Page 49 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I hear Marvel trademarked "Avengers Academy" so I wonder if that's where some of the Young Avengers are going to end up.
    Nah, the Kang Dynasty and Secret Wars stuff leaked through someone registering the trademarks so they registered a bunch of bullshit to throw people off

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Tbh its very likely not going to be called Young Avengers anyways
    IDK why y'all say this it's not an outlandish name for a project they could call it Young Avengers.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Like i thought it's looking like Kathryn & Hailee gonna be pushing 30 by the time we get a YA project..
    We were never gonna get them before 2024 anyway. For a movie or show to come out in 2023, they'd have to be shooting it this year, and obviously there is not time for that considering just how much Marvel has in their hands as of now. 2024 is the earliest we could get the team, assuming they could start shooting next year. I just hope we can get it as early as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    [SPOILER]I'm not sure if this is a Spoiler or not but I heard MCU Cassie is eighteen in one of the interviews. So as of now she and Kate are legal adults. In the comics she's fifteen.[/SPOILER]
    I don't think it's a spoiler if someone revealed it in an interview. I wouldn't be shocked if Cassie is 18 now. She was like 16 at the end of Endgame; I could see at least two years passing in-universe between then and now.

I hear Marvel trademarked "Avengers Academy" so I wonder if that's where some of the Young Avengers are going to end up.
    Nah, the Kang Dynasty and Secret Wars stuff leaked through someone registering the trademarks so they registered a bunch of bullshit to throw people off
    Not necessarily bullshit. I noticed some of the trademarks were names for comics stuff (like Timeless), and one sounded like something for parks (Avengers Excursion), so it's possible some of those were simply for other media/products and people got carried away thinking all of it was for film/TV just because some of them were.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 07-24-2022 at 02:51 AM.

Guess Cassie is Stinger and not Stature in the MCU

Those costumes look so generic :/

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

That certainly sounds like something that could be a TV show, but it also sounds like something that would work well as a cartoon.

I still don't think we'll get a major movie or TV show that actively calls itself 'Young' anything. If they are young, then by counterpoint the other Avengers will be 'old', and I cant see TV/Film execs liking the sound of that.

Still think it'll be 'Champions' in the end, with a mixed roster from both teams.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    It might. Even if they do look more like Kamen Riders.
    True, after all the early KRs were insect themed. But the general public aren't as likely to know about them. Kamen Rider Dragon Knight was a bomb - to the point that it didn't even air in the UK. Masked Rider was one season and done, and that was back in the 90s. There's also an official subtitled release of Kamen Rider Zero-One, but the public can't be expected to know about Aruto Hiden! So if they do make a toku joke, it'll be Power Rangers.
    Tbh its very likely not going to be called Young Avengers anyways
    Yeah, face it, it'll probably be Champions, justified by the presence of Kamala and Riri on the team - that name doesn't actually rely on them being young. Kamala will also be an adult by then, in the show she was a 16 year old played by a 19 year old. This was always going to be a problem in live action. The roster, however, will be mostly Young Avengers for sure, as most of the other Champions aren't in the MCU yet.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Maybe they'll go by the "Young Adult Avengers" lol. I don't think having "young" in the title is bad, I mean look at the following of Young Justice. However I could see them going for another name like Champions or the Avengers Academy if they go that route. This will allow Riri and Kamala to join too, since they are Champions.

How interesting that most of the young heroes suiting up are the girls. Eli has appeared but hasn't teased heroics so far. Maybe Captain America 4 will be the answer to that. We still are waiting for older Billy and Tommy. A part of me was shocked they didn't at least get Billy for Multiverse of Madness, since I figured he would fit in with Doctor Stranger's magic world. So I'm wondering where he and Tommy will resurface? The closet on the boys side is Kid Loki.

I’m kinda baffled that Thunderbolts got fully confirmed and we still don’t have a YA announced. I feel like players for both those teams started getting set up at the same time, and with Billy, Tommy, Kid Loki, America, Kate, Eli, AND Cassie being introduced we definitely have more YA characters actually on the board than Thunderbolts.

I do not want Kamala or Riri anywhere near this team. Champions is already a flop brand I don't like the idea of them riding my YA squad for the much needed clout.

And I will always stand by the fact casting these old actors was a mistake the best casting they've done is Xochti & hell I'd even argue the twins at this point hell by the time we get YA anything it'll probably be 26-27 the YA should not be as old as the X-Men.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    We were never gonna get them before 2024 anyway. For a movie or show to come out in 2023, they'd have to be shooting it this year, and obviously there is not time for that considering just how much Marvel has in their hands as of now. 2024 is the earliest we could get the team, assuming they could start shooting next year. I just hope we can get it as early as possible.

I don't think it's a spoiler if someone revealed it in an interview. I wouldn't be shocked if Cassie is 18 now. She was like 16 at the end of Endgame; I could see at least two years passing in-universe between then and now.

Not necessarily bullshit. I noticed some of the trademarks were names for comics stuff (like Timeless), and one sounded like something for parks (Avengers Excursion), so it's possible some of those were simply for other media/products and people got carried away thinking all of it was for film/TV just because some of them were.
    New World Order, Kang Dynasty, Secret Wars, and Multiverse Saga, and Thunderbolts all leaked. Then they registered a ton of random stuff like Eternity Saga and Timeless Saga and Shang-Chi and the Wreckage of Time and stuff to throw people off the scent of the ones that were leaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I’m kinda baffled that Thunderbolts got fully confirmed and we still don’t have a YA announced. I feel like players for both those teams started getting set up at the same time, and with Billy, Tommy, Kid Loki, America, Kate, Eli, AND Cassie being introduced we definitely have more YA characters actually on the board than Thunderbolts.
    Yeah. Most of the Young Avengers have been introduced. I'm curious what exactly they are waiting for. Especially when the villain of their origin story, Kang, is here too. I'm excited for Thunderbolts as well, though I wish Atlas and Moonstone were here. It's not a Thunderbolts team without Moonstone for me, but I like many of the options they have.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I do not want Kamala or Riri anywhere near this team. Champions is already a flop brand I don't like the idea of them riding my YA squad for the much needed clout.
    I don't mind Riri and Kamala, but I will admit as a Young Avenger purist I would have preferred just members of the original two teams. The Young Avengers wasn't just a dumping ground for all young heroes, they were a core close family who stuck together and helped one another through their personal problems while trying to prove they deserved to be heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    spoilers:
    I'm not sure if this is a Spoiler or not but I heard MCU Cassie is eighteen in one of the interviews. So as of now she and Kate are legal adults. In the comics she's fifteen.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Apparently she starts out the film in jail with Scott having to bail her out, so it's reasonable to assume she's a legal adult now.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1551021588048494593

Cassie was shown in jail in the exclusive footage for Ant-Man And The Wasp: Quantumania at SDCC. Kathryn Newton assures she was up to good, though. My best guess is that she was probably trying to be a hero and ends up getting herself in trouble. Also, probably a parallel to how Scott was in jail in the first Ant-Man movie.

I guess Tommy got beaten at being the first MCU Young Avenger to have a criminal record. lol

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    I still don't think we'll get a major movie or TV show that actively calls itself 'Young' anything. If they are young, then by counterpoint the other Avengers will be 'old', and I cant see TV/Film execs liking the sound of that.
    How exactly is that a problem? If you put Kate next to Clint, you can clearly tell who's younger and who's older. Even their dynamic on Hawkeye leaned on the fact that he's the older, scarred mentor while she was the younger, hopeful hero-in-training. Just because you're not literally labelling someone as ''old'' or ''young'' in your title card, doesn't mean that exact dynamic won't be apparent in the way you tell the story. This was always inevitable. The idea of introducing a new generation of heroes cannot exist if you're not gonna show the generational gap and conflicts with the generation that came before. That was kinda the whole reason why YA even happened in the comics in the first place. If you're too afraid of using the name, then you might as well not adapt the team at all, because none of its message would make sense if you're afraid of showing your established heroes as older people.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, face it, it'll probably be Champions, justified by the presence of Kamala and Riri on the team - that name doesn't actually rely on them being young. Kamala will also be an adult by then, in the show she was a 16 year old played by a 19 year old. This was always going to be a problem in live action. The roster, however, will be mostly Young Avengers for sure, as most of the other Champions aren't in the MCU yet.
    We don't know if that presence even exists, though. We don't know anything about how a YA roster will look like in the MCU. This is an assumption based on nothing.

And let me just say, with all this talk about trademarks and Champions... Champions is actually the more risky trademark for Disney, not for creative reasons, but simply for legal/technical ones. Marvel spent years not being able to publish Champions comics because someone else has owned the trademark since the 80s. They finally came to an agreement in 2016, which led to the Champions reboot as the young team we know today, but my understanding is that it's only a shared agreement, and the other company still owns the trademark (they have a whole franchise surrounding the Champions, that includes titles like ''League Of Champions'' and ''Champions Adventures'' that is still published to this day). So the question is: would Disney be interested in turning a shared IP into a billion-dollar franchise if they have something else that can easily fill that spot while being owned by them 100%? If we look at what happened some years ago with the X-Men and Fantastic Four outside of comics due to IP dispute, it's not a good precedent. Champions is also a very common name that has been used as a brand for many different things in different medias/franchises/products/companies. Most of the Google results for it are sports related because of Champions League. As a Marvel brand, it's not that strong. In that sense, Young Avengers is a much safer brand if they're going for recognition and less competition, because very few companies would ever think of using that as a name for anything, since it's a much more unmistakable Marvel name.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I did't find it that baffling just because the announcements for phases were clearly shortened compared to what we used to get in the past. Thunderbolts is coming right at the tail end of phase 5, and phase 6 is mostly unannounced, so there is still room for YA to debut relatively close to Thunderbolts. Now if they announce phase 6 at D23 and there's still no Young Avengers, not even going as far as 2025, then that's when I'll officially get concerned.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 07-24-2022 at 10:48 PM.

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1551021588048494593

Cassie was shown in jail in the exclusive footage for Ant-Man And The Wasp: Quantumania at SDCC. Kathryn Newton assures she was up to good, though. My best guess is that she was probably trying to be a hero and ends up getting herself in trouble. Also, probably a parallel to how Scott was in jail in the first Ant-Man movie.

I guess Tommy got beaten at being the first MCU Young Avenger to have a criminal record. lol
    To be honest I'm kind of surprised she beat MCU Kate to be the first girl to get arrested (purple means jail time apparently) .

Cassie ending up in prison does not surprise me at all. Remember why Scott was in jail in Spencer's Astonishing Ant-Man book? Didn't he take the blame for Cassie's breaking and entering?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman