Page 18 of 42 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I don't think is well known that among the many screenplays that were submitted for the unproduced Superman movie starring Nicholas Cage there was one guest starring Diana. Below some excerpts from the Superman: The Man of Steel movie script by Alex Ford (1998):

INT. DAILY PLANET LOBBY

A statuesque WOMAN (#2) dressed in a long skirt and conservative blouse enters. Her body is that of an athlete. Her legs are to die for. Her skin's like porcelain and her thick jet black wavy hair cascades down her shoulders to the middle of her back.

She approaches the RECEPTIONIST (#3) who looks up, startled.

RECEPTIONIST #3
    (startled)
    Can I help you?

WOMAN #2
    I'm here to see Clark Kent.

INT. OPENING HALLWAY - OPENING ELEVATOR

The doors open. Everyone in the elevator is at shoulder height to mystery woman. She exits and they stare. As she walks down the hall and a man carrying a computer monitor sees her, drops it, and it shatters on the floor.

INT. DAILY PLANET SECURITY BOOTH

The WOMAN's image is on a wall of monitors. Five GUARDS are watching her. One signals and two more join them.

INT. CITY ROOM

LOIS
    (Standing to exit)
    No. There is something else to this guy. Things about him we couldn't imagine. Nobody eats that much apple pie. I can't put my finger on it but you'll know when I do. Kent is full of surprises.

She turns and is eye level at the chest of the mystery WOMAN. CAMERA cuts to a FULL SHOT of the both of them and the woman (5'11" wearing four inch heels) towering over the 5'7" LOIS.

WOMAN #2
    I was told I could find Clark Kent here.

The WOMAN speaks in a very distinct accent (similar to Greek). Everyone is speechless.

WOMAN #2
    Clark Kent. He's a reporter.

More staring.

WOMAN #2
    This is the City Room, isn't it?

PERRY's door open and he and CLARK exit. CLARK sees his guest.

CLARK
    (Excited)
    Diana!

He hugs her. LOIS stares at them both in disbelief.

WOMAN #2 from here on will be known as DIANA.

DIANA
    I thought I was in the wrong place.

CLARK
    Did you have any trouble getting into town?

DIANA
    I'm okay. I have a pretty good sense of direction.

CLARK
    (To everyone)
    Everyone, this is an old friend, Diana.
    (Introductions)
    This is Ron Troupe. Cat Grant our society columnist. Jimmy Olsen our favorite photographer. And this is Lois Lane.

DIANA
    Clark's told me a lot about you, Miss Lane.

LOIS
    Oh really…

CLARK
    Let me get my things and we can go. Have a seat.

CLARK leaves and DIANA sits in his chair. Everyone hovers around her.

LOIS
    So Diana…?

DIANA
    Just… Diana.

LOIS
    What is it you do?

DIANA
    I'm an ancient history liaison for Marston University in Boston.

LOIS
    Is that so?

DIANA
    Mostly Greek history and cultures.

LOIS
    Are you from Smallville?

DIANA
    (Laughing, leans and whispers)
    Do I look like I'm from Smallville?

CLARK returns.

CLARK
    I'm ready.

DIANA gets up and joins him.

DIANA
    It was a pleasure meeting you all.

RON
    Likewise.

CLARK and DIANA exit. PERRY enters in time to see them leaving.

PERRY
    Geez, where did Kent find the Amazon?

CUT TO:

INT. CLARK'S APARTMENT - NIGHT

The apartment decor is simple. Lots of photos and mementos from home, high school football trophies and journalism awards.

DIANA's looking at the wall of pictures.

DIANA
    This one is new.

Clark (OS)
    (From the kitchen he looks up at a wall and answers)
    That's my parents and Lana last Christmas.

DIANA
    They're such good people.

DIANA gently runs her finger over the image of PA KENT with envy.

DIANA
    You know they sent me a Christmas card.

CLARK
    (Embarrassed)
    I told them you didn't celebrate Christmas. You should send them a card when Zeus' birthday comes.

DIANA
    I don't think Hallmark makes a card for that.

CLARK steps out from the kitchen with a picnic basket.

CLARK
    Ready?

DIANA
    Where are we going?

CLARK
    A little place I know outside the city.

CUT TO:

EXT. GRASSY PLAINS - NIGHT

CLARK and DIANA are sitting on a large blanket eating by the dim light of a lantern. Although we can't see the background, they seem to be in the middle of nowhere with a starlit sky.

DIANA
    Everyone misses you, Clark.

CLARK
    (Distant)
    Really? That means a lot to me.

DIANA
    You seem distant. What's troubling you, Clark?

CLARK
    That train. I've caught planes in midair. I should have been able to stop that. If Metallo hadn't been there those people would have died.

DIANA
    But they didn't. Be glad he was there.

CLARK
    It's weird because I felt fine before I got there and then I just felt so tired.

DIANA
    (Comforting)
    It's okay.

CLARK
    (Worried)
    It's not okay. I don't get sick. Do you have any idea what it takes to make me tired?
    (Beat)
    There was a minute where I thought I was going to die with those people.

DIANA's face turns serious.

CLARK
    Have you ever thought you were going to die?

DIANA
    (Uneasy at the idea)
    I, I've never considered it.

CLARK
    Me neither. I swear I was going to get crushed between those trains. There was a minute, not even, a fraction of a second, where something inside told me to get out the way.

DIANA
    Clark…

CLARK
    And then in a split second I justified it thinking if I saved myself and let those few hundred people die how many more could I save in my lifetime? A few thousand? Tens of thousands? Would letting a few hundred people die be worth saving a few million in the end?

DIANA
    But you could never do that. Do you think you could just let some asteroid drop into the middle of downtown and whatever happens, happens.
    (Beat)
    That's not like you. I know it's a lot of pressure but you raise the standard. Hal doesn't tell anybody but I can tell he tries to run the League like you would. People strive to be like you and that's a good thing.

CLARK
    I'm afraid one day I'm going to fail them.

DIANA
    And one day you might. But you can't live in fear of that. One day we both might die but it isn't how you die that's important… it's how you lived.

There is a long silence.

CLARK
    It's nice to have someone who understands.

DIANA
    Anytime, Clark. Anytime.

CLARK
    This is a really nice spot. I always wondered why it's here.

DIANA
    Do you really want to know?

CLARK
    Nah.

The CAMERA pans out and reveals they are sitting in the center of STONEHENGE.

Full movie script: http://scifiscripts.com/scripts/supe...steel_FORD.txt
    Wow this is good. What a shame was not done. It feels so natural.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    I think the new 52 with Superman and Wonder Woman should have gotten a fair shake at defining an era of story telling, the same way they had post crisis from 1986 to Flashpoint. Those characters got to say goodbye after a good number of years of us seeing them progress and grow in their personas and heroics. Many got to leave on a high note with last issues at least implying there was more stories to be told and their fans could be comforted they would be out there as part of the multiverse and could be revisited at any time. The new 52 never even got that. It was crapped on. Was forced into premature end by killing/ unraveling one of the most interesting, and fresh Supermen and Wonder Women we had. A rather insulting end to fans who invested in them because was implied it never even happened or some nonsense like that. It was all done for nostalgia and in the end as far as I am concerned has done nothing for DC 's position or sales.

At the very least we could have gotten an AU line and I would have gotten Clark and Diana to start a family and create a brand new legacy character/s combining their mythology and abilities with an original costume that combines both logos and a new superhero title. Supergirl/boy or Wonder girl/boy ...well end of the day we've had those eg Kon and another Clark or Diana lite is not that interesting. They could have even done an animated series with them.

I am not sure DC even knows what happened or not even to this day. One moment was not real then the next everything happened, which is so lazy because it it trying to undermine and dilute defined stories and eras just to prop what mess they are doing atm. But they going to kill the JL so yeah kill Superman again... They keep referencing the multiverse but I don't believe they are using it as best as they could.
    Well said.

I believe he had an agenda and it was to prop what he was doing or going to do. They had a Superman conference or something akin to it if I recall and I am positive he found out he was doing Rebirth. He even laughed at speculation that WonderStar was Clark and Diana's child because he knew what was coming and he was going to be writing it.

It's his job to write what he is given to the best of his ability and I had no problems with that. What I did not like is how he manufactured conflict for the sake of it because he probably did not want the readers to think...oh Superman and Wonder Woman does work. He wanted to reinforce that the classic status quo is the better relationship. I've seen/read old school fans insist that Clark and Diana would never last, even though no one knows their story because outside of Elseworlds, it has yet to unfold and be given a chance to blossom and grow. He tried to tear down all Soule built and I did not appreciate that. Surely you can do your own thing without trying to undermine what someone else wrote.

We see this same thing done in the animated verse too. Four movies with Clark and Diana , then broken up off screen because they had a formula to follow. Their narrative was lazy and there were fans who questioned why, when and how they broke up, director/producer had no good reason. I think creators need to understand that telling readers and viewers that you have to feel a certain way or must accept something just because it suits their agenda does not work unless you're the fandom pandered to. In the end it affects the overall product and we've seen this in poorly plotted movies, tv and comics.
    He couldn't have found out he was doing Rebirth because the initiative came very much later at the 11th hour. Afaik, while Rebirth as line wide initiative was pitched after Oct. 2015, it was when they were writing the first arc of Truth that they found out NuSupes had to go to make room for whatever Jurgens' pitch got approved and the Truth storyline had to be rewritten to accommodate the other status quo.

Idk, why Tomasi's first arc on the SM/WW book had to be that way.

SuperWonder Cosplay

“It’s about what you believe! And I believe in love! Only love will truly save the world!” -Wonder Woman

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ca3qUzQrh3I/

“There is a superhero in all of us
    We just need the courage to put on the cover..." Superman ✨”

https://www.instagram.com/p/CZaC72WPcPf/

“If you had a superpower, which one would it be?”

https://www.instagram.com/p/CcXWFpnI9F1/

“Party 🎉 #superman #wonderwoman”

https://www.instagram.com/p/CdCK_6lLe69/

“Wonder Woman and Superman ready to save the party 🎉”

https://www.instagram.com/grupodreamfantasy/

“Last Saturday Superman and the wonderful woman of @mundopopeye were at our #foodfair and had a great afternoon with all the children who came to see them 💪🏼
    And at the end of the afternoon, two lucky winners had the privilege of sharing a super delicious snack with the two of them😍 courtesy of @nanasfruit and @pandelaabuela_mrd 🍪🧃
    Thank you @mundopopeye @nanasfruit and @pandelaabuela_mrd and to everyone who was present 😉 a different Saturday always thinking about you.”

https://www.instagram.com/p/CbploD9ur6g/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

^^^That art again, lol. Superman & Wonder Woman in the Multiverse of Madness. 😜

Black & White sketches/art colored by Rysketches:

"Revisit old coloring of @thedougmahnke sketch."
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CRSV0ows8zz/

It’s a shame this cover wasn’t used. This was the obvious sign of how Tomasi was focused on changing their relationship into an antagonistic partnership.

"Art by @jackherbert . Colors by Me. I wanted to color this for sometime."
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CUzsw4FMLTS/
    His hand! LOL every time I see this pic it’s so funny and sexy!

I never really got what was going on with Tomasi run pre-Truth, was he a writer with an agenda or what? Back in 2014, I saw some haters celebrating that he would've ruined the book for them.
    I think the new 52 with Superman and Wonder Woman should have gotten a fair shake at defining an era of story telling, the same way they had post crisis from 1986 to Flashpoint. Those characters got to say goodbye after a good number of years of us seeing them progress and grow in their personas and heroics. Many got to leave on a high note with last issues at least implying there was more stories to be told and their fans could be comforted they would be out there as part of the multiverse and could be revisited at any time. The new 52 never even got that. It was crapped on. Was forced into premature end by killing/ unraveling one of the most interesting, and fresh Supermen and Wonder Women we had. A rather insulting end to fans who invested in them because was implied it never even happened or some nonsense like that. It was all done for nostalgia and in the end as far as I am concerned has done nothing for DC 's position or sales.

At the very least we could have gotten an AU line and I would have gotten Clark and Diana to start a family and create a brand new legacy character/s combining their mythology and abilities with an original costume that combines both logos and a new superhero title. Supergirl/boy or Wonder girl/boy ...well end of the day we've had those eg Kon and another Clark or Diana lite is not that interesting. They could have even done an animated series with them.

I am not sure DC even knows what happened or not even to this day. One moment was not real then the next everything happened, which is so lazy because it it trying to undermine and dilute defined stories and eras just to prop what mess they are doing atm. But they going to kill the JL so yeah kill Superman again... They keep referencing the multiverse but I don't believe they are using it as best as they could.
    I believe he had an agenda and it was to prop what he was doing or going to do. They had a Superman conference or something akin to it if I recall and I am positive he found out he was doing Rebirth. He even laughed at speculation that WonderStar was Clark and Diana's child because he knew what was coming and he was going to be writing it.

It's his job to write what he is given to the best of his ability and I had no problems with that. What I did not like is how he manufactured conflict for the sake of it because he probably did not want the readers to think...oh Superman and Wonder Woman does work. He wanted to reinforce that the classic status quo is the better relationship. I've seen/read old school fans insist that Clark and Diana would never last, even though no one knows their story because outside of Elseworlds, it has yet to unfold and be given a chance to blossom and grow. He tried to tear down all Soule built and I did not appreciate that. Surely you can do your own thing without trying to undermine what someone else wrote.

We see this same thing done in the animated verse too. Four movies with Clark and Diana , then broken up off screen because they had a formula to follow. Their narrative was lazy and there were fans who questioned why, when and how they broke up, director/producer had no good reason. I think creators need to understand that telling readers and viewers that you have to feel a certain way or must accept something just because it suits their agenda does not work unless you're the fandom pandered to. In the end it affects the overall product and we've seen this in poorly plotted movies, tv and comics.
    Tomasi just shouldn’t have been on the book. He didn’t have a story for them. If anything, I would’ve rather them cancel the book after Soule. Soule’s work on the books is the only thing fans mention and have much more appreciation for anyway.
    Seeing how So many people are looking up to power couples, Marvel connecting franchises… what a shame DC has these concepts first and right in their hands but screw it up and end up in the embarrassing disaster directionless state they are currently in.