Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPlay25 View Post
    Reading some back issues and was reminded how much I love Natasha. The greatest Marvel femme fatale. I know they aren't as close as depicted in the movies but any issues that display Natasha's relationship with the marquee Avengers? Steve, Tony, Clint, Thor? other characters are I'd love to read her alongside are Punisher and the Inhumans? any recommended reading
    Since Chicago bastard gave you some of the others let's go with team ups with muh boi:

- They have been together in two versions of the "Secret Avengers" namely the versions in 2013/14 by Spencer and 2014/15 by Kot of which I have a huge fondness for the latter and recommend it to anyone who can stomach the comedic tone.

- Secret Empire (2017) and subsequently Tales of Suspense (2017-18) by Spencer and Rosenberg respectively.

- Avengers Assemble by Bendis among others (2012-2014) and later on Avengers by Hickman featured both.

- There was a brief team-up in Thunderbolts 1997-2003 starting with #43 by Nicieza.
    The same writer had the team up in Hawkeye (2003/04) #7 -#8.

- Otherwise Natasha made regular appearances in Hawkeye (2012) by Fraction much like Clint showed up on like three brief occasions for Natasha's similarly excellent Edmondson/Noto book (2104/15).

- Then there's Widowmaker (2010) by McCann which was a 5 or so issue mini series between the two of them and mockingbird.

- Last but not least Clint and the Bucksman featured heavily in Kelly Thompson's very recent Black Widow (2020-2022).

Right, sorry if this list is maybe structured weirdly, I've been writing this for the last 30 minutes during program hangups at work.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Invincible Member

A couple of scans from Marvel Fanfare #13. What's funny is that's a pretty big bow and arrow for those pieces to be hidden on her back and for her to be running around normally up until that point in the story

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    A couple of scans from Marvel Fanfare #13. What's funny is that's a pretty big bow and arrow for those pieces to be hidden on her back and for her to be running around normally up until that point in the story

Nice makeshift bikini.

That artist definitely knew what he was doing
    "This is me being reasonable"

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    Since Chicago bastard gave you some of the others let's go with team ups with muh boi:

- They have been together in two versions of the "Secret Avengers" namely the versions in 2013/14 by Spencer and 2014/15 by Kot of which I have a huge fondness for the latter and recommend it to anyone who can stomach the comedic tone.

- Secret Empire (2017) and subsequently Tales of Suspense (2017-18) by Spencer and Rosenberg respectively.

- Avengers Assemble by Bendis among others (2012-2014) and later on Avengers by Hickman featured both.

- There was a brief team-up in Thunderbolts 1997-2003 starting with #43 by Nicieza.
    The same writer had the team up in Hawkeye (2003/04) #7 -#8.

- Otherwise Natasha made regular appearances in Hawkeye (2012) by Fraction much like Clint showed up on like three brief occasions for Natasha's similarly excellent Edmondson/Noto book (2104/15).

- Then there's Widowmaker (2010) by McCann which was a 5 or so issue mini series between the two of them and mockingbird.

- Last but not least Clint and the Bucksman featured heavily in Kelly Thompson's very recent Black Widow (2020-2022).

Right, sorry if this list is maybe structured weirdly, I've been writing this for the last 30 minutes during program hangups at work.
    Kot's Secret Avengers is so, so much fun. I second that recommendation.

Also, I think Nat was a later cast member of the Avengers during Clint's original run with them (or perhaps not original, but an old run at least), if memory serves me right. For a brief time, I think, before he left the team (this happened, I think, before he met Bobbi. I could be remembering this all wrong, tough). I could be remembering it all wrong but I think she was there.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 06-29-2022 at 12:57 AM.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Nice makeshift bikini.
    Did she have to leave her shoes behind though? LOL

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Early period George Perez!

Did she have to leave her shoes behind though? LOL
    It looks like it was a full onsesie, so she didn't really have shoes, although I guess she could've ripped it around the ankles. Maybe she needed more material .

That wasn't the first instance of Nat pulling this stunt. Macchio and Perez took inspiration from an earlier Claremont story in Marvel Two in One:

tio10.jpg
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    That wasn't the first instance of Nat pulling this stunt. Macchio and Perez took inspiration from an earlier Claremont story in Marvel Two in One:

tio10.jpg
    Yeah, both times, I echoed Ben's thought like, what is the Widda doin'?!?

It must have felt good for Nat to get those things off her back!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

tio10.jpg
    Bashful Ben Grimm .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Bashful Ben Grimm .
    Yeah, but then he helps a lady out and looks full on while pulling the map off her back, lol!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Astonishing Member

[/IMG]
    In an old issue of Marvel Two-In-One (9 or 10), she once built a mega rifle components similarly hidden in her costume. I like the concept, but it takes comic book technology to make it doable!

Astonishing Member

Ah, you beat me to the punch. The artwork in that story is by Bob Brown and Klaus Janson. Janson always elevated the works of guys like Brown and Sal Buscema who were very good storytellers, but didn't always produce the most showy of artwork.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Kot's Secret Avengers is so, so much fun. I second that recommendation.

Also, I think Nat was a later cast member of the Avengers during Clint's original run with them (or perhaps not original, but an old run at least), if memory serves me right. For a brief time, I think, before he left the team (this happened, I think, before he met Bobbi. I could be remembering this all wrong, tough). I could be remembering it all wrong but I think she was there.
    The things I'd do for a continuation of Secret Avengers with that roster and creative team...

As for the old-time avengers appearance:
    Good call... probably...maybe .
    Honestly i didn't bring it up because I didn't read it, haha.

Likewise they had a run in with Mockingbird in another silver age(?) Story I've read but I didn't want to recommend that one either because I thought it was pretty bad as was most stuff with them in the ultimate universe.

Generally speaking Natasha had so many run ins with arrow boy their shared panel time probably eclipses the total panel time of a lot of C List heroes and that's ignoring other media altogether.

Sadly it doesn't seem like there is much "general panel time" coming up for her.

There's one Ghost Rider issue and one avengers oneshot that have her on the cover, for whatever that means, and afaik Thompson is still hoping for an epilogue issue of sorts but i think that's it.
    Guess it's gonna be a bit if a drought for a while.

PS: Oh and maybe she'll show up in one ballroom scene background or so considering we've seen her design for that.
    Last edited by Matternativ; 06-29-2022 at 02:38 PM.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter