Page 8 of 94 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Given that part of the continuity problems for both "Empyre" and "Outlawed" related issues are due to the re-scheduling dramas caused by the pandemic and were entirely out of the control of the writers involved, I don't think its fair to assume any writer is going to "screw up" due to errors or discontinuities that took place around that particular situation--those were special circumstances.

Ryan North has shown in his past Marvel works that he is a writer who cares about and makes use of character histories and continuities; that's the point Frontier was making. He may not always get every detail perfect, but he makes the effort. I am sure North will at least acknowledge the situation with Teddy and the Skrulls. We may not see Teddy, especially if this is some rogue faction of Skrulls that is not connected to his Alliance, but the fact that the Skrull empire is currently under friendly leadership is bound to at least get mentioned.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    North seems like someone who would at least acknowledge and address current continuity with the Skrulls and Teddy's role in it.
    Perhaps. It's just that this event screams ''editorially mandated'', so I feel like that might also apply to the main players. I don't think it's a coincidence that Maria Hill is supposed to be one of the main characters when she's also supposed to be on the TV show. If editorial wants to sideline the Skree Empire for convenience's sake, there isn't much North can do about it. I don't doubt there will be a mention of Teddy, but I really hope it's more than just a mention. A Skrull invasion on Earth should be cause for him to be more than just a background character.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I'm not so sure about that. Didn't he screw up with Champions and Fantastic Four continuity in his Power Pack mini? The Power Pack story started on the day that Kamala's Law came into force. Bear in mind, Alex and Julie Power were in the Future Foundation, and returned to Earth after Empyre was over in the Fantastic Four book. The problem is that Outlawed happened before Empyre! Teddy explicitly mentioned (in Incoming) that he was glad to be getting away from the impending law. The timeline is messed up, Power Pack should've taken place some time after the law was in place (around the same time as the later issues of that Champions run).
    I think this falls a lot more on editorial than the writers. Writers don't always know everything that's happening in other books, so it's the editorial's job to make sure everything lines up. And like Dermie said above, the entire publication line was kind of a mess back in 2020 because of the pandemic, so there was that too. And to be blunt: Outlawed just wasn't important. Marvel tried to sell it as some big event for the young books, but looking back now, it didn't really matter in the bigger picture. Just recently we had the New Warriors teaming up with a couple of Champions like nothing even happened. I'd say Empyre actually had a bigger impact, because the major status quo established by the event still remains, but I'm not sure if even that will last forever. I actually fear that something like Secret Invasion II might be used as an excuse to revert that status quo, to be honest. Better enjoy Emperor Teddy while we can.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 02-06-2022 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Perhaps. It's just that this event screams ''editorially mandated'', so I feel like that might also apply to the main players. I don't think it's a coincidence that Maria Hill is supposed to be one of the main characters when she's also supposed to be on the TV show. If editorial wants to sideline the Skree Empire for convenience's sake, there isn't much North can do about it. I don't doubt there will be a mention of Teddy, but I really hope it's more than just a mention. A Skrull invasion on Earth should be cause for him to be more than just a background character.
    I think it really just depends on how they handle it. I don't expect this to be an invasion on the level as the original so it could just be written off as a Skrull splinter cell that gets taken out and wrapped up in a bud by the end of the story.

I think it really just depends on how they handle it. I don't expect this to be an invasion on the level as the original so it could just be written off as a Skrull splinter cell that gets taken out and wrapped up in a bud by the end of the story.
    Yeah, I guess if they're going for a more ''spy'' kinda book with Hill and Fury fighting the threat in the shadows, then this could technically justify Teddy not appearing much. But even then, it'd still be a shame that they're doing such a big Skrull-centered story and not giving Teddy a sizeable role. Even on the first Secret Invasion they managed to give him some of the spotlight on the YA/Runaways crossover mini, so I feel like they have no excuse to not do anything this time around, considering just how much more important he is as a character within Skrull lore now.

Also... perfect opportunity for Xavin to come back. In the first SI, Xavin was literally telling Teddy about how he was supposed to be their savior, and he was having none of it at the time. Now everything they were saying is coming true... and I really wish they were around to see it. Would also be a way to address that major cliffhanger from the latest Runaways issue. Two birds with one stone.

Yeah, I guess if they're going for a more ''spy'' kinda book with Hill and Fury fighting the threat in the shadows, then this could technically justify Teddy not appearing much. But even then, it'd still be a shame that they're doing such a big Skrull-centered story and not giving Teddy a sizeable role. Even on the first Secret Invasion they managed to give him some of the spotlight on the YA/Runaways crossover mini, so I feel like they have no excuse to not do anything this time around, considering just how much more important he is as a character within Skrull lore now.

Also... perfect opportunity for Xavin to come back. In the first SI, Xavin was literally telling Teddy about how he was supposed to be their savior, and he was having none of it at the time. Now everything they were saying is coming true... and I really wish they were around to see it. Would also be a way to address that major cliffhanger from the latest Runaways issue. Two birds with one stone.
    Marvel leaving Teddy out of things he should at least get a cameo in is what usually happens...

I think Teddy is too public and major to get personally involved in something that might not be as overt, or busy with bigger things. At least in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    Marvel leaving Teddy out of things he should at least get a cameo in is what usually happens...
    Yeah, I know. Which is why I'm concerned. I'm still upset over him not being a part of The Last Of The Marvels arc on Captain Marvel when both his siblings were there.

I think Teddy is too public and major to get personally involved in something that might not be as overt, or busy with bigger things. At least in my opinion.
    I get that, but I think this is more from a in-universe perspective. I just want him to be in stuff because he's not in anything else right now.

The finale of Kate Bishop's current mini should have a mini YA reunion. During #5, she calls in America and Cassie, saying it's an emergency and could they please come to Bishop Mansion. They don't show up, so I assume they will do in the next (final) issue.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Bluebird

The finale of Kate Bishop's current mini should have a mini YA reunion. During #5, she calls in America and Cassie, saying it's an emergency and could they please come to Bishop Mansion. They don't show up, so I assume they will do in the next (final) issue.
    A bit weird she only gets a mini and not an ongoing spinning out of the Disney+ show (same case with US Agent having a mini in anticipation of his appearance in The Falcon and the Winter Soldier).

It would be nice to see all 3 YA girls together, specially since they've never been while the team was active.

Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    A bit weird she only gets a mini and not an ongoing spinning out of the Disney+ show (same case with US Agent having a mini in anticipation of his appearance in The Falcon and the Winter Soldier).
    I don't think it's weird at all, actually. Marvel is not on their ''everyone gets an ongoing'' era anymore. That's been over for a while now, and they've been doing a lot more minis as a result. I feel like any Young Avenger who gets a solo title these days would only be getting a mini or one-shot.

Teddy's in next week's Captain Marvel.
    https://comic-watch.com/news/exclusi...tain-marvel-36
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

I was wondering when that thing about his dad coming back would come up.

Well... I'll bite my tongue. Sorry for ever doubting you, Kelly Thompson! Hopefully he has some good moments alongside the Vells.

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    I was wondering when that thing about his dad coming back would come up.
    I'm pissed that Marvel keeps teasing Mar-Vell coming back and never actually allowing Teddy to meet him. Sick and twisted.

Teddy by himself no Billy I love that for him!!

Well that is a heck of a shock