Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakronicity View Post
    I see the question has been asked, but KT hasn't been very active on twitter recently and has yet to answer. I can keep an eye on it and post here if she does though.
    That'd be cool, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    It has indeed been a really good Natasha BW book, doesn't mean #15 isn't the end of the line.
    I've read all the Nat BW books since mid-2000s and the Edmonson run was the longest at 20 issues. I was a bit stunned the Mark Waid title ended at 12 issues, that came as a surprise. I thought Waid + BW coming off his DD work would be a title that went to at least #25...but alas.
    Well the Waid/Samnee run ended one month before some infamous event by Nick Spencer started in which he had some pretty incisive ideas for Nat, so maybe that had something to do with her own book not continuing.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Never understood the allure of killing her off just to bring her back as a clone.
    “We’ve learned that quiet isn’t always peace and the norms and notions of what just is, isn’t always justice.”

Quote Originally Posted by tliscord View Post
    Never understood the allure of killing her off just to bring her back as a clone.
    Upping the stakes while still keeping a character they need around?

Finished my reading of Secret Avengers (2013). I haven't read it before but I don't feel like I need to. It was OK. That made me think though. Would you like to see her regulary in a team book again? I must say a strongly prefer the current arrangement with her small team of people and the occasional guests here and there.

I'm dying for a new secret Avengers to be frank.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    I'm dying for a new secret Avengers to be frank.
    Agree...take spies, military and thieves and put them to work on covert missions. Black Widow, U.S. Agent, War Machine, Mockingbird, Ant-Man, Black Cat (?), etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Finished my reading of Secret Avengers (2013). I haven't read it before but I don't feel like I need to. It was OK. That made me think though. Would you like to see her regulary in a team book again? I must say a strongly prefer the current arrangement with her small team of people and the occasional guests here and there.
    Secret Avengers is in theory a great concept but the execution has been lacking most of the time, at least for me. In a team dealing with espionage Natasha should normally be a key player, yet in all the SA runs only Ellis wrote her like that, under all the other writers she was just there (sometimes not even that when she vanished for several issues) and could have been replaced by any other hero. So basically the same problem as with any team book but in this case much less justifiable because her skill set should actually put her at the center here.

So obviously I very much prefer the current arrangement.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    It has indeed been a really good Natasha BW book, doesn't mean #15 isn't the end of the line.
    I've read all the Nat BW books since mid-2000s and the Edmonson run was the longest at 20 issues. I was a bit stunned the Mark Waid title ended at 12 issues, that came as a surprise. I thought Waid + BW coming off his DD work would be a title that went to at least #25...but alas.
    I'm convinced that the Waid/Samee run was a stealth mini.

I could’ve suffered more under Ellis and Lark. They did some great work.
    766D7EBE-2D7A-40F8-BC3E-C08BB954856F.jpg
    “We’ve learned that quiet isn’t always peace and the norms and notions of what just is, isn’t always justice.”

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    Secret Avengers is in theory a great concept but the execution has been lacking most of the time, at least for me. In a team dealing with espionage Natasha should normally be a key player, yet in all the SA runs only Ellis wrote her like that, under all the other writers she was just there (sometimes not even that when she vanished for several issues) and could have been replaced by any other hero. So basically the same problem as with any team book but in this case much less justifiable because her skill set should actually put her at the center here.

So obviously I very much prefer the current arrangement.
    I think I dropped SA in the middle of the Remender run for financial reasons and although I liked most of the issues of the series that I read over all, I think Ellis was the only person who tried to take the supposed premise ( Avengers doing covert missions/espionage ) seriously. But most of the title felt like just another Avengers spin off. It could have been West Coast Avengers and most of it would have still worked.

To me it mostly comes down to the fact that secret Avengers tends to include characters I really like meaning nat, Jess or Clint.
    But the inclusion of all 3 isn't the number one reason I like Kot's secret Avengers run the best.
    I just loved the comedic tone and look of that one while it still gave everyone involved plenty of time to be a badass.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Upping the stakes while still keeping a character they need around?
    It was also a classic Champion saving the life of a modern one.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    To me it mostly comes down to the fact that secret Avengers tends to include characters I really like meaning nat, Jess or Clint.
    But the inclusion of all 3 isn't the number one reason I like Kot's secret Avengers run the best.
    I just loved the comedic tone and look of that one while it still gave everyone involved plenty of time to be a badass.
    These are pretty much my exact thoughts. I loved Kot's run so much. It was so off the wall in the best possible way, and introduced interesting dynamics I never even considered but ended up enjoying immensely, like Maria Hill and MODOK. It was fun and funny, but also had some great character moments. Natasha having a spa day with Jess was a highlight, as how often do we get to see Natasha just hang out with friends anymore? And of course Nat/Clint/Jess is my golden trio and the foundation I am dying to have any team book built on.

I have a soft spot for these three
    25FA7BBD-2ADA-4C17-BFF5-B7E4DADE214B.jpg

Any more word on an issue #16 for May??