Page 57 of 94 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast

I'm just saying yall ina rush for something that's not even being alluded too Secret Invasion ain't that far away & I ain't heard even a whisper about Teddy casting. MCU done already fucked up the team & that's the tea they literally all over the place.

Plus they got America learning magic what's even the point of Billy or Loki now. Teddy's origin is already fucked up no matter when he makes his debut ect.
    Last edited by Journey; 08-15-2022 at 03:13 PM.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I'm just saying yall ina rush for something that's not even being alluded too Secret Invasion ain't that far away & I ain't heard even a whisper about Teddy casting. MCU done already fucked up the team & that's the tea they literally all over the place.

Plus they got America learning magic what's even the point of Billy or Loki now. Teddy's origin is already fucked up no matter when he makes his debut ect.
    So the option is to let them **** the team further instead of trying to fix them? Why would I, as a fan, wish for that? There is nothing done so far that is beyond repair. Billy and Tommy are in the exact same position they were in the comics before the Young Avengers debuted: the original twins died, Wanda went crazy because of that and disappeared. Their entire plot from Young Avengers to Avengers: The Children's Crusade is still possible in this context. The only thing they drastically changed about Teddy's backstory is that his father obviously cannot be Mar-Vell, but he can still be a Kree/Skrull and have virtually ever plot he's had ever since. And it's not even impossible to make him related to the Vell family by simply revealing MCU's Mar left kids before she died. America learning magic is the least of any issues, as future writers can simply choose to focus on her multiversal powers. There's no guarantee they're gonna turn her into some witch type of superhero. Plus, her being linked to magic also links her to Billy, which could justify the Demiurge plot being explored. Like, it is still entirely possible to make a Young Avengers that resembles the comics. They only wouldn't do it if they don't want to.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 08-16-2022 at 12:21 AM.

Teddy's easily fixed. Say that Mar-Vell had a son, Genis, and HE's Teddy's father.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    So the option is to let them **** the team further instead of trying to fix them? Why would I, as a fan, wish for that? There is nothing done so far that is beyond repair. Billy and Tommy are in the exact same position they were in the comics before the Young Avengers debuted: the original twins died, Wanda went crazy because of that and disappeared. Their entire plot from Young Avengers to Avengers: The Children's Crusade is still possible in this context. The only thing they drastically changed about Teddy's backstory is that his father obviously cannot be Mar-Vell, but he can still be a Kree/Skrull and have virtually ever plot he's had ever since. And it's not even impossible to make him related to the Vell family by simply revealing MCU's Mar left kids before she died. America learning magic is the least of any issues, as future writers can simply choose to focus on her multiversal powers. There's no guarantee they're gonna turn her into some witch type of superhero. Plus, her being linked to magic also links her to Billy, which could justify the Demiurge plot being explored. Like, it is still entirely possible to make a Young Avengers that resembles the comics. They only wouldn't do it if they don't want to.
    And since Wanda is now missing in the MCU this could lead to a adaptation of The Children's Crusade. I think the Billy and Tommy situation is fine, I'm just really anxious to see them debut as a true Wiccan and Speed. Wiccan in particular is very important to the Young Avengers team, he's their most powerful member. The only member I'm wondering about is Hulkling. But once we get some more Skrull and Kree stories they might start sprinkling in some content.

The fact I've seen whispers of Noh Var casting & not Teddy is concerning to me & it's what convinces me they have no true plan for the YA team at the moment. Maybe Secret Invasion, or The Marvels will change that but right now it's bad for our boy.

I've heard Teddy rumors for spoilers:
    Secret Invasion
    end of spoilers

I dunno how much longer they can hold off on YA though. There aren't any plans announced for them until Hailee is in her late 20s.

I don't think Noh Varr will be connected to YA and Kate but instead to Hercules.

I still think using a time skip this huge to justify older Billy and Tommy is unneeded. The time skip in 2015 Secret Wars was just like 8 months. We're talking about years here. If you're using Secret Wars to introduce Wiccan and Speed, then you don't even need a time skip; you can just say that after Battleworld, the MCU as we knew was rebooted. In this new main MCU timeline, we could have a new Billy and Tommy.

Either way, I don't wanna wait until after Secret Wars to get an MCU adaptation of Young Avengers, 'cause that would possibly mean we'd need to wait until at least 2026 for it, which I find ridiculously long, specially when some the YA actors would be aging out of the roles by then. I wanna believe Young Avengers is one of the unannounced projects for late 2024, and if the rumor about the casting of Agatha: Coven Of Chaos is correct, then older Billy could already be established in late 2023/early 2024.
    IIRC, it was eight years instead of months. Doom had two children that Susan Storm variant.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Xochitl is the most age appropriate, being an actual teenager. Though in MOM she was actually a younger America than in the comics. But the thing is that even when compared to her rather than Hailee/Kathryn, Julian and Jett still are (and look) too young.

This is fine for now though. WandaVision/MOM Billy and Tommy aren't just "younger Wiccan and Speed" (though the fact that they got their powers already kinda makes them that too) but more like older versions of Wanda's original children, who never grew past being toddlers.
    Wasn't America 15 when she debuted in the comics?
    Last edited by Gnostic; 08-16-2022 at 11:43 AM.

The fact I've seen whispers of Noh Var casting & not Teddy is concerning to me & it's what convinces me they have no true plan for the YA team at the moment. Maybe Secret Invasion, or The Marvels will change that but right now it's bad for our boy.
    We did hear whispers of a Teddy casting, though. The casting from two years ago that claimed they were looking for someone aged 16-23 to play a young male Skrull who needs S.W.OR.D. protection. All of the insiders at the time said it was for Hulkling, including ones that I consider to be trustworthy, so I don't think they were mistaken. The Illuminerdi thought that was for WandaVision, but either they got it wrong or the role ended up being scrapped/delayed for whatever reason. Anyway, my point is I think this means that Teddy was definitely on their radar at some point. You don't start a casting process like that unless you actually plan on using the character.

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    IIRC, it was eight years instead of months. Doom had two children that Susan Storm variant.
    I thought you were talking about the time skip after the end of the event. It was eight months. I don't think there was any time skip while the event was going on, though, 'cause no character from the 616 universe aged while in Battleworld. All Doom did was create a new universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Color edition! Credit to Mihai Rotari!
    https://twitter.com/cpfokken/status/...WS9tgF6CDwyejQ
    This is perfect!!

I thought you were talking about the time skip after the end of the event. It was eight months. I don't think there was any time skip while the event was going on, though, 'cause no character from the 616 universe aged while in Battleworld. All Doom did was create a new universe.
    That's because the characters on the liferafts (such as both the 616 Peter and 1610 Miles Spider-Men) were in stasis until the end of those eight years.

And yes, it was eight months in 616 between the final Incrusion and us rejoining the action in the ANAD era. It was long enough that Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, which had been about her in her first year at university, changed it's intro blurb to describe Doreen as a second year student.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Is anyone going to Flamecon this weekend?

Is anyone going to Flamecon this weekend?
    I don't live in the US so no, but I heard Anthony Oliveira's going to be there, so I'm pretty sure he'll talk about YA in some way or another. Here's hoping he can tease if he's doing something else with the characters soon.

I don't live in the US so no, but I heard Anthony Oliveira's going to be there, so I'm pretty sure he'll talk about YA in some way or another. Here's hoping he can tease if he's doing something else with the characters soon.
    Yes I'm deeply envious. He is going to have a table for chatting with fans and he's also moderating a Queer Marvel(?) panel which I would loooove to see. Alas, I do live in the states, but I am "the poor" (haha) so traveling across the country for a chance to get some face to face time with Anthony is sadly out of my budget.

But speaking of budget, guess which Queer Marvel Writer took notice of my black and white Young Avengers Paradox Lost homage on twitter, asked to buy it, and is now going to be handing out postcard prints with his autograph at Flamecon!!!!

So now I am the slightly less poor, but the very extremely dead. RIP me.

Yes I'm deeply envious. He is going to have a table for chatting with fans and he's also moderating a Queer Marvel(?) panel which I would loooove to see. Alas, I do live in the states, but I am "the poor" (haha) so traveling across the country for a chance to get some face to face time with Anthony is sadly out of my budget.

But speaking of budget, guess which Queer Marvel Writer took notice of my black and white Young Avengers Paradox Lost homage on twitter, asked to buy it, and is now going to be handing out postcard prints with his autograph at Flamecon!!!!

So now I am the slightly less poor, but the very extremely dead. RIP me.
    Omg Fokken that is amazing!!! Congratulations

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Omg Fokken that is amazing!!! Congratulations
    Thanks baby!!! Please respect my husband's privacy during this time as he mourns my unexpected, sudden and absolute obliteration by this turn of events lol