Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Natasha should be considered as Ghost in a Shell. I so want to see her in the pages of ASM in a major story arc where she and Peter Parker are working together on a case that's tied to The Abomination.
    Just pitch to Marvel already. You can't honestly think the writers they already have are going to independently come up with ideas similar to yours, let alone read your posts.

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    Looks like we'll get an early days Elektra vs Nat in next week's Elektra: Black White and Blood

https://aiptcomics.com/2022/03/18/ma...white-blood-3/
    Thanks for the heads up.

Guess these stories aren't canon given that Elektra shouldn't even be born when Natasha was still part of the Red Room.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

They're clearly not - one of the previous issues had two stories which ended with Elektra deceased.

Back when Elektra debuted, she would've been alive when Nat was in the Red Room, the retcon that Natasha is decades older than she looks was done due to the demise of the Soviet Union. Back then, Natasha could've only been out of the USSR for under a decade. Now of course, her time in the Red Room must be at least 35 years ago. Yeah, the Red Room still exists (Nadia Van Dyne was in it before she defected to the US to find her father and became the new Wasp), but we know it was in the Soviet era when Nat was there.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They're clearly not - one of the previous issues had two stories which ended with Elektra deceased.

Back when Elektra debuted, she would've been alive when Nat was in the Red Room, the retcon that Natasha is decades older than she looks was done due to the demise of the Soviet Union. Back then, Natasha could've only been out of the USSR for under a decade. Now of course, her time in the Red Room must be at least 35 years ago. Yeah, the Red Room still exists (Nadia Van Dyne was in it before she defected to the US to find her father and became the new Wasp), but we know it was in the Soviet era when Nat was there.
    Just read it, even if we ignore the retcon they got it completely wrong. Natasha is depicted as a young Red Room student here while Elektra is referring to her death and resurrection by the Hand. Problem is that Natasha was in that story in which Elektra was resurrected, meaning she already had defected from the Red Room at that point, so Red Room Nat facing a resurrected Elektra doesn't make any sense.

The story is pretty bad fanfic anyway.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Some sneak peeks for Black Widow #15 in Thompson's new Newsletter

spoilers:
    Well so much for me convincing myself that she might have tricked Mr living blade
    end of spoilers
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    Just read it, even if we ignore the retcon they got it completely wrong. Natasha is depicted as a young Red Room student here while Elektra is referring to her death and resurrection by the Hand. Problem is that Natasha was in that story in which Elektra was resurrected, meaning she already had defected from the Red Room at that point, so Red Room Nat facing a resurrected Elektra doesn't make any sense.

The story is pretty bad fanfic anyway.
    I can see where you are coming from. I won't get into continuity stuff since you probably know that better than me but I do really dislike this kind of fan wank writing even if I like the character in question.

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post

spoilers:
    Well so much for me convincing myself that she might have tricked Mr living blade
    end of spoilers
    Your other theory is still possible though.

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    I can see where you are coming from. I won't get into continuity stuff since you probably know that better than me but I do really dislike this kind of fan wank writing even if I like the character in question.
    They could have used Yelena and it would have been a perfect fit continuity wise. But I guess making the second best Red Room graduate job to Elektra in pathetic fashion would have defeated the main purpose of the story that you described so accurately.

Your other theory is still possible though.
    It was probably always the more likely of the two
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Thanks for the heads up.

Guess these stories aren't canon given that Elektra shouldn't even be born when Natasha was still part of the Red Room.
    I always wondered how Elektra would fare against Natasha.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I always wondered how Elektra would fare against Natasha.
    Oh that already happened in an actual 616 story and ended in a draw.

liu1.jpgliu2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Wordle, Dordle, Quordle, OCTORDLE!?! So there's an eight grid Wordle variant, wow.

They could have used Yelena and it would have been a perfect fit continuity wise. But I guess making the second best Red Room graduate job to Elektra in pathetic fashion would have defeated the main purpose of the story that you described so accurately.
    Yeah, because Yelena defected much later. In the 2000s in our time, probably about two years ago in-universe?
    Last edited by Digifiend; 03-25-2022 at 08:08 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Oh that already happened in an actual 616 story and ended in a draw.

liu1.jpgliu2.jpg
    Hey thanks! Also for the scenes!

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Hey thanks! Also for the scenes!
    There was also this (non-canonical) one:

ihm1.jpgihm2.jpgihm3.jpg

They had a catfight over Matt here

There was also this (non-canonical) one:

ihm1.jpgihm2.jpgihm3.jpg

They had a catfight over Matt here
    Hahahaha, yes, it appears they did!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    Just pitch to Marvel already. You can't honestly think the writers they already have are going to independently come up with ideas similar to yours, let alone read your posts.
    It's all about the sales figures. A real shame that no writer has bothered to have Natasha as a reoccurring guest in the pages of Amazing Spider-Man. This is free advertisement to the Spider-readers because they would branch out to support the Black Widow solo series. Especially of some if some of Spider-Man's rogues and allies are part of the Black Widow's rogue galleries as well, such as Norman Osborn and The Chameleon respectively.

What would be interesting is to see The Taskmaster, Black Widow, and Spider-Man working together against Omega Red.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 03-28-2022 at 04:47 AM.