Page 24 of 94 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Atp Marvel can just cast the main Heartstopper actors as Billy and Teddy and repeat the plot of that show w/ superpowers. Pls and thanks.
    Multiverse of Madness has proven that if people demand their favorite fan cast on twitter often enough, Kevin Feige will cave and make it real. So start posting lol

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    The problem is this is intentional. They are casting their young queer characters younger so they won't have to address it. And they should be called out for it.
    Well i heard she is 16 now and that would make her closer to her comic age when she was first shown in comics.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I mean they're obviously going to do what they did in the comics: introduce Billy and Tommy as kids and then age them up when it's Young Avengers time.

As for America: are people seriously fucking complaining about a 14 years old character being played by an actual 14 year old? Or is this more complaining about her being a minor so you can't ship her with Hailee Steinfeld?
    Last edited by gonnagiveittoya; 05-10-2022 at 08:57 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Some America Chavez talk/news.

'Doctor Strange 2': America Chavez to Appear at Disneyland's Avengers Campus
    Xochitl Gomez, who plays Chavez in the new Marvel picture, announced the news on Disney Parks' YouTube.
    https://collider.com/doctor-strange-...ace-character/

In a recent interview with Deadline, Xochitl Gomez and Marvel executive Victoria Alonso discussed the importance of America Chavez.

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness is set to add quite a bit to the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and perhaps its most important addition will be Xochitl Gomez‘s new young hero, America Chavez. The character, who can punch open portals to other universes, will undoubtedly be an integral part of Marvel’s superhero repertoire going forward, but it won’t be her abilities that mean the most to some viewers. Chavez is a Latina member of the LGBTQ+ community, raised by two loving mothers in her own timeline. Marvel Studios Executive Producer Victoria Alonso, herself raising a daughter with her wife, commented on what it would have meant to her had America been on the big screen in her youth:
    What it would’ve meant is to have had a tad more understanding of the person that I was and that I was growing into being was not invisible. I think visibility at any age is incredibly important whether you’re 10, 20, 30 or 80. To have your people and to have someone who says, ‘I am, and it’s OK. I am, and I am powerful. I am, and I belong.’ I think any young adult could have that today, [specifically] the 42 percent of LGBTQIA adults that consider suicide or those that do it, would probably think twice that maybe they’re OK [as they are]. My hope today is that—as a small gift from a bunch of filmmakers that want to tell great stories—if there are any kids out there thinking even minimally that their lives are not worth it, I can honestly tell you their lives are worth it and we will celebrate it with them.
    To read more go here
    https://www.murphysmultiverse.com/xo...se-of-madness/

How Changes to America Chavez in ‘Doctor Strange 2’ Set Up Young Avengers

https://www.murphysmultiverse.com/ho...oung-avengers/

Extraordinary Member

Xochitl Gomez’s America Chavez is Younger Than In the Comics in ‘Multiverse of Madness’

With the secretive Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness swiftly approaching, marketing and press for the MCU film is ramping up. With fan expectations all over the place, still one of the most anticipated elements of the sequel is a known character. Actress Xochitl Gomez will be bringing comics superhero and Young Avenger America Chavez to life in the film. Chavez’s dimension-hopping powers will obviously come in handy in the multiversal adventure, and it looks like she will be teaching the stubborn Doctor Strange plenty of things.

Virtualy no Marvel character makes it to live-action exactly how they were written in the comics and often for good reason. In a recent interview with Marvel, Gomez revealed a difference between her live-action Gomez and the source material that has clear implications for the future of the character. Gomez explained that Chavez is about 14-years-old in Multiverse of Madness, which is years younger than the comics Chavez who fell in with the Young Avengers around 17. The actress explained the implications of the character’s age on her future in the MCU:

You can definitely see the beginning stages of what future America might become…I took stuff that was in the comics, and kind of lightened it up since she’s less experienced. She’s younger than any of her known appearances in the comics, and I think you can see that. It was a fun challenge exploring what a younger and less experienced America might be, but also hinting towards the serious leader she would soon become. I wanted to keep that kid energy and a little bit of that fake-it-till-you-make-it confidence.

Considering a potential Young Avengers project might still be years away, making Chavez younger in the Doctor Strange film would make it easier for her to be a more comics-accurate age when she appears in a related project. Because the character is appearing now, allowing an extra few years of development not only suits the long-term development of the character but also potentially the real-life aging of the young actress.

Fans can meet America Chavez when Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness when movie hits theaters on May 6, 2022.

https://www.murphysmultiverse.com/xo...se-of-madness/

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    It Looks like she was always with her moms until her teen years unlike the comics.
    spoilers:
    She was just a little kid when her moms were separated from her, not a teen. We can clearly see that in the flashback scene. She's been on her own ever since, hopping from universe to universe.
    end of spoilers

Plus she is younger in the mcu version(14),so looking at the story it would not make sense for her to have any type of love relationship.
    I don't think anyone was asking for a long term, sexually active relationship for a 14-year-old America Chavez. The point is: that is not the only way you can convey sexuality. At 14, you are going through puberty. You're not a little kid anymore. You have thoughts and feelings that can be romantic in nature.

The problem is this is intentional. They are casting their young queer characters younger so they won't have to address it. And they should be called out for it.
    I don't actually buy into this specific conspiracy theory just because Phastos was a thing in Eternals, and they didn't have to show that, considering Phastos was never queer in the comics. If they went out of their way to turn a comic book character gay just to add more representation to a Marvel movie, clearly they don't have an issue addressing it. I think the deaging of America is strange, but I'm willing to accept it was just an exception for now. And no, I'm not counting Billy and Tommy as a part of this trend because, as we've discussed, they're not Wiccan and Speed yet. BUT if they cast Teddy as a kid while letting Billy and Tommy be the only Young Avengers stuck as little kids, then I'll definitely be pissed.

I think they need to be recast regardless. Like, in 5 years, who knows if these child actors are even going to be good actors?
    I'm not saying they would suddenly turn into bad actors, but... chemistry between actors is a pretty big deal, and I would prefer if they could cast Billy and Teddy together precisely for that reason; so they would know from the start what they're getting into. Rolling the dice and betting that Julian might be good with whoever they cast as Teddy years from now is kind of a risky decision, IMO. People are worried about Billy and Teddy not being gay in the MCU (which I don't think will ever happen), but my real fear is just two actors who don't look very good together on-screen. They are the most important romantic dynamic of the Young Avengers and they can't afford to mess up the casting.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    As for America: are people seriously fucking complaining about a 14 years old character being played by an actual 14 year old? Or is this more complaining about her being a minor so you can't ship her with Hailee Steinfeld?
    People are complaining about the character even being 14 in the first place when she was never that young in the comics.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 05-11-2022 at 01:58 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    spoilers:
    She was just a little kid when her moms were separated from her, not a teen. We can clearly see that in the flashback scene. She's been on her own ever since, hopping from universe to universe.
    end of spoilers
    I just remember that part only few hours later after i posted and forgot to correct it when i posted here again recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Multiverse of Madness has proven that if people demand their favorite fan cast on twitter often enough, Kevin Feige will cave and make it real. So start posting lol
    spoilers:
    Krasinski
    end of spoilers is not in the main universe. With their terrible treatment in MoM, I kinda think Feige wanted to torpedo that fancasting idea deliberately.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I was going through some old leaks for Doctor Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness just to be sure I wasn't remembering it wrong, and I found this one from August 2021, which turned out to be surprisingly accurate for the most part. Some details were off, and it looks like some of the stuff might've been true but ended up being cut or changed after reshoots (there is at least one thing they mention here that we know was cut because of the film merch). This was, as far as I can tell, the most reliable leak from last year. I doubt this person was just a random with a lucky guess, because there are way too many details they got right. And yep, it DOES mention older Billy and Tommy appearing in the end.

So now the question is... was this cut? Did they give up on the idea? Or did it just happen to be one of the few things this person got wrong? The world might never know, but I just wanted to share because it is interesting to think about.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 05-11-2022 at 04:05 AM.

I was going through some old leaks for Doctor Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness just to be sure I wasn't remembering it wrong, and I found this one from August 2021, which turned out to be surprisingly accurate for the most part. Some details were off, and it looks like some of the stuff might've been true but ended up being cut or changed after reshoots (there is at least one thing they mention here that we know was cut because of the film merch). This was, as far as I can tell, the most reliable leak from last year. I doubt this person was just a random with a lucky guess, because there are way too many details they got right. And yep, it DOES mention older Billy and Tommy appearing in the end.

So now the question is... was this cut? Did they give up on the idea? Or did it just happen to be one of the few things this person got wrong? The world might never know, but I just wanted to share because it is interesting to think about.
    I think either it was never a thing or they just thought it wouldn't make sense if Villain Wanda was in the cards all along, what truly is the point of aging up those variant version of the twins if their not even hers.

I mean they're obviously going to do what they did in the comics: introduce Billy and Tommy as kids and then age them up when it's Young Avengers time.

It's the ship but no one wants to admit it. Kate & America has always been a ridiculous thing IMO from the friendship to the ship always been forced.

So now the question is... was this cut? Did they give up on the idea? Or did it just happen to be one of the few things this person got wrong?
    spoilers:
    In the climax where America teleports Wanda into the AU Maximoff house, the boys freak out and say 'The witch is back!'. What did they mean by that when they never encountered her before? So the possibility of there being a scene involving a fight between Scarlet Witch and their mom that got left on the editing floor makes sense. I don't know about the twins getting aged up though. That leaked plot is incredibly detailed otherwise but is very vague on that one aspect so could have been a misinterpretation or misunderstanding on someone's part.
    end of spoilers

No, they’re complaining about an 18-20 year old character being changed to be a 14 year old character so they don’t have to address her sexuality in a meaningful way.

No, they’re complaining about an 18-20 year old character being changed to be a 14 year old character so they don’t have to address her sexuality in a meaningful way.
    What meaningful way do y'all want? It's not like America has any worthwhile love interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    spoilers:
    Krasinski
    end of spoilers is not in the main universe. With their terrible treatment in MoM, I kinda think Feige wanted to torpedo that fancasting idea deliberately.
    The Richards family should not exist in 616 since He Who Remains was trying to prevent another Kang from being born.