Page 34 of 94 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484 ... LastLast

Wiccan and Hulkling Are Marvel LGBT+ Trailblazers
    https://www.cbr.com/wiccan-and-hulkl...couple-marvel/

So Billy reality warped Goebig into existence for real? Man, that's going to test his relationship with Teddy.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Grumble Grumble.

I love the new costumes designs tbh

Quote Originally Posted by GraysonXIV View Post
    I love the new costumes designs tbh
    Same here. Kind of wish they could have space hijinks without the AU boyfriend...

Grumble Grumble.

Ooh I love Billy's costume! Not sure about Teddy tbh, I prefer his previous/current Emperor one.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Grumble Grumble.

I love Billy's new look and how it incorporated his galaxy print into the new design. I love the idea behind the red, but I think it's weird that they chose to make it a coat instead of a cape. I think Billy looks better with a cape (most mages do, really). Teddy's is pretty good too and I like how the blue piece of fabric seems to match Billy's galaxy print. I'd just add more bright colors so it wouldn't be so predominantly black.

I wonder what are the odds of those redesigns sticking around. They got some pretty big redesigns for the first book that were quickly forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    So Billy reality warped Goebig into existence for real? Man, that's going to test his relationship with Teddy.
    We already knew this, because we saw them at the end of the previous book. They didn't disappear or anything like that; Billy just left them in their universe when he and Teddy came back to theirs. The question is just how Goebig managed to make it to Earth-616.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 06-15-2022 at 03:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    So I noticed how this is not edited by Tom Brevoort like the other Young Avengers books, which tells me that this is probably not something that came out of the Avengers office, and sadly it's probably the only reason why we're even having it in the first place. The Avengers Office these days just don't allow any Avengers books other than flagship and Savage to exist, for whatever reason. Either way, we should still support the book just to send the message that there is still an audience for a Young Avengers book.
    They just approved of All Out Avengers but yeah, it really sucks the 3 books are so unappealing to me. Also Savage is now uncertain with Conan about to go back to their parent compant.

Better look at the new Wickling designs. Looks like we're finally free from Billy's haircut? God bless. And I just noticed... the green thing on Teddy's torso; I thought initially that it was a painted fabric, but it looks like it could be a bare part of his outfit, kinda like a crop top? I'm obsessed with that design idea. lol

And speaking of yassified Teddy... he looks so good on Puzzle Quest? OMG. Skinny waist king!

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    They just approved of All Out Avengers but yeah, it really sucks the 3 books are so unappealing to me. Also Savage is now uncertain with Conan about to go back to their parent compant.
    All Out Avengers seems so Aaron-Avengers-generic content that I totally blocked it out of my mind. The Avengers franchise is in such an underwhelming state these days, and Cebulski refuses to fix it. Say what you will about Alonso, but at least we were getting FUN Avengers content during his era. I miss it.

As for Savage, I guess they could just continue the book without Conan? But I wouldn't complain if they decided to end it so we could get an Avengers book I care more about. lol
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 06-15-2022 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    He bout to warp him out if he gets cute. I do love the idea of Goebig meeting his maker/God I hope they explore that dynamic a lil bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I do love the idea of Goebig meeting his maker/God I hope they explore that dynamic a lil bit.
    Wait... maybe Goebig will give us the story we should've gotten with America/Billy before Marvel spent years ignoring their connection only to erase it later on. This is how I still win.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Not a fan of the name, or the fact that every story about them has to be about their relationship.

Do they really have to just be the gay couple? Does everything have to boil down to them being a couple?

It's a huge part of them, and should absolutely be a part of their stories, but does it need to be THE FOCUS every time that they get a spotlight?
    Last edited by legion_quest; 06-16-2022 at 03:39 PM.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Extraordinary Member

They are not exactly golden boys in terms of resources so their limited appearances will be about the most marketable thing about them I guess.

I always interpreted it that Billy didn't create all new people to populate some alternate reality, but instead just had alternate versions of people who already existed. Hence there would have already been a Goebig and Eidolon in 616. Just, in this one, they all never met. But, yeah, I never got the impression Billy made them whole-cloth out of nothing.

Also, I love the new designs. Both my boys deserve FASHION!

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScarlet View Post
    I always interpreted it that Billy didn't create all new people to populate some alternate reality, but instead just had alternate versions of people who already existed. Hence there would have already been a Goebig and Eidolon in 616. Just, in this one, they all never met. But, yeah, I never got the impression Billy made them whole-cloth out of nothing.

Also, I love the new designs. Both my boys deserve FASHION!
    I actually recall asking Josh if his intention was to say Billy did in fact create them from scratch on Twitter & it's been a while but if I recall he said yes.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I actually recall asking Josh if his intention was to say Billy did in fact create them from scratch on Twitter & it's been a while but if I recall he said yes.
    That's a pretty serious power upgrade for Billy.

Franklin Richards level power up.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God