Page 28 of 94 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

People use Gomez age being closer to the twins to say that's why they won't change actors, but the characterization is totally different. I think they're casting someone new for them, since I doubt they cast a Teddy that young.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1526970876960198656

New Marvel game coming soon, and it looks like America will be a playable character. In the end, there is this shot with the logo of SEVERAL Marvel characters. I don't know what exactly that means or if they're all gonna be playable, but I couldn't find a single Young Avenger there other than MAC herself. :\

Quote Originally Posted by Ibara View Post
    Also we got a small cameo by Emperor Hulkling and Wiccan in today's FF. This might be a hot take, but still hating Teddy as Emperor. The boys would still be in limbo regardless, but space limbo is so boring. This maybe 20something y/o young man should not be leading the reconstruction of an Empire/Alliance he has basically no understanding of - what skills does he bring to the table? Why not establish a council, parliament, or HoR to actually run things? They've yet to prove that they can run an empire and still be active in the MU and I fear this will just lead to them being the Kree/Skrull attaches; only ever used when their corner of space is needed in a story (and Pride Month) and nothing more, they can't be Avengers, they can't be on a team, they're just rulers in a faraway galaxy.

Cute of them to show up in FF ig.
    The current treatment of Wickling in the comics is honestly so stupid. It's so clear Marvel didn't have a long-term plan for them, and I hate that. All that talk about how Empyre was supposed to elevate Teddy as a character... bunch of bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I think it's probably more like the people involved in DSMOM deciding to let whoever will be handling Young Avengers or whatever project Wanda is showing up next deal with the twins situation.
    Which could be a blessing in disguise. I much prefer that crucial decisions about Young Avengers are made by people who are actually in charge of the Young Avengers in the MCU. If we had that from the beginning, maybe we wouldn't have ended up with weird stuff like America being a decade younger than Kate.

And while I do support the recast, because even Xochitl who's younger than Hailee/Kathryn still has a significant age gap with them, I feel like they're probably considering keeping Julian and Jett due to how beloved they've become in the fandom.
    Ehh, I don't know about that. I'd argue that audiences loved Abby Ryder Fortson as Cassie Lang, but they wasted no time recasting her (twice lol) when it was needed for the story. Plus, the supposed audition for older Tommy was after WandaVision had already aired, so by that point Marvel already knew how people felt about Billy and Tommy Maximoff. So why even look for other actors, and why specifically say the ''616'' children were not real in your post-WV script? It feels like Marvel is more willing to let them go than fans are, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    People use Gomez age being closer to the twins to say that's why they won't change actors, but the characterization is totally different. I think they're casting someone new for them, since I doubt they cast a Teddy that young.
    And then there's also the fact that America feels like an actual character of her own. She was one of the main characters, got posters, merch, etc. The actress is actually being promoted as a new young face for the MCU. Billy and Tommy have been just props for Wanda's story. Nothing about their treatment feels like they're setting them up to be what MAC is.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 05-19-2022 at 02:22 AM.

There was a LOT of logos there! The footage only showed America and Ironheart (who for some reason was in her red and gold costume rather than her current pink, black and gold one), but there must be 100s of character logos at the end there. Clearly it's a mobile game. Announcement of what it is is at 10am PST, 6pm UK time. You're right, I don't see any other Young Avengers. Several other teen heroes though (Kamala, Miles, Moon Girl, Squirrel Girl, one of the Novas, and even Debrii from the 2005 New Warriors team!)

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Yeah, it's wild but at this point the reincarnation actually seems very likely. Honestly I'm not sure how I want them to go about them tbh. The more I think about it, the less I want them to age up by just... using their aging up power that they did in WandaVision. If you think about it they were only about one week old in the end of WandaVision but were already 10, which means they kinda lost 10 years of their lives. I remember that someone from WandaVision said they didn't age them more because they already felt like Wanda already lost most of their childhood, and I agree.

So for a while my ideal scenario would be for them to be in some other dimension or whatever where time passes differently and they really spent like 5+ years there. I guess that since the reincarnation from the comics actually goes back to the past (which I feel would be super noticeably awkward in the MCU in a way that it wasn't in the comics though), that would work too. Before WandaVision started airing, I thought time would pass differently in the hex and all the decades of sitcoms would actually feel like a decade to them, so if anything Billy and Tommy aging with the decades instead of normally would make them live more rather than less.

About America, I think the reality is that they wanted to have this plot about Strange having a kid "sidekick" to care for, and they chose America because her powers fit perfectly for the multiversal theme. Ever since the casting call leaked and they were looking for a 12-16 year old or something, I knew they were gonna make America much more of a child than she ever was in the comics.
    Plus, had Multiverse of Madness released before the most recent Spider-Man film, she'd have been in that too (since it was also about the multiverse). They cut her role when Strange 2 was delayed.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

It's a card game called Marvel Snap.
    https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1527333269053792256
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Figured as much...

And it still looks like no Young Avengers beyond America are in it.

Well, that explains the amount of characters they were teasing (even Uncle freaking Ben).

Kind of an anticlimactic announcement given the cutscene they used. I don't have any interest in card games...

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    It's probably the kind of game that will have constant updates to add new characters, so I feel like sooner or later some other YA characters will show up, considering they're adding just about anyone there, even characters that never had a logo before (like Sera).

Yeah, the cutscene had me thinking it might be something similar to Future Fight. Someone in the comments on the original teaser tweet was hoping for a revival of Avengers Alliance!

Yeah, and based on the fact that she used a star portal to summon Miles in the extended promo, and was fighting alongside Ironheart, you should be concerned. Will the game just lump her in with the Champions?
    Last edited by Digifiend; 05-19-2022 at 01:36 PM.

Now why am I seeing Twitter talking about Hulkling in relation to the She-Hulk show? Did I miss some new rumor or something? lol

Yeah, and based on the fact that she used a star portal to summon Miles in the extended promo, and was fighting alongside Ironheart, you should be concerned. Will the game just lump her in with the Champions?
    I don't think there's any reason to be concerned because it's just a card game with hundreds of characters. Canon teams are hardly relevant when you'll just be able to put any characters together for the gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Now why am I seeing Twitter talking about Hulkling in relation to the She-Hulk show? Did I miss some new rumor or something? lol
    Maybe because there was a joke/troll tweet the other day that got a couple thousand likes about Kit Connor playing Hulkling in She-Hulk?

https://twitter.com/nebsgoodtakes/st...ASsyy7Ue7N7t_A

It's probably the kind of game that will have constant updates to add new characters, so I feel like sooner or later some other YA characters will show up, considering they're adding just about anyone there, even characters that never had a logo before (like Sera).
    I'm just a little annoyed with them getting left out in favor of characters like Uncle Ben or Hell Cow. Constantly having to wait for a possible future update is annoying when the game could crash and burn before they get added. Or Marvel could end 500+ variations of existing ones before expanding to others like the YA.

There was another rumor that Hulkling will appear in the show. But I've not found anything beyond some sites saying they heard it'll happen.

Quote Originally Posted by GraysonXIV View Post
    Maybe because there was a joke/troll tweet the other day that got a couple thousand likes about Kit Connor playing Hulkling in She-Hulk?

https://twitter.com/nebsgoodtakes/st...ASsyy7Ue7N7t_A
    I saw this troll tweet, but I think it was also in response to something that came up first. I saw a screenshot and apparently it was a deleted tweet from this guy who is pretty popular on Twitter saying something like ''streets are saying Hulkling will appear in She-Hulk'', and I think he deleted it because he realized no one was actually saying that. LMAO

I'm just a little annoyed with them getting left out in favor of characters like Uncle Ben or Hell Cow. Constantly having to wait for a possible future update is annoying when the game could crash and burn before they get added. Or Marvel could end 500+ variations of existing ones before expanding to others like the YA.
    Yeah, seeing them not being on the initial roster when they added so many random characters there is kinda sad, but then again, if it was some years ago, America probably wouldn't have made it to the initial roster either. I think it just goes to show that the MCU has been doing wonders for her in terms of exposure in other medias, so I have hope that the same will be true to the rest of the YA characters in time.

I love how America in the movie and now the game promo has her powers/origin and her comic self getting nerfed and the retcon is looking foolish to the point Marvel Comics have to walk back this stupid retcon right?

Which could be a blessing in disguise. I much prefer that crucial decisions about Young Avengers are made by people who are actually in charge of the Young Avengers in the MCU. If we had that from the beginning, maybe we wouldn't have ended up with weird stuff like America being a decade younger than Kate.
    Kinda going with what you said next about Cassie's casting too: Yeah, I think it might be a good idea to leave the casting for whoever is gonna really use them. I think they let the Russos choose (or at least have a hand on it along with the casting director?) the actress for Cassie for her scene in Endgame, but Peyton Reed who will actually use her in a significant way wasn't on board with that, and maybe even had Kathryn in mind already.

Random thought of the day: Marvel should definitely cast Kim Raver as Mary-Jo Altman in the MCU. The actress who played Dr. Teddy Altman in Grey's Anatomy AND the voice actress of Captain Marvel in the Marvel Rising franchise. I can't think of a bigger galaxy brain casting.