Page 81 of 94 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1396

Another question, the Scarlet Witch is Romani, right? Are her kids also Romani or are they white? Did they race-change when they were reincarnated lol

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Exuin View Post
    Another question, the Scarlet Witch is Romani, right? Are her kids also Romani or are they white? Did they race-change when they were reincarnated lol
    Given how many different biological parents Wanda has had, and how many other origin retcons they have had (Magneto was not yet Jewish when he was retconned into being her dad), that's one can of worms that's better left unopened.

Billy Kaplan is a self-declared gay Jewish Avengers fanboy and that's all we'll ever get.
    Last edited by gurkle; 11-09-2022 at 08:30 PM.

The reincarnated kids are not romani. Billy is jewish and Tommy is, supposedly, just white.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    If itĀ’s indeed Mr Kaplan that makes them look even worse for not casting a Jew, but hey IĀ’m sure everyone will eat up Charlie getting magic. Though I could have sworn miss Randolph say she has no concrete evidence heĀ’s suppose to be Billy in her lil video.
    In her latest livestream, she said one of her most trusted sources at Marvel were pretty sure Joe's playing Billy (skip to 27:32 if the video plays from the start)

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

If it’s indeed Mr Kaplan that makes them look even worse for not casting a Jew, but hey I’m sure everyone will eat up Charlie getting magic. Though I could have sworn miss Randolph say she has no concrete evidence he’s suppose to be Billy in her lil video.
    If they survived Ms. Marvel and Moon Knight, I'm sure they can survive Billy too. Casting based on religion will just never be a priority in Hollywood, as much as some people can't accept that.

Also, I think not enough people are aware of the fact that Jac Schaeffer is a jewish woman. If she is writing the Kaplan family, it's entirely possible she's gonna have a more sensible perspective than people expect. She did say that so much of her passion for WandaVision was based on her own motherhood, after all.

There isn't really any canon moment that establishes a specific race for Billy and Tommy. At best you can argue Billy has ashkenazi jewish descent based on his last name, but even that doesn't really tells you much, because most ashkenazi jews in the US are just... white. So that doesn't automatically makes him a POC. All we know is that they are not biologically related to Wanda, and have always been colored/drawn like every other white character.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    In her latest livestream, she said one of her most trusted sources at Marvel were pretty sure Joe's playing Billy (skip to 27:32 if the video plays from the start)

God that truly is terrible news I do not want the heartstopper fandom anywhere near Billy ugh, tho I take everything Grace says with a grain of salt as far as Billy goes she swore they were getting recasted in MoM so

God that truly is terrible news I do not want the heartstopper fandom anywhere near Billy ugh, tho I take everything Grace says with a grain of salt as far as Billy goes she swore they were getting recasted in MoM so
    TBF MoM was probably rewritten and re-edited and hacked and slashed a million times before we got the onscreen product. So maybe at some point in time Teen Billy and Tommy were supposed to make an appearance before someone decided they would be better suited for Agatha.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    TBF MoM was probably rewritten and re-edited and hacked and slashed a million times before we got the onscreen product. So maybe at some point in time Teen Billy and Tommy were supposed to make an appearance before someone decided they would be better suited for Agatha.
    Yes, the person who leaked the complete pre-reshoots plot to Reddit in summer 2021 mentioned that Wanda's kids were "aged up at the end."

This might have been something they dropped when they decided to move their Young Avengers plans into the Agatha spinoff (unless they were always planning an Agatha spinoff, and I doubt that).

I don't know what heartstopper is but I'm excited for Billy/Wiccan all the same. If he's separated from Tommy then surely they are doing the reincarnated storyline with the boys. I'm fine with that as it was a big part of their story in Children's Crusade.

Slightly off topic concerning Billy but spoilers:
    A potential new character in the new Wakanda Forever movie is already being speculated for the potential Young Avengers. And to that I say No! I say that but it feels like a uphill battle. Literally every time a hero has a kid, people scream out "Young Avengers" as if they are just a superhero babysitting squad that every powered offspring joins. Grrrrrr.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    I don't know what heartstopper is but I'm excited for Billy/Wiccan all the same. If he's separated from Tommy then surely they are doing the reincarnated storyline with the boys. I'm fine with that as it was a big part of their story in Children's Crusade.

A potential new character in the new Wakanda Forever movie is already being speculated for the potential Young Avengers. And to that I say No! I say that but it feels like a uphill battle. Literally every time a hero has a kid, people scream out "Young Avengers" as if they are just a superhero babysitting squad that every powered offspring joins. Grrrrrr.
    end of spoilers
    That's nothing. I have seen people suggesting that Yelena should be in the Young Avengers...

It's just a matter of fact that there are quite a few people who simply don't know about anything surrounding the Young Avengers. As for how and why that is, I guess that is open for debate.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    That's nothing. I have seen people suggesting that Yelena should be in the Young Avengers...

It's just a matter of fact that there are quite a few people who simply don't know about anything surrounding the Young Avengers. As for how and why that is, I guess that is open for debate.
    Lol, I've seen those too. They must think she'll be a YA member on her downtime from her Thunderbolts team. I guess one of my fears is if the MCU Young Avengers takes off with...some of these choices, it'll create synergy for the comics. On one hand it'll finally give us Young Avengers volume 3, so that's a big positive. On the other, we'll have members like Skaar and they'll create a whole bunch of new Nadias for the group. No disrespect to Nadia of course. But honestly the more I hear of this the more I don't think this is a Young Avengers project. I wouldn't be surprised if they created a "Avengers Academy" style title with this, and that's different too.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    See, this is why I'm so frustrated at the post-Empyre landscape for Billy and Teddy. The Alliance keeps being brought up, but their priority is not to have Teddy and Billy leading any ongoing books, but to give them a digital mini-series about multiversal lovers. Like, no hate to Josh Trujillo; I'm sure there is an audience for the BL-like story he's telling on Marvel Unlimited. I'm just so bitter that this is the best thing Marvel could come up with after the massive status quo shift in Empyre. The characters just feel like space props.
    My mother is obsessed with that BL stuff. Like obsessed. I don't know whats up with it but yeah, nothing against it personally but i don't think based on my mom's obsession marvel is hitting the audience they want with that material. Apparently she has been mourning the death of one of the actors in it because i think there was like a stampede or something i was only half listening because yeah she is obsessed.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post

I think it's that and just the fact that people know how Marvel Studios is willing to change things up sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    My mother is obsessed with that BL stuff. Like obsessed. I don't know whats up with it but yeah, nothing against it personally but i don't think based on my mom's obsession marvel is hitting the audience they want with that material. Apparently she has been mourning the death of one of the actors in it because i think there was like a stampede or something i was only half listening because yeah she is obsessed.
    Oops, I totally misread this post, never mind.
    Last edited by GraysonXIV; 11-10-2022 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Mistake

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post

end of spoilers
    At this point I'm starting to feel indifferent towards it all. Like I said, they've been acting like this ever since Lila Barton picked up a bow in Endgame, swearing up and down she was gonna be the new Hawkeye in the MCU. Young Avengers is a very popular concept, but not everyone is really invested in the comics, so everyone is a potential candidate for the YA in the MCU in the eyes of some people. We're just gonna have to deal with this until Marvel Studios finally announces something to let people know what they can expect.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Well, I was referring to the BL-comics genre as opposed to BL-live-action genre. I'm not so sure if the audiences for those two are really the same. Comics tend to be more niche, while something like a TV show tends to be more mainstream.