Page 38 of 94 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

A lot of people are gonna have to prepare for how inevitably it's not gonna be called Young Avengers and that Kamala is likely going to be part of it

My guess is a Disney+ show called Children's Crusade

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    They existed I don't think they really died IMO. If they didn't exist they wouldn't be coming back. Their every bit as real as the comic versions IMO his own existence has given Billy a crisis before also if they didn't exist in 616 why the statue of Billy in Wundagore?
    There IS potential for more multiversal drama.

We've seen OTHER Wanda & kids confronted and traumatized by OUR Wanda (gawd that whole thing was just insane).
    Perhaps with OUR Wanda "defeated" (gone? dead? depowered? who knows) there is some kind of cross-multiverse-consequence to OTHER Wanda (Momda?) that necessitates the twins intervention.
    Perhaps they are forced to find and seek aid from Agatha as she is the most relevant "witch" connected to OUR Wanda.

This would make for a spin on the Children's Crusade arc we readers are familiar with, similarly to how WandaVision was a spin on House of M?

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    If this casting call is accurate and true, I wonder if they'll be having the actor play BOTH twins.
    I recognize the previous actors don't look alike but these kids ARE magical and dark humor is much more Tommy's vibe but who knows. I really just wanted to join in on the speculation hahaha.
    I'm officially eager for Agatha's show.
    I was all for them casting one actor for both back in WandaVision, but now that they've already established the original twins as fraternal, I feel like it would be weird to bring a version of them back being identical.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Makes me wonder what they'll do with Tommy and where Teddy will make his debut.
    If they're doing the reincarnation plot (and I hope they are), then Tommy not appearing right away makes sense. They could say he was in juvie this whole time and they end up meeting later on.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Makes me wonder what they'll do with Tommy and where Teddy will make his debut.
    There's been a rumour for a while now that Teddy will be introduced in Secret Invasion. There's been no plot leaks from Secret Invasion at all yet and it (true to it's title) remains the most secretive project so far, we still don't even know who Emilia Clarke is playing. So we have to wait and see, but I have more faith now that he will be in Secret Invasion.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    A lot of people are gonna have to prepare for how inevitably it's not gonna be called Young Avengers and that Kamala is likely going to be part of it

My guess is a Disney+ show called Children's Crusade
    I ain't preparing for nothing she got her own show I don't wanna see her ass outside of a cameo & that's no shade just tea.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    There's been a rumour for a while now that Teddy will be introduced in Secret Invasion. There's been no plot leaks from Secret Invasion at all yet and it (true to it's title) remains the most secretive project so far, we still don't even know who Emilia Clarke is playing. So we have to wait and see, but I have more faith now that he will be in Secret Invasion.
    Has there been any actual rumor or it's just a fan theory, though? 'Cause I don't recall any solid information about Teddy appearing in anything to the extent of that scrapped casting call we got in early 2020 that was allegedly for WandaVision. Like you said, we haven't even heard much about Secret Invasion as a whole. I want to believe he's there (or in The Marvels), but so far I feel like it's more wishful thinking than anything else.

That makes sense, although I think most people assume she's playing Veranke at this point.

Which makes you wonder if she's also Spider-Woman, since that's who Veranke disguised herself as in the comic book.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Which makes you wonder if she's also Spider-Woman, since that's who Veranke disguised herself as in the comic book.
    I think Sony's doing something with Spider-Woman.

They're doing a Madame Web movie, which would be Julia Carpenter. Veranke, of course, impersonated Jessica Drew. So, different Spider-Woman, and the one Sony's using won't be using the name.

I think Sony has plans for Silk as well, but not Jessica.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I am seeing reports that Billy Kaplan will be introduced in Agatha: House of Harkness.

Isn't that what this is about?

https://thedisinsider.com/2022/06/23...young-avenger/
    Recently, industry insider Daniel Richtman got his hands on a production grid for the series. Officially, the grid states that the production will take place from January – May 2023. Not only does the grid confirm when casting finally begins, but it teases a mysterious “new-ish” character. The show is look to fill the role of TYLER. He will be one the show’s leads. Although actors between the ages of 17-20 are encouraged to apply, the character is described as a White, American teen with a “formidable and dark sense of humor, incredibly witty, astute, and of the moment.” The character will also be a “fan-boy at times”, presumably of some potential other hero characters who may appear in the series. Most importantly, the character will be portrayed as he/him and gay.

Words cannot express how relieved I am.

You know, something just hit me: if Agatha: House Of Harkness is the formal introduction we get to Billy Kaplan (or an older Billy Maximoff), then that means Marvel is still on the ''introducing the Young Avengers individually in separate projects'' phase, which means that they might not be ready to announce YA as a team yet, and I was really, really hoping they would. Unless we get lucky and they decide to announce Billy's casting for A:HOH alongside the confirmation that he'll also be in Young Avengers. They do have two big presentations coming up (D23 and the newly announced SDCC), so I guess there is enough room for both to be announced. After all, that's what they did to Ms. Marvel, announcing her show and then immediately confirming she would also be in a movie. But I also don't wanna get my hopes up 'cause I've been let down way too many times before waiting for a YA announcement.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They're doing a Madame Web movie, which would be Julia Carpenter. Veranke, of course, impersonated Jessica Drew. So, different Spider-Woman, and the one Sony's using won't be using the name.

I think Sony has plans for Silk as well, but not Jessica.
    There were reports that Olivia Wilde was directing a movie that's a collaboration between Marvel Studios and Sony, it's likely Jessica Drew because they both have certain aspects of the character rights.

I haven't seen a lot of people talking about the short YA story on Marvel's Voices: Pride. Probably because it wasn't as exciting as we were led to believe it was going to be, but I guess it was a fun little thing to distract us while we wait for the actual YA book coming this week. Anyway, here's some thoughts:

I've always wondered what exactly was Loki's status within the team, but I guess we just got confirmation that they do consider him to be a member, which is cool.

Even though they didn't bring it up, I liked that this story technically served as a follow up to the ''My Drag Brunch With Loki'' story in which Billy and Teddy witnessed Loki's ''death'' back in War Of The Realms, but never got to see him coming back later on.

I was surprised to see America's issues with her powers actually being acknowledged, although there are some small changes being made, like her being able to open her portals again, even though she's lacking a certain level of control. I guess they're slowly getting her back to her previous power level.

I noticed that Alyssa Wong, who wrote the story, and Anthony Oliveira had a certain interaction with each other on social media, so I can't help but wonder if her story might've been a prelude to his. The timing of one story being published just one week before the other was certainly convenient.