Page 3 of 94 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Would the YA be the closest equivalent to Young Justice in Marvel?
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    More or less what with all the legacy members.

Champions I guess are a little more Titans-y.
    I would have thought it the other way around...Young Avengers the Teen Titans equivalent and the Champions the Young Justice one.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I would have thought it the other way around...Young Avengers the Teen Titans equivalent and the Champions the Young Justice one.
    Wouldn't it be New Warriors - Titans, and Young Avengers to Young Justice, no idea about Champions.

It is kinda wobbly since none of the YA were actual proteges of the Avengers.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    It is kinda wobbly since none of the YA were actual proteges of the Avengers.
    Well, Kate eventually more or less became Clint's protege (not that she'd call herself that), Eli grew to respect Cap, Cassie probably learned a thing or two from her dad, Tommy and Billy are Wanda and Vision's kids, etc.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I don't know much about DC, but from what I can tell based on my basic knowledge, the Young Avengers do feel like counterparts to Young Justice because they are the ''in-between'' generation, as in, they are not as classic as some of the older young groups (New Mutants/OG Titans), but they're not as modern as the most recent ones (Champions/modern Teen Titans). So they end up falling in the middle of the generational spectrum and sometimes writers don't really know where they fit because of that. And of course, the legacy aspect of being the young version of each publisher's flagship teams obviously makes them seem more similar compared to some other young groups.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 01-03-2022 at 12:14 AM.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

I'd say the Young Avengers are closer to the original Teen Titans - the 60s characters who grew up and moved away from the name/franchise and became their own thing after being sidekicks/proteges.

Champions are more linked to the Teen Titans that came after, like Beat Boy and Raven, or to Young Justice era characters, who are stuck forever and aren't allowed to grow up properly aside from the odd one or two, who then seem to end up going backwards/get de-aged.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

More merch has confirmed that Chavez' pride pin is in the movie as well as the Lego set, it's on her jacket

Good maybe now people will get over the stupid paranoia about them changing sexualities of YA members.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Her jacket also has "love is love" printed on it in spanish

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    I'd say the Young Avengers are closer to the original Teen Titans - the 60s characters who grew up and moved away from the name/franchise and became their own thing after being sidekicks/proteges.

Champions are more linked to the Teen Titans that came after, like Beat Boy and Raven, or to Young Justice era characters, who are stuck forever and aren't allowed to grow up properly aside from the odd one or two, who then seem to end up going backwards/get de-aged.
    I don't agree with the notion that the YA characters ''were allowed to grow while the Champions weren't'' simply because the YA have been around for longer, so they had more opportunity to grow. The oldest Champions character is Amadeus, and he is around the same age as the Young Avengers because he was created around the same time as they were. So it's not really a matter of Champions characters going backward or getting de-aged; they simply haven't had enough publication time to grow as much as the YA did. If some years from now they're still in the same place, I would agree. But right now, I think they need more time.

Also... I think it's entirely possible that the YA are the ones who are going to be frozen in time now, simply because you can't have characters like Kate being too close to Clint's age, or Billy and Tommy being too close to Wanda's age. The YA will probably never even be allowed to get too close to Peter Parker's age, because he was significantly older than all of them in the beginning of their careers. So it's gonna be a challenge to see how much they'll age now that they're in their 20s.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 01-05-2022 at 12:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    More or less what with all the legacy members.

Champions I guess are a little more Titans-y.
    Really? You do realise that the original Teen Titans were all sidekicks? Or at least that was the plan (someone goofed, Wonder Girl wasn't Wonder Woman's sidekick, she was her younger self like Superboy - Donna Troy was therefore created accidentally in the first Teen Titans story). Robin (now Nightwing) was Batman's, Speedy (now Arsenal) was Green Arrow's, Aqualad (now Tempest) was Aquaman's, and Kid Flash (now the third Flash) was the sidekick of the second Flash.

Both Champions and Young Avengers are actually heroes inspired by other heroes, but mostly not sidekicks (the only ones who are sidekicks in either team are Falcon II and Patriot III, Sam Wilson's sidekicks who both later became Champions, and Cassie Lang, who as Stinger has been operating as her father Ant-Man's sidekick).

Generationally, New Warriors matches New Teen Titans, Young Avengers is closest to Young Justice, and Champions is equivalent to Damian Wayne's Teen Titans and the Academy that replaced it. Damian's TT launched at the same time Champions did.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 01-05-2022 at 08:54 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I liked the original YA line-up best. How they interacted with other, the group dynamic, it was a good read.

The YA/Runaways crossover was very good, they should have done more of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Good maybe now people will get over the stupid paranoia about them changing sexualities of YA members.
    There's more worry about that jacket and pin being all we'll get. They don't have to change sexualities to screw things up.

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    There's more worry about that jacket and pin being all we'll get. They don't have to change sexualities to screw things up.
    She's a supporting character in a Doctor Strange/Multiverse movie... I don't see much room for them to give her a love interest or something. It's probably something to just establish for the future.

I think she'll mention her moms but she probably won't mention having a girlfriend of looking for one. At least that's my assumption.