Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakronicity View Post
    These are pretty much my exact thoughts. I loved Kot's run so much. It was so off the wall in the best possible way, and introduced interesting dynamics I never even considered but ended up enjoying immensely, like Maria Hill and MODOK. It was fun and funny, but also had some great character moments. Natasha having a spa day with Jess was a highlight, as how often do we get to see Natasha just hang out with friends anymore? And of course Nat/Clint/Jess is my golden trio and the foundation I am dying to have any team book built on.
    Yeah well I know who I ask to co-write whenever marvel calls me to write an ongoing of my choosing ;D
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverScarlet View Post
    Any more word on an issue #16 for May??
    None that I am aware of.
    Thompson didn't respond whenever asked on twitter and some time prior to the solicits she posted something about having to pick herself up following a disappointing week or somesuch which could be completely unrelated oooor not.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    None that I am aware of.
    Thompson didn't respond whenever asked on twitter and some time prior to the solicits she posted something about having to pick herself up following a disappointing week or somesuch which could be completely unrelated oooor not.
    Let's hope it is unrelated because after all this time you would think Marvel would learn to talk with their creators and at least give them enough time to wrap things up.

Well I certainly have my fingers crossed.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

My Twitter

Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    I'm guessing he'll stab through the vents.

Any word on an issue #16?

Quote Originally Posted by SilverScarlet View Post
    Any word on an issue #16?
    Don't think so but complete solicitations for May should be announced this week so we'll know by then. Fully expecting that there won't be a BW #16 and the series is cancelled.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Given KT's silence on the matter and non specific grumpy tweets, so do I.

My Twitter

@Matternativ So tell us more about your thoughts on BuckyNat

@Matternativ So tell us more about your thoughts on BuckyNat
    Oh snap, you got me! Haha

Alright, let me put it in a spoiler box:
    spoilers:

__________________________________________________ ____

No ;p
    end of spoilers

My Twitter

Oh snap, you got me! Haha

Alright, let me put it in a spoiler box:
    spoilers:

No ;p
    end of spoilers
    Haha, too bad. Was curious about your reasons. As someone who doesn't want Nat to be in any relationship (guess one could call me a singleNat shipper) I'd say Bucky was the lesser evil compared to the others as he at least wasn't a complete douchebag towards her.

Haha, too bad. Was curious about your reasons. As someone who doesn't want Nat to be in any relationship (guess one could call me a singleNat shipper) I'd say Bucky was the lesser evil compared to the others as he at least wasn't a complete douchebag towards her.
    Well I'll give you that much: At least part of it (which is an issue I have with a lot of boats across fiction) is that a lot of the fans of it start treating the characters as way too co-dependent rather than individual characters who stand and exist on their own regardless of who they are with going so far as to constantly criticize every Nat story that doesn't deal with the Bucksman for a perceived omission.
    Some characters are designed to be a package deals, Natasha is not.

I'm not someone who really sails the shipping seas myself* I'm more than fine with "shipping Nat with herself" as you put it

*with the exception of the mean tweet I'll write when One Piece ends in 2943 without making Nami and Vivi a thing, lol

My Twitter

Well I'll give you that much: At least part of it (which is an issue I have with a lot of boats across fiction) is that a lot of the fans of it start treating the characters as way too co-dependent rather than individual characters who stand and exist on their own regardless of who they are with going so far as to constantly criticize every Nat story that doesn't deal with the Bucksman for a perceived omission.
    Some characters are designed to be a package deals, Natasha is not.

I'm not someone who really sails the shipping seas myself* I'm more than fine with "shipping Nat with herself" as you put it

*with the exception of the mean tweet I'll write when One Piece ends in 2943 without making Nami and Vivi a thing, lol
    I see what you mean about fans complaining about the two of them not being in each other's solos, but I think it would be less of an issue if Marvel didn't insist on breaking up good couples all the time. I actually think that if Natasha and Bucky were together, it would be less "controversial" (so to speak) when one of them didn't show up in the other one's stories.

Take Marjorie Liu's run on Black Widow as an example — it's highly regarded as one of Natasha's best solo runs, it's written while she and Bucky are dating, and yet it's a story about Natasha herself, and Bucky barely shows up. And when he does she up, she doesn't rely on him to save her; he just adds an extra sprinkle of romance into a story that's already well-rounded. And you don't hear shippers complaining that he doesn't appear often enough.

He shows up just as often in the most recent books where they're not together (I think her only recent solo where he hasn't appeared was the Madripoor one by the Soska sisters), but it's not satisfying, because Marvel teases them still being in love but won't actually put them back together. I think the complaints are happening because fans are worried that Marvel is going to have them drift apart and not be in each other's lives anymore, so the fans feel like they need to be louder about it to remind Marvel that people still want them together. If they were together and things felt like they were stable, the fans wouldn't feel as pressing a need to see them in each other's solos all the time.

I could be wrong — that's just the impression I get.

Speaking of love interests: Back when Clint and Matt fought over who should be with Nat, completely ignoring that maybe she should have a say in that matter. No wonder Tasha was more concerned for her beautiful bay window than for these two jerks

bay window.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    I see what you mean about fans complaining about the two of them not being in each other's solos, but I think it would be less of an issue if Marvel didn't insist on breaking up good couples all the time. I actually think that if Natasha and Bucky were together, it would be less "controversial" (so to speak) when one of them didn't show up in the other one's stories.

Take Marjorie Liu's run on Black Widow as an example — it's highly regarded as one of Natasha's best solo runs, it's written while she and Bucky are dating, and yet it's a story about Natasha herself, and Bucky barely shows up. And when he does she up, she doesn't rely on him to save her; he just adds an extra sprinkle of romance into a story that's already well-rounded. And you don't hear shippers complaining that he doesn't appear often enough.

He shows up just as often in the most recent books where they're not together (I think her only recent solo where he hasn't appeared was the Madripoor one by the Soska sisters), but it's not satisfying, because Marvel teases them still being in love but won't actually put them back together. I think the complaints are happening because fans are worried that Marvel is going to have them drift apart and not be in each other's lives anymore, so the fans feel like they need to be louder about it to remind Marvel that people still want them together. If they were together and things felt like they were stable, the fans wouldn't feel as pressing a need to see them in each other's solos all the time.

I could be wrong — that's just the impression I get.
    You speak my mind.
    “We’ve learned that quiet isn’t always peace and the norms and notions of what just is, isn’t always justice.”