Page 13 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

Putting America in a cosmic type story while also having her in a very grounded if you will Thunderbolts comic aswell seems very..... Weird at least to me like WTF are they doing with her? Like the retcon made her a street level like hero Thunderbolts makes sense if they wanna keep that route, but then you put her in a cosmic storyline which would have made more sense with her old lore Marvel pick a struggle.
    Last edited by Journey; 03-11-2022 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Putting America in a cosmic type story while also having her in a very grounded if you will Thunderbolts comic aswell seems very..... Weird at least to me like WTF are they doing with her? Like the retcon made her a street level like villain Thunderbolts makes sense if they wanna keep that route, but then you put her in a cosmic storyline which would have made more sense with her old lore Marvel pick a struggle.
    Welcome to Exposure...

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    America's on double duty. Already on the Thunderbolts, now she's going to be a Defender as well!
    When that MCU synergy kicks in.... good for her for getting that content.

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    Really happy to see Ewing write America again! But NGL, kinda wish Billy got her spot since she already had the Thunderbolts. The premise for Beyond would fit well with him, plus the reunion of Loki and Billy + this being about Ewing's cosmic lore would've been a great way to progress him past the phase he's in rn story wise. Could've been a place to inject some more Demiurge stuff in. But oh well, still gonna read!
    As much as I would've loved for Billy being involved, I don't think Ewing would be the one to add him considering he was the one who established the post-Empyre status quo for him. Ewing loves his continuity, so I don't think he would make Billy leave Teddy to go galavanting the galaxy unless he had a very good storytelling reason to do so.

With that being said, it's still possible the book might have some Demiurge stuff, with variants and Ewing's cosmic lore involved. Loki and America were the ones who knew the most about the Demiurge, so maybe that comes up.

Putting America in a cosmic type story while also having her in a very grounded if you will Thunderbolts comic aswell seems very..... Weird at least to me like WTF are they doing with her? Like the retcon made her a street level like hero Thunderbolts makes sense if they wanna keep that route, but then you put her in a cosmic storyline which would have made more sense with her old lore Marvel pick a struggle.
    I'm not sure how grounded Thunderbolts will be considering Spectrum is there too, and she was also America's cosmic buddy in Ultimates. But yeah, her street-level era from the retcon didn't last very long. I don't see how she would be in a multiversal book with her current powerset, so I'm most definitely sure she is getting her powers back in the very least. And with this being Ewing, I trust him to actually make sense of it all. I'm actually excited to see how he tackles post-retcon America, because if anyone has the continuity mastery to make a convoluted story works, it's him.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    There is more confusion because of the mcu casting because looking at some of the reaction videos some follks are saying who is that asian looking female there plus she is lighter skin then american chavez in comics and cartoons.

In comics and cartoons america chavez is brown race(intermediate)type latino.
    In the mcu she still latino but her race was change.
    She is asiatic race type latino.

Here are some other examples of race changes within the latino group in live action film.
    The race was change for Pedro Peña in the shazam film.
    He is a brown latino in comics and cartoons but a white latino in live action dceu.
    Renee montoya is a black latino in the birds of prey dceu film but a brown latino in comics,cartoons and live action dc shows like gotham and batwoman.

Here is example of another race change that is not latino in another recent marvel film not mcu.
    Moonstar is a brown native american in the mutants film but a asiatic native american in comics.
    Correction on the moonstar comment.
    I did more research looking more at her art and it seems she drawn to be brown racially more often then asiatic.
    Even her marvel legends action figure is a brown race native american.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Produ...Details/108173

Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The Young Avengers are getting a reunion story on Marvel's Voices: Pride #1:

Nebula, World Fantasy, and Locus-award winner Alyssa Wong reunites the Young Avengers fan-favorite artist Stephen Byrne in a story guaranteed to please fans new and old! Byrne will also depict the team in a vibrant variant cover that you can check out now!
    And here's the cover:

Not quite what I wanted as far as YA reunions go, but I'll take what I can get. I wonder if we're getting yet another member being outed... lol
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 03-17-2022 at 02:57 AM.

The second team, minus Kate (who was the ONLY heterosexual member of that roster - in last year's Pride issue, Prodigy described them as a mostly queer team, which was unintentionally so).

Sounds like someone's getting outed, but not a Young Avenger.

Champions scribe Danny Lore revisits the legacy of two characters long left in the closet in a tale of love and redemption!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Billy and Teddy got a small cameo in today's Fantastic Four issue.

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    spoilers:
    Tommy and Billy also appear in new Multiverse of Madness stills released.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    spoilers:
    Tommy and Billy also appear in new Multiverse of Madness stills released.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I'm ready for an age up...
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    I'm ready for an age up...
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Same here. Those two need to be aged up to teenagers already.
    end of spoilers

Seeing all the promotion for MoM, I'm trying really hard but it's difficult for me to take America in the movie seriously because she looks so young compared to the comics.

Casting America & the Twins younger was the smartest decision for the movies that gives Longevity y'all so ready for an age up when Teddy ain't even here yet what is the rush?

I don't think we need to talk about the Multiverse Of Madness thing under spoilers, because they literally revealed it on their new teaser for everyone to see.

I'm glad they stopped pretending those kids weren't in the movie, 'cause at this point it was pretty clear they were. I hope they keep this energy next time we see Billy and Tommy again, because I am tired of how they barely get any promotional material due to Marvel Studios wanting to be so secretive about everything.

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    The fact that spoilers:
    Teddy named the Kree/Skrull Capital after his parents made me a little emotional.
    end of spoilers

Too bad we're only getting crumbs lately, because this is the kind of detail that deserved to get its own story behind it instead of being dropped on us like an easter-egg.

Casting America & the Twins younger was the smartest decision for the movies that gives Longevity y'all so ready for an age up when Teddy ain't even here yet what is the rush?
    Teddy might not be too far behind, though. And if they cast him within the foreseeable future, and they cast him older, they kind of have no choice but to age up the twins.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 04-06-2022 at 04:24 PM.

If they do recast they should recast some 14-15 year olds the Young Avengers should be YOUNG IDK why the world is so eager to bring some 20 somethings up in this b*tch just to play teenagers I think it was a horrible mistake casting Kathryn & Hailee at they big ages but at least Kate is canonically 22 to make it make sense.