we can get a full team up at issue 6?
    I was just thinking about that. Even though it is pretty cool that we have each issue highlighting different characters, if they keep following this pattern all the way through, there might not be time for any issue where the whole team is together, which would be disappointing for a Young Avengers book. Unless this book is a set up for a bigger revival of the team in another story, to which I definitely wouldn't complain.

spoilers:
    I wonder how Anthony's gonna be expanding the Demiurge lore after that name drop at the end. Maybe next issue is America and he's tackling her mess of an origin, somehow trying to make it work?
    end of spoilers
    That would be nice, although I'm not sure how much Anthony would be allow to ''mess'' with that, since MAC's retcon, much like the usage of Eli, seems to be editorially mandated stuff.

So it the demiurge thinkg good or bad? And in what series was it more elaborated on because its the one thing i dont know much about.