Page 52 of 94 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    Weren't those things essentially...golem bodies made of evil fungus? So popping the head off it wasn't so much killing it as sending it back to where it came from until it could make a new body.
    Honestly, I had totally forgotten Strikeforce was a thing until now, but yeah, that's my recollection as well. I'm not sure what Billy did to the Vridai (had to go on Marvel Wikia to remember their names lol) actually killed any of them due to their nature.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    So I have a question about the Paradox issues spoilers:
    Are the Young Avengers going to all meet up again to fight a threat at the end? Surely a teamup is coming right?
    end of spoilers
    We don't know. The book was just marketed as having a spotlight issue to each member, so it's not confirmed if we're getting a team up. I feel torn because I want one, but I also don't want Cassie's issue to get derailed since everyone else got to have their own story. I really wish this book was longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Honestly, I had totally forgotten Strikeforce was a thing until now, but yeah, that's my recollection as well. I'm not sure what Billy did to the Vridai (had to go on Marvel Wikia to remember their names lol) actually killed any of them due to their nature.
    Its for the best to forget Strikeforce. It was all around bad.

And after going back and looking at the books, that's how it is. The shapeshifting fungus elves didn't die and even came back at the end when the bad guy was beat.

spoilers:
    Arrrgh! I cannot wait to read these Paradox YA stories for myself. It sounds like Tommy/Speed had quite the emotional issue and I'm 100% for it. I've always wanted more from Tommy in the Young Avengers and it sounds like the latest issue is exactly that. And are you guys serious? Patri-not returns? That's a name I haven't heard in years, I totally forget what he even was lol. If this story does continue the story from Wiccan and Speed's YA presents story then I am going to enjoy this! You know I don't see too much from Tommy and Wanda. Billy and Wanda, sure but at times I forget Tommy is one half of Wanda's reincarnated kids. I do associate him with Uncle Pietro though lol.
    end of spoilers
    I´ve always said and continue to say that Tommy should have a closer relationship to Magneto. It would be a good way for him to get away from Billy´s shadow and it fits considering that Thinkfast is a thing now.

The whole idea behind Tommy being the sociopath of the team hasn't aged well, but to be fair, it was only ever something that was a thing on early Young Avengers, and that's because of how Heinberg himself established the character. His whole origin story was him being a domestic terrorist, then immediately trying to kill a guard after the Young Avengers break him out of juvie, and then happily blowing up Skrulls when Wolverine told him he could. Oh, and Heinberg finishes Vol. 1 with a joke about how Tommy blew up another building. So yeah, that's pretty much how his characterization was in the early days. He obviously evolved from that over time.
    I don´t think it has to be one or the other. Tommy can be both the dude who has a secret heart of gold but who is also willing to get his hands dirty. That´s what Wolverine is all about after all.

Tommy connecting with Magneto would be very welcome. Assuming he's still his grandfather. I know they retconned Wanda and Pietro not to be Magneto's actual kids awhile back because of the Disney/Fox Wars, hopefully they'll change it back, as I really loved the connection.

Also at the risk of sounding stupid, what is Thinkfast? Is it a new ability Tommy has, perhaps a new codename?

Tommy connecting with Magneto would be very welcome. Assuming he's still his grandfather. I know they retconned Wanda and Pietro not to be Magneto's actual kids awhile back because of the Disney/Fox Wars, hopefully they'll change it back, as I really loved the connection.
    Wanda and Pietro are still not biologically related to Erik, but he still considers them his children, in a way. The recent Trial Of Magneto mini-series tried to reestablish that family connection, but only time will tell how it will be handled and if they truly will feel like a family in the future. I mean, it was already messy as it was when they had blood ties. It's not clear how Erik feels about Billy and Tommy currently, because they haven't had a real interaction since The Children's Crusade. And since this latest issue of Paradox Lost established that Tommy feels disconnected from Wanda and Vision, I'd say it's very likely he feels the same about Erik, since they have even less of a relationship. I wouldn't mind them interacting again, but writers have a lot of work to do if they're gonna resemble a family, because right now they don't seem like anything to each other.

Also at the risk of sounding stupid, what is Thinkfast? Is it a new ability Tommy has, perhaps a new codename?
    Thinkfast is the ship name of Tommy/David. It's a little joke about David's smarts and Tommy's speed.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 07-30-2022 at 05:59 AM.

Wanda and Pietro are still not biologically related to Erik, but he still considers them his children, in a way. The recent Trial Of Magneto mini-series tried to reestablish that family connection, but only time will tell how it will be handled and if they truly will feel like a family in the future. I mean, it was already messy as it was when they had blood ties. It's not clear how Erik feels about Billy and Tommy currently, because they haven't had a real interaction since The Children's Crusade. And since this latest issue of Paradox Lost established that Tommy feels disconnected from Wanda and Vision, I'd say it's very likely he feels the same about Erik, since they have even less of a relationship. I wouldn't mind them interacting again, but writers have a lot of work to do if they're gonna resemble a family, because right now they don't seem like anything to each other.

Thinkfast is the ship name of Tommy/David. It's a little joke about David's smarts and Tommy's speed.
    Oh, that's what Thinkfast is! Makes sense, clever name too lol.

So, Paradox Lost ended today. It did wrap up the plot from Part 1, but it did not give us a team up with all the Young Avengers. Despite that, it was such a good and needed issue for Cassie, Nate and Kristoff! I'm so glad we got Jethro Morales back for the final issue and got to see a bit of what his art would've looked like in the two previous issues.

spoilers:
    I love that we got to see more of Kristoff's past and his struggles being the son of Doctor Doom. That little flashback in the Baxter Building was an AMAZING throwback moment for both him and Cassie. I've always wanted more people to remember the fact they used to be childhood friends, so I'm glad Anthony brought this back.

But most of all, I'm glad that now it's canon that both Kristoff and Cassie are still in touch with each other. And even going on dates??? I love that her date from Part 3 turned out to be him. I had a feeling it was gonna be the case, and I'm so glad I was right! I'm guessing they got together at some point between her resurrection and now. Speaking of which, I'm surprised that didn't come up AT ALL. I would've loved to know about how Kristoff felt about what Doom did to her, but that's a story for another day.

And of course, Nate crashing their date at the worst possible time. Classic love triangle. Which didn't actually last very long, since Anthony had the balls to actually kill this version of Nate. Which only reinforces my belief that this is probably a variant and not the exact same Nate from Young Avengers. Maybe it's a Nate that had similar life experiences and even met the Young Avengers, but considering how much Anthony cares about YA lore, I'm sure he understands what the implications of killing the OG Iron Lad before he becomes Kang would be (Billy and Teddy being erased from the timeline, Jessica Jones losing her baby, the Avengers never existing, etc). The other Kristoff also talked about bringing Cassie back, so it seems I was right in my theory about how he comes from a timeline in which Cassie never came back to life, and that made him go evil. I guess that means we're still due to the original Iron Lad coming back to meet the Young Avengers again. If anything, this issue was the perfect tease to that. I really hope if we get a Vol. 3, that would be the first plot point. And I hope future writers don't ignore this Kristoff/Cassie thing going on. I actually like them as a couple!

It was nice seeing Cassie going Giant Girl mode again, with her clothes being torn apart and all! God, I missed that.

If I had one complaint, it would be: WHAT ABOUT JONAS?? He was mentioned again, and 616 Kristoff even KNEW HOW TO USE HIM as the AI on Iron Lad's armor, but like, how??? Where is 616 Jonas, after all? Did he turn into an AI too? Is Cassie aware of that? I really wish this was answered. AND HOW THE FUCK DID THE JONAS AI CONTAINED A WHITE PHOENIX OF THE CROWN TYPE OF POWER IN IT CAPABLE OF BREAKING THE M'KRAAN CRYSTAL TO BITS?????????? I get that that was probably just Anthony being the X-Men geek that he is, but that was a WILD thing to just casually drop on the readers without elaboration. LOL
    end of spoilers

Anyway, we NEED an ongoing Young Avengers book after this written by Anthony. I don't care about anything else. Marvel just needs to make it happen.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 08-03-2022 at 05:19 AM.

So, Paradox Lost ended today. It did wrap up the plot from Part 1, but it did not give us a team up with all the Young Avengers. Despite that, it was such a good and needed issue for Cassie, Nate and Kristoff! I'm so glad we got Jethro Morales back for the final issue and got to see a bit of what his art would've looked like in the two previous issues.

spoilers:
    I love that we got to see more of Kristoff's past and his struggles being the son of Doctor Doom. That little flashback in the Baxter Building was an AMAZING throwback moment for both him and Cassie. I've always wanted more people to remember the fact they used to be childhood friends, so I'm glad Anthony brought this back.

But most of all, I'm glad that now it's canon that both Kristoff and Cassie are still in touch with each other. And even going on dates??? I love that her date from Part 3 turned out to be him. I had a feeling it was gonna be the case, and I'm so glad I was right! I'm guessing they got together at some point between her resurrection and now. Speaking of which, I'm surprised that didn't come up AT ALL. I would've loved to know about how Kristoff felt about what Doom did to her, but that's a story for another day.

And of course, Nate crashing their date at the worst possible time. Classic love triangle. Which didn't actually last very long, since Anthony had the balls to actually kill this version of Nate. Which only reinforces my belief that this is probably a variant and not the exact same Nate from Young Avengers. Maybe it's a Nate that had similar life experiences and even met the Young Avengers, but considering how much Anthony cares about YA lore, I'm sure he understands what the implications of killing the OG Iron Lad before he becomes Kang would be (Billy and Teddy being erased from the timeline, Jessica Jones losing her baby, the Avengers never existing, etc). The other Kristoff also talked about bringing Cassie back, so it seems I was right in my theory about how he comes from a timeline in which Cassie never came back to life, and that made him go evil. I guess that means we're still due to the original Iron Lad coming back to meet the Young Avengers again. If anything, this issue was the perfect tease to that. I really hope if we get a Vol. 3, that would be the first plot point. And I hope future writers don't ignore this Kristoff/Cassie thing going on. I actually like them as a couple!

It was nice seeing Cassie going Giant Girl mode again, with her clothes being torn apart and all! God, I missed that.

If I had one complaint, it would be: WHAT ABOUT JONAS?? He was mentioned again, and 616 Kristoff even KNEW HOW TO USE HIM as the AI on Iron Lad's armor, but like, how??? Where is 616 Jonas, after all? Did he turn into an AI too? Is Cassie aware of that? I really wish this was answered. AND HOW THE FUCK DID THE JONAS AI CONTAINED A WHITE PHOENIX OF THE CROWN TYPE OF POWER IN IT CAPABLE OF BREAKING THE M'KRAAN CRYSTAL TO BITS?????????? I get that that was probably just Anthony being the X-Men geek that he is, but that was a WILD thing to just casually drop on the readers without elaboration. LOL
    end of spoilers

Anyway, we NEED an ongoing Young Avengers book after this written by Anthony. I don't care about anything else. Marvel just needs to make it happen.
    spoilers:
    Whaaaaat?! Cassie goes giant girl mode? Yes! Yes! A thousand times yes! I can't wait to read this. MCU take note, giant Cassie is best Cassie! Did she suit up as Stature in the issue?
    end of spoilers And I hope this leads to a volume 3 of Young Avengers. I crave it so badly!

You know Cassie still has her Stature powers even as Stinger, right? In Unstoppable Wasp when she met Nadia, she was in civilian clothing and didn't have her helmet or wings (which she needs for the additional insect control and flight abilities) - so when the Young Avengers and Champions team up for a battle later, she just relied on her old Stature abilities (using the Stinger undersuit and a domino mask). Of course that issue probably did that because with the additional equipment, her powers are identical to Nadia's.

spoilers:
    Ripped clothing? Surely a size changer should be wearing clothes made of unstable molecules? Or she could shrink out of them like Janet often does, and THEN grow giant, that way the clothes would stay intact and can be retrieved later.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Digifiend; 08-03-2022 at 05:56 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

It's just she doesn't go big much as Stinger. She's usually small and flying like Wasp. She goes big from time to time like in War of the Realms and the 2020 Ant-Man mini series but not as often as she use to. Also I didn't know about the Unstoppable Wasp appearance or the YA/Champions team up. Gotta read that.

spoilers:
    Whaaaaat?! Cassie goes giant girl mode? Yes! Yes! A thousand times yes! I can't wait to read this. MCU take note, giant Cassie is best Cassie! Did she suit up as Stature in the issue?
    end of spoilers And I hope this leads to a volume 3 of Young Avengers. I crave it so badly!
    spoilers:
    She doesn't suit up at all during this issue. We see her with kid clothes in flashbacks, and a dress in present time.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    spoilers:
    Ripped clothing? Surely a size changer should be wearing clothes made of unstable molecules? Or she could shrink out of them like Janet often does, and THEN grow giant, that way the clothes would stay intact and can be retrieved later.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I think the ripped clothes were just a reference to the first time she used her powers in Young Avengers. This issue had a lot of visual references; when Nate gets stabbed, it looks exactly like the panel of Iron Lad stabbing Kang from vol. 1. The moment with a dying Nate on Cassie's arms also looks a lot like her dying on Iron Lad's arms in Children's Crusade. It was such a great love letter to iconic YA moments!
    end of spoilers

I got a check this out on Unlimited...

You know, I was thinking.... and the idea of Kristoff maybe joining the Young Avengers as the new Iron Lad sounds kinda plausible after this mini? IDK if that was Anthony's intention, but Kristoff ended in a VERY similar position as the one Nate was at the beginning of Young Avengers.

spoilers:
    He got a visit from his future evil self, but refused to follow in his footsteps, vowing to become a better person instead. He even used a part of Iron Lad's armor to fight his AU version, and he seemed pretty comfortable doing so.
    end of spoilers

As someone who's been saying the team should get a new Iron Person, I would definitely support this. I think it would be a cool way to follow up this story, and it would be very interesting to have a Young Avenger who's a legacy for Doctor Doom of all people. Lots of potential for conflict and drama!

Well, Victor Von Doom was Iron Man once. So why not his son as Iron Lad?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman