Page 85 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3575818283848586878889 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 1396

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Covers for Love Unlimited: Hulkling & Wiccan. Part 1 available this Thursday, the 24th, on Marvel Unlimited.

I'm holding out hope that this book will have a deep philosophical discussion about the repercussions of Billy creating life with his powers, but those covers are really just giving love triangle drama, which is kinda meh to me. Let's hope it's good, though!
    The only 1 giving love triangle is issue 3 & one I don’t feel Teddy is dumb enough to cheat on Billy, two he loves him so much he left dude immediately for Billy no second thoughts so it’s unbelievable, three issue 2 is giving very much “I made you I will unmake you” type energy I don’t think Goebig wants that smoke.

Side note unless Billy is about to tap into Chaos Magic blue is his signature energy color & I don’t want that changed

A love triangle between Billy and Teddy? Unheard of. Teddy would never cheat on his mage and nothing will make me believe otherwise.

On the topic of Billy and Teddy, does anyone think at some point they'll have a kid together? Billy is magical after all. Imagine a kid with Billy/Wanda level magic plus the strength of Kree/Skrull hybrid. That would be the most OP kid around...besides like Franklin Richards.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    A love triangle between Billy and Teddy? Unheard of. Teddy would never cheat on his mage and nothing will make me believe otherwise.

On the topic of Billy and Teddy, does anyone think at some point they'll have a kid together? Billy is magical after all. Imagine a kid with Billy/Wanda level magic plus the strength of Kree/Skrull hybrid. That would be the most OP kid around...besides like Franklin Richards.
    I wonder if they've talked about it. Although they just got married...

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

In two AU-ish futures (Doctors Strange and the Sorcerers Supreme and New Avengers) they have kids. In DSSS, their kid is an unnamed skrull presenting kid, and in NA their kid is named Katie (but unseen).

Also regarding the Unlimited covers, it reads more to me like Goebig is asking for help and is just very tactile in asking lmao. I think the plot will boil down to Billy and Teddy getting freaked out that Billy actually created an alt universe and living beings on accident, Goebig trying to reckon with everything that went down, them helping him with whatever, and then Billy and Teddy reaffirming their love and that Billy needs training (cue Agatha synergy).

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    There is the 'I don't want to think too hard about this' nature of Billy (and Tommy!) having dealing with puberty and relationships and sex, when, mentally, he's like, a few months old...
    Hopefully they WOULDN'T be portrayed as children mentally even if they were aged up. Although I'm sure that wouldn't stop people from making insinuations about a hastily aged up Billy being gay. I think it would be different if it was a Vision type of situation, with Billy being older from the get-go. But the fact that there was such an emphasis on childhood during WandaVision pretty much killed any chance of the general audience not seeing Billy and Tommy as kids. Aging them up to do queer storylines was always gonna be controversial. So their best options, IMO, were either to wait for them to grow up or just go full comic book. I'm glad it seems like they're choosing the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    The only 1 giving love triangle is issue 3 & one I don’t feel Teddy is dumb enough to cheat on Billy, two he loves him so much he left dude immediately for Billy no second thoughts so it’s unbelievable, three issue 2 is giving very much “I made you I will unmake you” type energy I don’t think Goebig wants that smoke.
    Love triangles don't have to involve cheating necessarily. Two people liking the same person is a love triangle dynamic by itself. I don't think Teddy will cheat on Billy, but Goebig's presence on the book makes it a love triangle, unless he suddenly stopped having feelings for Teddy.

Honestly, it's not something they should be thinking about right now. They barely get things to do as a royal married couple, so I can't imagine why Marvel would want to throw another layer of things that they can't properly develop. To be even more honest, I'm not even convinced their marriage was a good idea right now, much less kids. Don't get me wrong, I think it would be lovely for them to expand their family someday, but I think editorial needs to figure out their place in the Marvel Universe first.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 11-22-2022 at 11:57 AM.

So I loved the 3 cameos we got in this issue today! And I forget that these infinity comic covers is always in actual panel in the comic so with that said Issue 2 Billy definitely threatens the **** out of Goebig & I’m here for that lmao. But issue 3 it seems he still forgets boundaries & shoots his shot I imagine that won’t end well for him.

The first issue felt so short. Is it just me or the Paradox Lost issues felt... longer? Or maybe they just had more text? IDK...

Anyway, the first issue was EXACTLY what I wanted. Billy and Teddy actually doing important diplomatic work as royalty + a discussion about what Billy did and the consequences of using your powers like that.

spoilers:
    I'm SO GLAD Billy and Wanda got to talk about the Agatha thing, and bond over their powers. I think it was a necessary conversation that, surprisingly, never happened before, despite them having similar powers for such a long time. Tommy and Pietro being there was a nice touch too.
    end of spoilers

I kinda wish the book was just that through and through. But now with Goebig back... let's see how the story goes.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    The first issue felt so short. Is it just me or the Paradox Lost issues felt... longer? Or maybe they just had more text? IDK...

Anyway, the first issue was EXACTLY what I wanted. Billy and Teddy actually doing important diplomatic work as royalty + a discussion about what Billy did and the consequences of using your powers like that.

spoilers:
    I'm SO GLAD Billy and Wanda got to talk about the Agatha thing, and bond over their powers. I think it was a necessary conversation that, surprisingly, never happened before, despite them having similar powers for such a long time. Tommy and Pietro being there was a nice touch too.
    end of spoilers

I kinda wish the book was just that through and through. But now with Goebig back... let's see how the story goes.
    Any word as to whether these stories are going to see print? I don't have access to digital comic stuff, and I'd definitely prefer to have paper copies of these.

Some of the Infinite Comics do see print. Could be a while though.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

My Marvel Unlimited Subscription expired a couple months ago, so I hope I can rely on this thread to keep current until (if) its collected in physical form.

Thanks gang.

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Any word as to whether these stories are going to see print? I don't have access to digital comic stuff, and I'd definitely prefer to have paper copies of these.
    Their first Unlimited comic was released in print during Pride, which was where the current one was first announced iirc. So, most likely we should look out for a print release during Pride and/or spoilers:
    near Agatha: Coven of Chaos' release date if rumors are to be believed about them having their MCU debut there
    end of spoilers

On the topic of this first issue of Love Unlimited, I agree
    with Drops of Venus, this was pretty much what I wanted out of an introductory issue. Had the Maximoffs and minimoffs together, showed what Teddy and Billy actually do for their jobs now as political heads of the Alliance, had Billy reckon with his powers. I expect issue 2 to be a whooooooole lotta angst from both Teddy and especially Billy about Goebig being there in the first place.

I'm predicting one of a few things to happen over the course of the story: either Goebig and his circumstances got willed into 616 after Billy and Teddy came back from that AU, and that he's genuinely a benevolent character in all of this that needs help. Perhaps he's still a part of Agatha's meddling as Billy mentioned to Wanda in their conversation and he's there to test them again. OR, perhaps it's the first option, but instead he's actually evil and he's going after them for feeling wronged from the fallout of the last comic, and that Trujillo is trying to build their rogue's gallery, starting with some bitter "ex's" (in this option, I predict Eidolon is also part of this scheme).

Anyway, over all really stronger start, and absolutely fantastic art (though I am biased as I love manga/yaoi-esque art work haha).
    Last edited by Waking Replica; 11-24-2022 at 07:24 AM.

I really wish these Marvel Infinity comics would come out in physical media. I would love to have the Young Avengers infinity stories physically collected and added to my comic shelf. spoilers:
    It sounds like there was a good story with Billy and Teddy that involved Wanda, Pietro, and Tommy. I hate that I missed it! Come on Marvel!!
    end of spoilers

Anyway Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I wonder how the Young Avengers spend turkey day?

I really wish these Marvel Infinity comics would come out in physical media. I would love to have the Young Avengers infinity stories physically collected and added to my comic shelf. spoilers:
    It sounds like there was a good story with Billy and Teddy that involved Wanda, Pietro, and Tommy. I hate that I missed it! Come on Marvel!!
    end of spoilers

Anyway Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I wonder how the Young Avengers spend turkey day?
    I'm right there with you, ComicNoobie! Get that content printed so we can purchase and treasure it!

So random thought, if Billy appears in Coven of Chaos and meets Agatha (obviously) do you think their meeting will happen similar to how Billy first met Wanda randomly when he was being bullied in school?

So random thought, if Billy appears in Coven of Chaos and meets Agatha (obviously) do you think their meeting will happen similar to how Billy first met Wanda randomly when he was being bullied in school?
    I'm not sure. I think that would depend on what would be the nature of Billy and Agatha's relationship on the show. Would they be allies? Foes? Agatha doesn't seem like the type who would willingly seek friendship with anyone, never mind a novice mage like Billy. So based on nothing other than the way Agatha has been portrayed in the MCU so far (and recent potential plot information from The Illuminerdi), I think they will not necessarily be on the same side, but might team up out of necessity at some point during the story due to some bigger evil. The scene of the first encounter of Billy and Wanda in the comics is supposed to be wholesome and inspiring, so I don't really see Agatha taking Wanda's place in that regard, and I would honestly prefer if they just do a flashback showing that Billy was a Wanda fan and met her before, so they could just replicate that moment from the comics faithfully. Buut it's the MCU, so I'm not really expecting anything. Billy getting his origin story outside of the YA orbit is already different enough, much like what happened to Kate and what will likely happen to Cassie too, so it's possible some things end up being different.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 11-28-2022 at 11:47 AM.