Page 66 of 94 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    This isn't exactly YA related, but given the information we now have thanks to gonnagiveittoya, for those watching She-Hulk, did y'all notice that unintentional fake out Easter egg? spoilers:
    The one from the final scene of the latest episode, in the Intelligencia lab or whatever that had a message pop up that said HulkKing? Pretty close spelling haha.
    end of spoilers

I've seen people on Twitter weirdly but sorta understandably speculate it was a Teddy tease, but given the context of that scene, its obviously not. Though I'd be livid if I didn't already know about the "Patrick" casting call for Agatha lol
    I definitely don't think that had anything to do with Teddy. I even saw some people speculate that it was an intentional typo, but I think the emoji used in the same scene kinda made it clear what they meant. And yes, context wise, it would make no sense for that to be Teddy either.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    So it's really starting to sound like Teddy isn't going to be in Secret Invasion. There was a plot leak of The Marvels (pre re-shoots mind you) and he wasn't in that either, and he's allegedly going to be introduced in the Agatha show with Billy. So.... is he even going to be a Kree/Skrull? What are the odds they retcon him into being a mutant like they did to Kamala?
    The trailer for Secret Invasion didn't give me much faith he was gonna be there at all, tbh. It seems like they're going with a spy thriller kinda vibe for the show instead of the cosmic opera that is more associated with Teddy's backstory, so I can understand if they felt like he didn't belong in the show. Maybe there will be an easter egg or mention of his family, but I'm not expecting more than that.

I don't think this says anything about his origin story, btw. Him potentially being in A:COC clearly would have more to do with Billy than anything else. It's possible they see Billy and Teddy as a package deal, so they preferred to make them debut together on-screen, which I think it's fine. And as I've said before, the two of them being cast together is a good thing, 'cause that means they get to audition as many pair of actors as possible to see who has the best chemistry with each other.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 09-22-2022 at 04:27 PM.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    The trailer for Secret Invasion didn't give me much faith he was gonna be there at all, tbh. It seems like they're going with a spy thriller kinda vibe for the show instead of the cosmic opera that is more associated with Teddy's backstory, so I can understand if they felt like he didn't belong in the show. Maybe there will be an easter egg or mention of his family, but I'm not expecting more than that.

I don't think this says anything about his origin story, btw. Him potentially being in A:COC clearly would have more to do with Billy than anything else. It's possible they see Billy and Teddy as a package deal, so they preferred to make them debut together on-screen, which I think it's fine. And as I've said before, the two of them being cast together is a good thing, 'cause that means they get to audition as many pair of actors as possible to see who has the best chemistry with each other.
    My issue is that if Teddy is going to be a Kree/Skrull than why isn't he in any of the Kree or Skrull projects? IMO he should be in Secret Invasion because it should be about the extremist Skrulls looking for him on Earth to recapture him and use him as a figurehead for morale against the Kree, instead it sounds like it's just going to be a generic "aliens are trying to take over the world story". Like at the end of the Secret Invasion trailer when Fury says he's the last thing keeping them "from what they really want" and what they really want is left as an open question, IMO the answer should be "their lost prince", but apparently it's just going to be world domination.

That being said I do think there will at least be a hint towards teddy's existence in Secret Invasion. Unless they really are retconning his origins, I'm not 100% convinced that will happen... but I'm not 100% convinced it won't happen either.
    Last edited by MasterOfMagnetism; 09-22-2022 at 04:43 PM.

My issue is that if Teddy is going to be a Kree/Skrull than why isn't he in any of the Kree or Skrull projects? IMO he should be in Secret Invasion because it should be about the extremist Skrulls looking for him on Earth to recapture him and use him as a figurehead for morale against the Kree, instead it sounds like it's just going to be a generic "aliens are trying to take over the world story". Like at the end of the Secret Invasion trailer when Fury says he's the last thing keeping them "from what they really want" and what they really want is left as an open question, IMO the answer should be "their lost prince", but apparently it's just going to be world domination.
    It's not like Secret Invasion and The Marvels is the last time we're gonna see the Kree/Skrulls. I'm sure they'll keep playing a role in the Marvel universe for many years to come, so they'll have plenty of time to address Teddy's story. Maybe they wanna save the main conflict of the character for an actual Young Avengers production instead of adapting it before. Teddy's discovery about his origins was central to the second arc of volume 1, and I would prefer to see it play out onscreen with the Young Avengers than with a bunch of characters I don't care about, tbh.

Which is why I'm also hoping they won't try to give Billy all the answers about who he is and where his powers come from in Coven Of Chaos. I prefer if he goes into Young Avengers being clueless about his origins so he can discover it slowly just like in the comics.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 09-22-2022 at 04:48 PM.

It's not like Secret Invasion and The Marvels is the last time we're gonna see the Kree/Skrulls. I'm sure they'll keep playing a role in the Marvel universe for many years to come, so they'll have plenty of time to address Teddy's story. Maybe they wanna save the main conflict of the character for an actual Young Avengers production instead of adapting it before. Teddy's discovery about his origins was central to the second arc of volume 1, and I would prefer to see it play out onscreen with the Young Avengers than with a bunch of characters I don't care about, tbh.

Which is why I'm also hoping they won't try to give Billy all the answers about who he is and where his powers come from in Coven Of Chaos. I prefer if he goes into Young Avengers being clueless about his origins so he can discover who he is slowly just like in the comics.
    I think you're making fair points. I'm mostly concerned because I keep seeing people say that they think the MCU is only going to last another 10 years maximum before Disney reboots it. People already think Secret Wars is going to at least be a "soft-reboot" of the MCU. I'm worried that right when we're finally at the point where we could get stories about gay superheroes in the MCU is when they're gonna' start over and bring all the straight white guys back.
    Last edited by MasterOfMagnetism; 09-22-2022 at 05:03 PM.

I think you're making fair points. I'm mostly concerned because I keep seeing people say that they think the MCU is only going to last another 10 years maximum before Disney reboots it. People already think Secret wars is going to at least be a "soft-reboot" of the MCU. I'm worried that right when we're finally at the point where we could get stories about gay superheroes in the MCU is when they're gonna' start over and bring all the straight white guys back.
    I think this idea that they're getting rid of diversity just to bring the same old people to the spotlight is more of a wishful thinking from the anti-SJW crowd than an actual thing Kevin Feige plans on doing. I will admit that Marvel Comics has been regressive like that, specially if you compare their current publication line to what they had some years ago. But I think that is mostly due to the nature of comics and how the industry struggles to reinvent itself as a business model. Marvel Studios has been working in a very different way, so I trust that Feige has longer lasting plans for their current characters. I don't think he would be betting at huge new franchises like Fantastic Four and X-Men if he didn't plan for the MCU to last for a long time.

Also, it's not like some of those cis-het white guys would prevent Young Avengers from being a thing. The Young Avengers were created in a time when Iron Man, Captain America, Wolverine and Spider-Man were all still at the forefront of Marvel Comics. Tony and Steve literally even played a big role in the Young Avengers books. So, even if they used Secret Wars as an excuse to bring some iconic heroes back, I think they would just co-exist with the YA.

I think this idea that they're getting rid of diversity just to bring the same old people to the spotlight is more of a wishful thinking from the anti-SJW crowd than an actual thing Kevin Feige plans on doing. I will admit that Marvel Comics has been regressive like that, specially if you compare their current publication line to what they had some years ago. But I think that is mostly due to the nature of comics and how the industry struggles to reinvent itself as a business model. Marvel Studios has been working in a very different way, so I trust that Feige has longer lasting plans for their current characters. I don't think he would be betting at huge new franchises like Fantastic Four and X-Men if he didn't plan for the MCU to last for a long time.

Also, it's not like some of those cis-het white guys would prevent Young Avengers from being a thing. The Young Avengers were created in a time when Iron Man, Captain America, Wolverine and Spider-Man were all still at the forefront of Marvel Comics. Tony and Steve literally even played a big role in the Young Avengers books. So, even if they used Secret Wars as an excuse to bring some iconic heroes back, I think they would just co-exist with the YA.
    I get what you're saying. Although I'm seeing that line of thinking from more than just the "anti-woke" type trolls. Just a couple days ago I saw one of the mods at MarvelStudiosSpoilers saying that he highly doubts that Marvel will not bring new versions of Tony and Steve back into the MCU before the 2030s.

And I know that the Young Avengers and specifically Wiccan and Hulkling can co-exist with other characters. But there's been a lot of people complaining that the MCU is doing too many movies/series and adding too many characters and are starting to resent that you need to do "homework" of watching a certain amount of movies to understand the newer ones, and that this will ultimately be the "undoing" of the MCU. I'm worried that they'll eventually decide to start over and simplify. And I don't expect gay characters to make the cut if they do.

Anyway I mostly need to vent about these concerns and I always appreciate you helping me talk through them, Drops Of Venus.
    Last edited by MasterOfMagnetism; 09-22-2022 at 05:18 PM.

Which is why I'm also hoping they won't try to give Billy all the answers about who he is and where his powers come from in Coven Of Chaos. I prefer if he goes into Young Avengers being clueless about his origins so he can discover it slowly just like in the comics.
    Yes! This! Save the Young Avenger storylines for the actual Young Avenger team if we are getting them, and I hope we are. They can easily build a entire feature film of Teddy's backstory with the Kree/Skrull. That is if they choose to go that route and I hope they do. The big stories from the comics I could see for the Young Avengers is their formation, The Kree/Skrull storyline, the Young Masters, and the Children's Crusade. If they just want to do a trilogy then the Young Masters storyline would be the one to drop. Though I would love to see a live action version of Cassie punching Big Zero lol.

I get what you're saying. Although I'm seeing that line of thinking from more than just the "anti-woke" type trolls. Just a couple days ago I saw one of the mods at MarvelStudiosSpoilers saying that he highly doubts that Marvel will not bring new versions of Tony and Steve back into the MCU before the 2030s.

And I know that the Young Avengers and specifically Wiccan and Hulkling can co-exist with other characters. But there's been a lot of people complaining that the MCU is doing too many movies/series and adding too many characters and are starting to resent that you need to do "homework" of watching a certain amount of movies to understand the newer ones, and that this will ultimately be the "undoing" of the MCU. I'm worried that they'll eventually decide to start over and simplify. And I don't expect gay characters to make the cut if they do.

Anyway I mostly need to vent about these concerns and I always appreciate you helping me talk through them, Drops Of Venus.
    I have been hearing rumblings of fans wanting a reset as well, but I don't see the logic of building up all these new heroes and characters just to go back to the square one after Secret Wars. Some just want to see Cap and Tony rebooted in a world with the X-Men. I get that, but that's not what I want. The MCU is finally bringing in teams and characters that I've really cared for and I don't want a reboot now when YA is so close I can nearly taste it. Like even the prospect of the X-Men dominating most of phase seven isn't appealing to me. They already had a Fox universe with moderate success that lasted a decade. I want new heroes to become house hold names the way Captain America, Thor, and Ant-Man have become. Imagine the Young Avengers becoming a mainstream team that appear in video games, tv cartoons, and merchandise?
    Last edited by ComicNoobie; 09-22-2022 at 06:05 PM.

I agree that the MCU should focus on their new characters and let others who have already had their time in the spotlight rest for a while, but there's always going to be people who want a return of what they already know and are comfortable with.

I also agree that I'm not really looking forward to the X-Men dominate an entire phase of the MCU in the future but I am willing to give the MCU X-Men a chance if they can differentiate themselves from other adaptations.

That being said I do think there will at least be a hint towards teddy's existence in Secret Invasion. Unless they really are retconning his origins, I'm not 100% convinced that will happen... but I'm not 100% convinced it won't happen either.
    Well, his origin needs changing anyway doesn't it? He can't have Mar-Vell as his father for two reasons - they gender bent him (making her secret identity Wendy instead of Walter Lawson) and she died in the 90s, which is 30 years ago. Since Teddy is supposed to be a teenager when he starts out as Hulkling, they need to add a generation (simplest thing would be to say Mar-Vell had a son, Genis, who in turn is Teddy's father - in the comics Genis is his half-brother).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Whenever I speculate about ANY Young Avenger involvement and the accuracy of source material translation to the MCU, I remember this: WANDA MAXIMOFF

MCU spoiler alert? lol
    Wanda & Pietro are citizens of Sokovia whose ordinary parents were killed by a Stark missile landing in their home. They became radicalized teenagers who eventually volunteered for HYDRA experimentation, after which, the siblings demonstrated super powers and eventually fought the Avengers.
    There are parallels to be drawn between the source material and the events in the MCU, however, its much more loosely inspired than it is a direct translation.

We should all temper expectations for any and all handling of the Young Avengers.
    The details of EVERY "super-youth" of the MCU are already VERY different than their comic counterparts, so any fan-insistence on our part around what the MCU will have to do with Teddy feels inconsequential lol

Not to sidetrack but I was wondering about the Wiccan & Hulkling infinity comic (the continuation of the first infinity comic) that's apparently set to release sometime this year. Was a date or any kind of release information ever announced?

Ant-Man #3 preview - featuring Scott and Cassie!
    https://aiptcomics.com/2022/09/23/ma...w-ant-man-3-2/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Ant-Man #3 preview - featuring Scott and Cassie!
    https://aiptcomics.com/2022/09/23/ma...w-ant-man-3-2/
    The MVP of the ant-family has shown herself at last. I'm glad they are keeping the Dylan Burnett Stinger suit for Cassie, as I quite like it. It's not as iconic as her Stature look, but I like it better then the first Stinger costume she had before. I guess Tony Stark and Hank Pym are no longer her adoptive uncles as she's on a "Mr." and "Dr." basis with them. Probably because Stark's been disrespecting her dad. The shellhead better watch it or she's gonna stomp him. The same goes for Eric O'Grady if she ever finds out what he tried to do in the last Ant-Man issue. As if she needed another reason to try and kill him. This issue is a must get for me!

Incredible Member

In regards to Hulkling showing up in Agatha Harkness, the first half of Young Avengers Vol 1 said that he thought he was a mutant they might just save all the Skrull stuff for further down the line so we can see him as more of a human character that we see during the first half of Vol 1.