Page 64 of 94 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I just thought of something... now that we know Isaiah is coming back to the MCU, why exactly was Eli banned from appearing in the most recent Young Avengers book? We all assumed the ''Bradley family legal issues'' was haunting us again, but clearly, there is not an issue for Marvel Studios. So what the hell is up with Marvel Comics?
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It seems like they're setting up Joaquin as the new Falcon so I wonder if they're going to do anything with Eli.
    The Eli Bradley situations continues to confuse me. Is he off limits or not? He wasn't in the recent Young Avenger books, but I remember seeing him briefly in Empyre and during a mini reunion with the Young Avengers where the team is welcoming Eli back, then he disappears again. Not sure what is going on with the rights to the character but it seems pretty inconsistent.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It seems like they're setting up Joaquin as the new Falcon so I wonder if they're going to do anything with Eli.
    That doesn't really answer why he wasn't in the comic. Even if they don't have any plans for Eli in the MCU, they clearly have the choice to use the Bradleys in live-action if they want to. I just wanted to understand why Anthony Oliveira wasn't given the choice to use him in the webcomic when HE WANTED TO and literally every other Young Avenger was available. It's just weird.

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/s...72816920432642

Just saw this description for the Quantumania trailer that I hadn't seen before anywhere else, and it hints at what role Cassie will have in the main conflict of the movie. On one hand, it sounds an awful lot like they could be giving her a damsel in distress type of role, which I really hope is subverted at some point with her being able to save herself. On the other hand, the idea of Kang kidnapping Cassie or keeping her trapped is very interesting, because it means they will probably have very direct interactions with each other. This is honestly the perfect opportunity to tease Young Avengers. Kang acting like he knows Cassie already and her being confused about it would be a great easter egg.

Just saw this description for the Quantumania trailer that I hadn't seen before anywhere else, and it hints at what role Cassie will have in the main conflict of the movie. On one hand, it sounds an awful lot like they could be giving her a damsel in distress type of role, which I really hope is subverted at some point with her being able to save herself. On the other hand, the idea of Kang kidnapping Cassie or keeping her trapped is very interesting, because it means they will probably have very direct interactions with each other. This is honestly the perfect opportunity to tease Young Avengers. Kang acting like he knows Cassie already and her being confused about it would be a great easter egg.
    So basically they are going to give Cassie the role she's been playing in most recent stories involving Scott Lang? Well we can't say it isn't comic accurate.

For Quantumania they said this was the start of a new journey for her in one of the interviews. I want to see Cassie grow to "Stature" levels of big in the movie, step on some bad guy develop a liking for it, and want to continue training as a superhero regardless if her dad wants it or not. Basically tease what she's capable of as a Young Avenger.

I'm also looking way more forward to seeing Kang interact with her more then anyone else in the movie due to their history and Cassie's connection with a certain Kang variant. I hope they reference it in the movie, I'll go insane if they do. I would love for Kang to drop a YA Easter Egg on her. Truth be told it's the Young Avengers potential hints I'm most looking forward to in this movie. I'm a fan of all the Ant-Man movies, but the YA is my team, and I have been patiently waiting for this since the first Ant-Man in 2015! Marvel owes me!

We've seen concept art of her in a suit so I assume she does get in on the action at some point, maybe the climax after she's been rescued.

Also apparently what gets her arrested is that she was trying to get into the Quantum Realm.

A better look at the Young Avengers minimates set that was announced back in San Diego Comic Con

They look so freaking ugly, LMAO. But hey, new YA merch is better than no merch at all.

A better look at the Young Avengers minimates set that was announced back in San Diego Comic Con

They look so freaking ugly, LMAO. But hey, new YA merch is better than no merch at all.
    I'll agree with the article. It is tough being a Young Avengers fan. Constantly waiting and hoping for a new ongoing or mini to be announced, checking comics and sources to see if any of them popped up in a Marvel comic or even mentioned. While fans of other more popular/currently used Marvel teams eat well at the table, we take whatever scraps we can get and hope it sustains us for another year as we wait for "Young Avengers Volume 3" to come out. Oh it's tough. Hard to believe there was a time when they were so prominent in the Marvel universe even if at times they were just in the background as support, at least they were there.

But yeah, those things look unappealing. I wish they were just regular collector figures. If they did that for the Allan Heinberg Young Avengers I would be over the moon.

I was recently wondering if maybe the second Thunderstrike, aka his son could have made for a future Young Avenger? I think his name was Kevin? He is the son of a Thor-style character afterall. Does anyone think he could have been part of Jonas's Young Avengers failsafe list?

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    I was recently wondering if maybe the second Thunderstrike, aka his son could have made for a future Young Avenger? I think his name was Kevin? He is the son of a Thor-style character afterall. Does anyone think he could have been part of Jonas's Young Avengers failsafe list?
    Kevin Masterson, yeah. I could see him being a member. Like I said before, the Young Avengers never filled the void that was left when Billy stopped being a Thor legacy, so they could use a new one.

The Eli Bradley situations continues to confuse me. Is he off limits or not? He wasn't in the recent Young Avenger books, but I remember seeing him briefly in Empyre and during a mini reunion with the Young Avengers where the team is welcoming Eli back, then he disappears again. Not sure what is going on with the rights to the character but it seems pretty inconsistent.
    Yeah, it's strange. They do seem to have binned off the other Patriot in the comics as Sam now only has Joaquin as a sidekick, not Rayshaun. If that wasn't to make way for Eli's return, why get rid of him?

Face it, the likely YA movie roster isn't a comic accurate one, it's probably something like Kate, America, Cassie, Kamala, Riri, Joaquin, Loki, Wiccan and Speed (which is 2/3 YA, 1/3 Champions).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Kevin Masterson, yeah. I could see him being a member. Like I said before, the Young Avengers never filled the void that was left when Billy stopped being a Thor legacy, so they could use a new one.
    I don't know what the character has been up to in recent years, but I think he could have made a cool future member of the team. He's got the legacy Avenger part down. Probably would have gotten along well with Cassie given they both have dead father issues. Well Scott's back now, but she could sympathize with him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, it's strange. They do seem to have binned off the other Patriot in the comics as Sam now only has Joaquin as a sidekick, not Rayshaun. If that wasn't to make way for Eli's return, why get rid of him?

Face it, the likely YA movie roster isn't a comic accurate one, it's probably something like Kate, America, Cassie, Kamala, Riri, Joaquin, Loki, Wiccan and Speed (which is 2/3 YA, 1/3 Champions).
    Yeah, I'm not expecting a comic accurate YA if they get a movie. Even if that is what I would prefer. This was made clear with the Thunderbolts announcement. Speed and Wiccan haven't returned yet which has me nervous, and I don't have faith in Hulkling making it in time

Ultimate Member

Yeah, I'm not expecting a comic accurate YA if they get a movie. Even if that is what I would prefer. This was made clear with the Thunderbolts announcement. Speed and Wiccan haven't returned yet which has me nervous, and I don't have faith in Hulkling making it in time
    At this point, Kate, America, Cassie, Kamala, Joaquin and Eli seem like possibilities, since all have appeared to some degree in the various shows, maybe a Kid Loki variant or this new Thor/Gor's daughter character or Riri or Morgan Stark as well. But we've seen little indication of any plan to age up Billy or Tommy any further (or bring them from another part of the multiverse), or any indication of Teddy (or Jonas) at all. But that's a *lot* of characters, and I'm wondering if Cassie might be cut as well.

Although the Marvels or Secret Invasion seem like good places for Teddy to appear, if Marvel is going to introduce him before any Young Avengers team project.

I feel like powers-that-be at Marvel would be more interested at this point in casting someone to play Miles Morales in live-action and introduce him, rather than use Billy, Tommy or Teddy.

Yeah, that lineup I mentioned? They're listed in order of likelihood - and I'd say the first five are dead certs. Loki depends on if Kid Loki appears in the second season of his solo show, and Wiccan and Speed need to return elsewhere first but we don't know where. Agatha's show?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

But what kinds of messed up it to introduce the whole "Bradley " family angle on screen, clear distinction of Eli, and then deliberately not include him in On screen as part of YA? I get comic writing fanboys who by and large, mostly have black male biases, but I would expect the MCU to be more open and professional about reasonable representation.

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

If they don't include Teddy, but have Billy be there, I genuinely wonder how that press run will be lmao. Like, anyone with a lick of YA knowledge knows about them and how central they are to the team, so I'd have to wonder how hard/if at all comic book media coverage will press Marvel for excluding their "let's bring them out every Pride to show we're not homophobic" gay couple. And I just don't see how making a team known for being heavy on lgbt+ representation less so can come off as anything but bad, especially with how poor their track record is on that front.

But, I guess they can use the excuse of Vol1 being mostly straight characters with the exception of Billy, Teddy, and Tommy retroactively. But then they might include America, and vol2 was her redebut into the character she's mostly known for being, which happens to be the run that ended with everyone sans Kate being queer. So like, this is starting to seem deliberate in who they include (or better yet, who they exclude), and why certain characters are either wayyyyyy younger than they should be, or non existent at this point.

And that doesn't even touch the issue that is Eli's messy rights situation, especially with Isaiah being announced for Cap 4 New World Order. I can accept deviations when adapting, so I guess this is hypocritical of me to be so hypercritical of the MCU when it comes to YA, but it just seems they're doing it with not good intentions.