Page 11 of 94 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    No, you did not miss anything. America being afro-latina is very much a headcanon that fandom created and decided to run with it, much like asian Kate Bishop.
    So all those people on twitter complaining and trying to harass Xochitl Gomez actually have no idea what they're talking about? Who would've guessed...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    So all those people on twitter complaining and trying to harass Xochitl Gomez actually have no idea what they're talking about? Who would've guessed...
    Welcome to Twitter, where fanon passes on as canon.(It's more common on Tumblr, but well.)

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Marvel posted this on Valentine's Day:

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1493235691957927945

Always love seeing Wickling included in stuff like this. And their bouquet is so pretty! I love how Billy's side has those little blue lights.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    I don't even have a problem with people who wanted a darker-skinned America because like, I get it. Some of those fans probably read the comics in which she looked darker, so they're probably attached to that particular image of the character. But I must say I find it very weird how people keep nitpicking the Xochitl casting so much while staying real quiet about other brown actresses that are quite lighter compared to some comics interpretations of their characters, such as Iman Vellani and Alaqua Cox. Like, where is all that energy to talk about colorism there? But that's what Stan Twitter comes down to: what's trendy to love or hate. As long as enough people are making noise about something, there will always be that Twitter bubble who will jump on the bandwagon.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Getting your worst materials reprinted over and over again, MAC must have caught that disease from Wanda lol.
    Now we just need some embarrassingly bad Dr.Strange stories reprinted as well to make an unholy trinity.
    Well it comes down to this....

You have material to get reprinted no matter how bad (see Coates Black Panther run and the spinoffs).

Or you have NOTHING and you win over folks and your company STILL does nothing with you in terms of solo stuff-

See Cyborg, Eli Bradley, Stargirl & Vixen. The majority of the X-Men.

Or you got stuff and it does NOT get reprinted.

See John Stewart and Steel. Steel had a 5 year comic book run that has NEVER sniff a trade.

But I must say I find it very weird how people keep nitpicking the Xochitl casting so much while staying real quiet about other brown actresses that are quite lighter compared to some comics interpretations of their characters, such as Iman Vellani and Alaqua Cox.
    Lets not forget how many defended the Sunspot casting.

Yet that tends to be the group crying about certain cast members of the Lord of the Rings series, the leads of Batgirl & Supergirl movies and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Lets not forget how many defended the Sunspot casting.

Yet that tends to be the group crying about certain cast members of the Lord of the Rings series, the leads of Batgirl & Supergirl movies and so on.
    I don't think we're talking about the same group of people, though. Those are usually the duebros who cry about ''forced diversity'' and bla bla bla. They would hate America too, but not for the casting; simply because they HAVE been hating on her since Gabby Rivera's book. For them, it's not about who's playing her, but the diversity she represents.

The people I'm talking about are actually the woke/progressive fans who also hated the whitewashed Sunspot casting. The difference here is that the outrage over that whitewashing was justified because Roberto da Costa was 100% created to be a dark-skinned afro-latino from the beginning, which is not really the case with America, who was ''ambiguously latina'' until literally last year, after they had already cast an actress. My point is that those same progressive fans don't seem to have any issues with the other light-skinned brown actresses that have been cast in the MCU lately. I don't see stans going out of their way to find panels of Kamala/Maya looking darker than their actresses to say Marvel Studios is racist, which is basically what they've been doing to Xochitl/America. It's just a weird double standard.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Well it comes down to this....

You have material to get reprinted no matter how bad (see Coates Black Panther run and the spinoffs).

Or you have NOTHING and you win over folks and your company STILL does nothing with you in terms of solo stuff-

See Cyborg, Eli Bradley, Stargirl & Vixen. The majority of the X-Men.
    There's no good excuse with Stargirl, they promised a series last year, so why has it not been solicited a year later?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

So Teddy's cameo wasn't much of anything in Captain Marvel.

He showed up like in the preview, disappeared until the bad guys were beaten, then took away their remains with Carol's sister.

Kind of annoyed he got left out of the 'Marvels' thing...

He was probably omitted because his presence at that point would've been a spoiler.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    He was probably omitted because his presence at that point would've been a spoiler.
    Its like they're omitting him from every point though.
    Like they're giving Noh-Varr and Ms. Marvel more connection to Teddy's family than Teddy himself gets.

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    So Teddy's cameo wasn't much of anything in Captain Marvel.

He showed up like in the preview, disappeared until the bad guys were beaten, then took away their remains with Carol's sister.

Kind of annoyed he got left out of the 'Marvels' thing...
    Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    Its like they're omitting him from every point though.
    Like they're giving Noh-Varr and Ms. Marvel more connection to Teddy's family than Teddy himself gets.
    Which is why I keep saying he needs a new name. Like, it's pretty clear the reason why he wasn't considered as a part of the ''Marvel Family'' thing it's because he hasn't been a ''Marvel'' in the 616 universe. I could make the argument that he was Captain Marvel in another universe (The Children's Crusade one-shot), which could technically make him one of the Marvels in the story (much like AU Phyla is), but I don't think Marvel cares that much about that. At this point only a rebrand would change that.

I'm low-key hoping they will drop the Hulkling thing in the MCU just like they dropped Asgardian for Billy, just so maybe this could inspire the comics to do the same.

I can see them having a Captain Marvel Corps in the movies actually. We still don't know what codename Monica Rambeau will be using in The Marvels. But the title refers to her, Carol and Kamala - so it would make sense for Monica to share Carol's codename. In which case, why not let Teddy use it as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I can see them having a Captain Marvel Corps in the movies actually. We still don't know what codename Monica Rambeau will be using in The Marvels. But the title refers to her, Carol and Kamala - so it would make sense for Monica to share Carol's codename. In which case, why not let Teddy use it as well?
    I'd be ok with Monica using Captain Marvel in the MCU too. I think it would be fair since they just completely skipped her over. But I think three people sharing the name would be too much. I prefer if Teddy went with Marvel Boy (sorry, Noh-Varr lol) or something like that, so he could still be considered a part of the ''family'' for the time being. And then years from now, when Carol and Monica retire from the MCU, they could pass the Captain Marvel title to him.

New video on the Marvel YT channel:

Seeing her post-retcon story summarized like this... they actually found a way to sort of make sense of it all. The Demiurge still got a shoutout!

I'd be ok with Monica using Captain Marvel in the MCU too. I think it would be fair since they just completely skipped her over. But I think three people sharing the name would be too much. I prefer if Teddy went with Marvel Boy (sorry, Noh-Varr lol) or something like that, so he could still be considered a part of the ''family'' for the time being. And then years from now, when Carol and Monica retire from the MCU, they could pass the Captain Marvel title to him.
    So I posted this and then just found out they're giving Genis a new mini-series calling him Captain Marvel. So I guess now we DO have three people sharing the Captain Marvel name in the current 616 universe, LOL. Part of me is glad that Teddy's family is finally getting their due, but part of me is also frustrated that he's the only one who don't get to honor his father's legacy directly like that.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 02-26-2022 at 08:20 PM.

New video on the Marvel YT channel:

Seeing her post-retcon story summarized like this... they actually found a way to sort of make sense of it all. The Demiurge still got a shoutout!

So I posted this and then just found out they're giving Genis a new mini-series calling him Captain Marvel. So I guess now we DO have three people sharing the Captain Marvel name in the current 616 universe, LOL. Part of me is glad that Teddy's family is finally getting their due, but part of me is also frustrated that he's the only one who don't get to honor his father's legacy directly like that.
    Love how they just ignored the whole storyline with her grandmother to double down on this BS guess that was all just a fever dream.

https://www.gamesradar.com/agatha-is...marvel-series/

About time they put this one to print too. May not have been a fan of this story at all but it was annoying they took so long to put it on paper when other Infinity Comics seemed to get rushed there.