Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Which arcs and issues of Excalibur did you like? There's quite a bit of mixed feelings amongst CB fans regarding how Brian was portrayed in Excalibur. Personally I've read everything on CB but only bits and bats of Excalibur and I wasn't always that impressed.
    The Davis solo issues, especially, were my personal favorite (and how I originally got to know him). Issues 42-67. It wasn’t all about him, but his personal story arc flows through the run.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Which arcs and issues of Excalibur did you like? There's quite a bit of mixed feelings amongst CB fans regarding how Brian was portrayed in Excalibur. Personally I've read everything on CB but only bits and bats of Excalibur and I wasn't always that impressed.
    I remember enjoying most of Excalibur, for the entire team, and the creative team, as opposed to just Captain Britain. It was quirky book with wild adventures, that was different from the rest of the X-books. It was, as was mentioned by someone else, the first time I'd read Captain Britain and Meggan.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Astonishing Member

Brian's original costume is better than his Captain Britain Corps costume but Crusader X is better than 616 Captain Britain (but only because the codename sounds better).

Fantastic Member

I'm still looking for the first person who likes Captain Avalon.....

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Claremont's Excalibur arguably threw Brian and Meggan under a bus characterisation-wise. Davis' Excalibur is the best the book got,imo. Though it still uses CC's characterisations, it does its best to explain them.

The Moore/Davis era is my favourite version of the character.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    The Davis solo issues, especially, were my personal favorite (and how I originally got to know him). Issues 42-67. It wasn’t all about him, but his personal story arc flows through the run.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I remember enjoying most of Excalibur, for the entire team, and the creative team, as opposed to just Captain Britain. It was quirky book with wild adventures, that was different from the rest of the X-books. It was, as was mentioned by someone else, the first time I'd read Captain Britain and Meggan.
    I've added the Excalibur Epic Collection: Curiouser and Curiouser TPB which has the major part of Alan Davis's run to the suggested reading. It's only a matter of time as to when an Epic Collection TPB will materialise with the remainder of his run.

In the recent comixology sale I got the first Alan Davis Epic collection, then got the remainder of his run in the Marvel Visionaries Alan Davis Excalibur vol 3, which starts where the epic collection ends.

Actually, I’d love a Captain Britain Epic collection that ends just before Excalibur begins.

Actually, I’d love a Captain Britain Epic collection that ends just before Excalibur begins.
    That's a thought. There are so many new Epic Collections appearing that a set of Captain Britain ones is not that far fetched.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    In the recent comixology sale I got the first Alan Davis Epic collection, then got the remainder of his run in the Marvel Visionaries Alan Davis Excalibur vol 3, which starts where the epic collection ends.
    Thanks Panic. I included this TPB in the Suggested Reading post. Btw, it'd be good to see more of your posts regarding the good Captain to get this thread moving

That's a thought. There are so many new Epic Collections appearing that a set of Captain Britain ones is not that far fetched.
    Indeed. If it ever does get made, I would totally support it (XD)

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

That's a cool pin up! Is it Kirby? I didn't think he drew Captain Britain.

Though I do have to laugh at "the rarest of all men ... a SUPERHERO!"

Speaking of artists ... who would you like to see draw Captain Britain?
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

The pin-up is actually Herb Trimpe, but very much in Kirby mode. Jack Kirby actually did draw a nice Captain America/Captain Britain picture though, I remember it being on the back of one of the Summer Specials.

The Two Caps from King Kirby

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    The Two Caps from King Kirby

Awsome!

Peace