Page 26 of 94 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    Anyway the current rumour going around the Marvel spoiler grapevine is that they're planning "a Children's Crusade project", no word yet on whether it's supposed to be a movie or a Disney+ series. Presumably this is the Young Avengers project that they've been laying the groundwork for though.
    Do we have any source for this who's not MyTimeToShineHello? I'm kinda sick of her bullshit, specially after she was caught spreading misinformation about Deadpool and Iron Man on the latest movie and then tried to save face saying it was cut, only for Michael Waldron himself to say there was never any real plan for Iron Man to be in the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    If all y'all wanted was America kicking ass that's what y'all got so again IDK what more y'all wanted.

I would hardly call finally doing something useful for a few seconds on the final moments of the third act kicking ass. LOL

It's like I said: if your expectations were of an America Chavez from the comics, this movie was never going to deliver. I enjoyed it because I see it as a prologue for the real character. So my expectation is that she's gonna get there in the future. And honestly, they need to take her out of the Doctor Strange franchise, because the sorcerer's apprentice role doesn't fit MAC at all. She needs to go to Ultimates or Young Avengers if they really want her to be the best version of herself.

Also I gotta say MOM sets up the possibility of America having major beef with the twins & vice versa & I'm lowkey here for it.....
    I AM interested in that. Specially if we have the same Billy/America dynamic from the comics, with her feeling like she needs to protect him, while also feeling conflicted about his connection to Wanda. If we do get a Children's Crusade adaptation, America being there as a supporting character might actually be a good addition.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 05-12-2022 at 01:30 AM.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Do we have any source for this who's not MyTimeToShineHello? I'm kinda sick of her bullshit, specially after she was caught spreading misinformation about Deadpool and Iron Man on the latest movie and then tried to save face saying it was cut, only for Michael Waldron himself to say there was never any real plan for Iron Man to be in the movie.
    Admittedly the rumour mostly comes from MyTimeToShineHello, however there is another new leaker named "GreatPhase" who leaked accurate info about MoM and has backed up the rumour about a Children's Crusade project. Neither of them are 100% accurate in their leaks but no leaker is.

I don't blame you for being skeptical of MTTSH after the Deadpool and Iron man thing but she definitely has inside sources at Marvel and allegedly works for Marvel herself. Her claims need to be taken with a grain of salt for sure, but she can't be dismissed out of hand.

GreatPhase said; So it does seem they are doing children’s crusade storyline for the young avengers series. This was back on March 8th apparently. what I find interesting is that he called it "the young avengers series", implying it's going to be a Disney+ series instead of a movie. TBH I always assumed that a YA project would be a series instead of a movie.

Anyway take all of this with the appropriate amount of salt but personally I do think it's likely because as we've discussed before the clock is ticking on how long they can use the older actors they've already cast as YA members in a Young Avengers project.
    Last edited by MasterOfMagnetism; 05-12-2022 at 01:54 AM.

Children's Crusade would make sense to be adapted, as spoilers:
    it's the storyline that redeemed Scarlet Witch after Avengers Disassembled, and she was a villain in Multiverse of Madness so she's on the same path in the MCU.
    end of spoilers The time travel part would probably be omitted though, because Scott Lang isn't dead. Presumably it also won't end with Cassie's death like the comic story did.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Children's Crusade would make sense to be adapted, as spoilers:
    it's the storyline that redeemed Scarlet Witch after Avengers Disassembled, and she was a villain in Multiverse of Madness so she's on the same path in the MCU.
    end of spoilers The time travel part would probably be omitted though, because Scott Lang isn't dead. Presumably it also won't end with Cassie's death like the comic story did.
    If they kill off anyone it'll be Tommy unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    If they kill off anyone it'll be Tommy unfortunately.
    I doubt they would be killing anyone from the Young Avengers. The team would be too fresh for that. I find more likely that TCC would end up being a big crossover event, and some other already established Avengers-related character would die in it.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...complete-guide

The Young Avengers in “All My Exes in the Nexus”
    Written by ALYSSA WONG
    Art by STEPHEN BYRNE

Nebula, World Fantasy, and Locus-award winner Alyssa Wong and fan-favorite artist Stephen Byrne reunite the Young Avengers in a story guaranteed to please fans new and old! Byrne will also depict the team in one of the issue’s variant covers.

“YOUNG AVENGERS is one of my cornerstone comics: fun, romantic, hilarious, ambitious, queer, and utterly buck wild. 'All My Exes In the Nexus' is a love letter to the queer chaos, camaraderie, and joy that the Young Avengers embody. (And it's a Loki story, because of course it is),” Wong teased.

“I couldn’t be more excited to work on the Young Avengers story for MARVEL'S VOICES: PRIDE. The Gillen/McKelvie run was one of my earliest encounters with queer representation in comics and it is an exciting honor to be drawing them now,” Byrne added.

Happy to see America interacting with Teddy and specially Billy again! Honestly, I'm almost glad it seems like Kate isn't a part of it, 'cause her friendship with MAC tends to overshadow every other friendship she (MAC) has.

Very interesting to find out this is a Loki-centered story. I'm guessing, by the looks of it, that something is up with Loki so MAC, Billy and Teddy have to step in to help him. Judging by the name of the story, ''All My Exes In The Nexus'', maybe it's something related to Loki's past relationships? Oh god... are we getting Brotherhood Of Evil Exes from Gillen's run, round 2? That would be funny.

Also, MAC just casually using her star portals when she JUST got a digital book saying she couldn't do that... The retcon is already starting to crumble right before our very eyes, y'all.

Astonishing Member

Also, MAC just casually using her star portals when she JUST got a digital book saying she couldn't do that... The retcon is already starting to crumble right before our very eyes, y'all.
    Do we know when exactly this story is set? It could take place before America got de-powered....or after she hopefully gets re-powered.

I like how she doesn't forget the bacon. We can't just abandon bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Do we know when exactly this story is set? It could take place before America got de-powered....or after she hopefully gets re-powered.
    Nothing official yet, and considering how little impact those Marvel's Voices one-shots have on other books, I'm not even expecting them to establish a timeline for this. I'm just making fun of it because it highlights how impossible it would be to keep her current status as it is. Future writers will inevitably want to use her star portals, and they can't be stuck with writing flashbacks forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    I just noticed that. She grabbed that bacon for dear life. LOL

Happy to see America interacting with Teddy and specially Billy again! Honestly, I'm almost glad it seems like Kate isn't a part of it, 'cause her friendship with MAC tends to overshadow every other friendship she (MAC) has.

Very interesting to find out this is a Loki-centered story. I'm guessing, by the looks of it, that something is up with Loki so MAC, Billy and Teddy have to step in to help him. Judging by the name of the story, ''All My Exes In The Nexus'', maybe it's something related to Loki's past relationships? Oh god... are we getting Brotherhood Of Evil Exes from Gillen's run, round 2? That would be funny.

Wait... Marvel took away one of her most recognizable powers? Can someone catch me up to speed on what the hells going on with this retcon?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Just grab the plate MAC, who is gonna wash that glove.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Probably between Empyre and America Chavez: Made in the USA.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Honey can someone save the Demiurge from this f*cking haircut who STARTED THAT ****!??!

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Wait... Marvel took away one of her most recognizable powers? Can someone catch me up to speed on what the hells going on with this retcon?
    Yeah, on top of her original backstory being completely erased, she was severely nerfed by the end of the book, not being able to fly for too long, losing a good portion of her strength and not being able to travel the multiverse with her portals. It's like the writer was trying to test just how much she could screw her over with a single book. lol

Other than Marvel Voices Pride, do we know anything about upcoming appearances for anyone? Is it total radio silence for every YA character rn?