Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    No worries, judging from the solicit she'll hardly be in it, if at all.
    False advertising, then .

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They both look mind controlled to me.
    Last time that happened they fought on the outside of a plane because they had to one-up that movie fight iirc.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    Last time that happened they fought on the outside of a plane because they had to one-up that movie fight iirc.
    If that was the goal they definitely failed.^^
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

If that was the goal they definitely failed.^^
    I don't know I kinda liked how extra it was for two street level characters but I guess it was less memorable.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

My Twitter

I don't know I kinda liked how extra it was for two street level characters but I guess it was less memorable.
    Maybe my expectations were too high because I liked the movie fight much. That said wasn't that also a case of false advertising? I believe they only fought on the wing of the plane on the cover whereas most of the actual fight happened inside of it.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Maybe my expectations were too high because I liked the movie fight much. That said wasn't that also a case of false advertising? I believe they only fought on the wing of the plane on the cover whereas most of the actual fight happened inside of it.
    Yeah most of it happened inside, the last third or so on the outside and I think it ended when both ended up brainwashed? Or she acts like she is? I don't remember it's been a while.

My Twitter

Yeah most of it happened inside, the last third or so on the outside and I think it ended when both ended up brainwashed? Or she acts like she is? I don't remember it's been a while.
    Yeah I think the fight that barely deserves being labeled as such ended with her also getting possessed after looking into his eyes. It was also not helped by good art to elevate it, quite the contrary. And man did the artist take fanservice too far, and I say that as someone who usually rarely complains about these things, but Nat's cleavage really looked ridiculous in that one.

RCO016_1583412319.jpg

Yeah I think the fight that barely deserves being labeled as such ended with her also getting possessed after looking into his eyes. It was also not helped by good art to elevate it, quite the contrary. And man did the artist take fanservice too far, and I say that as someone who usually rarely complains about these things, but Nat's cleavage really looked ridiculous in that one.

RCO016_1583412319.jpg
    The height of the unzipped era .

It's not just the unzipped suit, she's also stacked like she is applying for a manga role instead.
    Last edited by Matternativ; 05-16-2022 at 02:48 PM.

My Twitter

It's not just the unzipped suit, she's also stacked like she is applying for a manga role instead.
    Hasn't she always been though ?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean it's not a bad trait to have for a spy

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Only if the art is bad.

My Twitter

Fantastic Member

Reading some back issues and was reminded how much I love Natasha. The greatest Marvel femme fatale. I know they aren't as close as depicted in the movies but any issues that display Natasha's relationship with the marquee Avengers? Steve, Tony, Clint, Thor? other characters are I'd love to read her alongside are Punisher and the Inhumans? any recommended reading

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPlay25 View Post
    Reading some back issues and was reminded how much I love Natasha. The greatest Marvel femme fatale. I know they aren't as close as depicted in the movies but any issues that display Natasha's relationship with the marquee Avengers? Steve, Tony, Clint, Thor? other characters are I'd love to read her alongside are Punisher and the Inhumans? any recommended reading
    Tales to Astonish from a few years back and the recent Black Widow series had a bit of Clint and Bucky.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPlay25 View Post
    She has many stories with Clint but I feel other users might be better versed to give you recommendations for stories of them together.

The mini-series Web of Black Widow consists of five issues of which one puts the focus on her and Tony and one on her and Clint, and Steve also shows up, so you might try that one.

Avengers Assemble from 2012 by Bendis "coincidentally" had the same lineup as the movie, so there you are. Although Nat didn't get to do much as far as I can remember.

For Tony in particular:

Iron Man Vol 3 written by Kurt Busiek has a team-up of him and Natasha in issue 6 that I enjoyed. Then she also features as a guest star from issue 8 until 10.

Steve:

She featured quite frequently in Cap's book, e.g. in Gruenwald's Streets of Poison (#372 - #378) storyline. Harras' run on The Avengers had her and Steve as co-leaders for some time. Then there was Captain America and Black Widow from 2012.

Frank:

She had quite some run-ins with Frank, I liked their interactions in Rosenberg's Punisher run (War on the Streets arc) best. There is also Rucka's Punisher: War Zone, which had her and the core Avengers Tony, Thor, and Steve going after him.

Just like in the movies Thor might be the core Avenger she interacts with the least so I don't think there is much of them together. But for what it's worth Odinson was the one who invited her to the Avengers back in 1973 so at least they have that.
    Last edited by chicago_bastard; 05-25-2022 at 01:05 AM.