Page 4 of 94 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    There's more worry about that jacket and pin being all we'll get. They don't have to change sexualities to screw things up.
    I mean it's a Doctor Strange movie. Hell **** based on the last one we don't even know if he's getting a love interest in this next movie.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I mean it's a Doctor Strange movie. Hell **** based on the last one we don't even know if he's getting a love interest in this next movie.
    Is Clea in it? Isn't she? Inquiring minds want to know .

Then again after how they treated Sharon Carter you can't really know what to expect...

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    She's a supporting character in a Doctor Strange/Multiverse movie... I don't see much room for them to give her a love interest or something. It's probably something to just establish for the future.
    As much as I want lesbian America in the MCU, I have to agree that DSITMOM is probably not the movie to give it the attention it deserves. I think the biggest queer rep we might get from this movie has more potential to come from her backstory, if she talks about how important her mothers are to her. I hope we get a flashback sequence where we get to see them.

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    There's more worry about that jacket and pin being all we'll get. They don't have to change sexualities to screw things up.
    Considering she's a side character in an already packed movie a jacket & pin is all you need.

Cop out about "She's just a side character!!!" aside...

What I've seen people bring up as the biggest worry is that the jacket and pin is all we'll ever get. That she'll always be 'a side character' and Disney/Marvel Studios will just go "look we gave you that pin! Its totally representation!" no matter where or when she shows up.

It's not like America Chavez has any worthwhile epic romances that Marvel just has to do, shes's not Billy or Teddy, patience is a virtue she'll be fine. And Marvel has been casually dropping queer elements since Endgame this paranoia makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I don't agree with the notion that the YA characters ''were allowed to grow while the Champions weren't'' simply because the YA have been around for longer, so they had more opportunity to grow. The oldest Champions character is Amadeus, and he is around the same age as the Young Avengers because he was created around the same time as they were. So it's not really a matter of Champions characters going backward or getting de-aged; they simply haven't had enough publication time to grow as much as the YA did. If some years from now they're still in the same place, I would agree. But right now, I think they need more time.

Also... I think it's entirely possible that the YA are the ones who are going to be frozen in time now, simply because you can't have characters like Kate being too close to Clint's age, or Billy and Tommy being too close to Wanda's age. The YA will probably never even be allowed to get too close to Peter Parker's age, because he was significantly older than all of them in the beginning of their careers. So it's gonna be a challenge to see how much they'll age now that they're in their 20s.
    They're old enough now to be fine, though -- once you hit 20s ish in comics you can run with the adult characters fine, like the og Titans chars do.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is Clea in it? Isn't she? Inquiring minds want to know .

Then again after how they treated Sharon Carter you can't really know what to expect...
    If she's in it Marvel's making an effort to hide it.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    If she's in it Marvel's making an effort to hide it.
    I swear there was some leaked concept art of her, but it wasn't very clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I swear there was some leaked concept art of her, but it wasn't very clear.
    Here:

All the other ones on it have turned out to be real. Wanda's the exception but I guess this was a proposed design before the final WandaVision one.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    They're old enough now to be fine, though -- once you hit 20s ish in comics you can run with the adult characters fine, like the og Titans chars do.
    Not saying they're going to be not-fine, just saying that they might find themselves in a specific status quo from now on because Marvel will always want to keep at least one generational gap between them and the more classic Avengers. I'm pretty sure YA is considered Gen Z these days for that reason; the Champions book literally referred to the Avengers as millennials, so that's officially too old to be the YA's generation, even though they were millennials back when they were created. Comics time is weird.

I know this is kinda old news, but how are we feelin’ about MCU Yelena basically taking America’s spot as Kate’s bff?

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    I know this is kinda old news, but how are we feelin’ about MCU Yelena basically taking America’s spot as Kate’s bff?
    I find it better developed than the entire Amerikate friendship in Vol 2 which was nonexistent & then shoved down our throats after the fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Here:

All the other ones on it have turned out to be real. Wanda's the exception but I guess this was a proposed design before the final WandaVision one.
    I guess hip holes were dropped pretty early on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    I mean, she hasn't met the MCU version of Cassie or America yet...but given how MCU America looks and how old Kate is in the MCU, I can't see them having their comic dynamic.

America Chavez was going to be in No Way Home, till covid changed Doctor Stranges schedule to being released after it instead.