Page 96 of 157 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 2354

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderX View Post
    I have no problem with the pairing as long as they make it plausible and meaningful. At the moment, it feels like Miles is a high school student from New Zealand while his girlfriend, Gwen, lives in Finland and he can only see her when his parents pay for the plane ticket.
    Completely agree I want them to build up a solid friendship and build them up from there. I want the meaningful enteractions and stories that allow them to develop from those experiences. I’m a sucker for good character development but sadly it seems to be lacking as of late when it comes to anything Spider-Man related in the comics especially on the peter Parker side of things.

Speaking of, we never found out what Tiana was doing when she was ignoring Miles' calls all those weeks. Which kind of makes me feel my fears about the intention behind this scene are true. That they're not hinting at Tiana being involved in something suspicious, but that Miles is somehow in the wrong here.

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    Speaking of, we never found out what Tiana was doing when she was ignoring Miles' calls all those weeks. Which kind of makes me feel my fears about the intention behind this scene are true. That they're not hinting at Tiana being involved in something suspicious, but that Miles is somehow in the wrong here.[/IMG]
    I cannot imagine anyone legitimately seeing Miles as in the wrong here. Especially after Miles' kidnapping experience, not hearing getting a response from someone in weeks is definitely cause for concern. I'd honestly just take it as one of those things that won't be explained, like how we never got an explanation on how Ultimatum got back to 616 or how he got any of his tech.

Fantastic Member

This is classic gaslighting by Tiana because knowing her background she probably isn't an emotionally available person and is framing it like Miles did something wrong instead of talk and explain.

Speaking of, we never found out what Tiana was doing when she was ignoring Miles' calls all those weeks. Which kind of makes me feel my fears about the intention behind this scene are true. That they're not hinting at Tiana being involved in something suspicious, but that Miles is somehow in the wrong here.
    There's still 2 more issues before the hand off to the new team. Assuming Marvel still does the "back in the box" thinking for the end of runs it could possibly get resolved in #42 since that issue is larger and seems to be completely removed from the current Mutliverse/alternate- world plot line.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Hmm, interesting.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Leonardo Romero's #42 variant:

Leonardo Romero's #42 variant:

Not bad. I'm hoping this last issue of Saladin Ahmed's run goes on a high note.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Not bad. I'm hoping this last issue of Saladin Ahmed's run goes on a high note.
    Same, I have a feeling the solicit isn't exactly as it appears to be since it can't be anything too big. Even if it's an oversized issue it's still the last issue, and I doubt the next writer would just pick up a plot that Ahmed left behind.

Fantastic Four's new creative team was just announced. Hopefully we'll get info about Miles's book this week too.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Fantastic Four's new creative team was just announced. Hopefully we'll get info about Miles's book this week too.
    Speaking of, we were having a discussion before on characters we'd like to see Miles do a teamup/crossover with. Honestly, Franklin and Valeria Richards felt like a no-brainer and I'm disappointed it hasn't happened already. Thinking about it, I believe Moongirl is the only young hero who interacted with the two throughout Slott's run on the book.

As for the relaunch, I'm still convinced it's probably going to be held back until closer to the Spider-Verse release. Kind of similar to what they did with this run as there was a gap between when Bendis' run ended and when Saladin's began. Maybe in the meanwhile, they do one of those 3-Part team-up minis for Miles as they've done with Kamala and Lunella.
    Last edited by CrimsonEchidna; 08-17-2022 at 01:44 PM.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I think the odds are decent we'll be getting it soon, considering November's solicits aren't too far away and the End of Spider-Verse stuff should be really kicking off by then.

Savage Avengers was pretty good and we got a bit of a look at how Miles ended up as he is now.
    spoilers:
    He managed to get the cosmic control rod off of Annihilus and used his venom blast to blow it up and stop the annihilation wave from getting to Earth. We still don't know who transformed him but he is back in control of is body.
    end of spoilers

Miles, or at least a version of Miles, was in Edge of Spider-Verse but it was more of a cameo.
    spoilers:
    Spider-UK however pulls of a trick I've seen some people around here talking about Miles doing, she used her own bio-electricity in relation to Earth's magnetic filed to glide and save herself from a fall. Like real spider do when ballooning.
    end of spoilers

Miles us featured on an X-treme variant for Spider-Man #2

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    I think the odds are decent we'll be getting it soon, considering November's solicits aren't too far away and the End of Spider-Verse stuff should be really kicking off by then.

Savage Avengers was pretty good and we got a bit of a look at how Miles ended up as he is now.
    spoilers:
    He managed to get the cosmic control rod off of Annihilus and used his venom blast to blow it up and stop the annihilation wave from getting to Earth. We still don't know who transformed him but he is back in control of is body.
    end of spoilers

Miles, or at least a version of Miles, was in Edge of Spider-Verse but it was more of a cameo.
    spoilers:
    Spider-UK however pulls of a trick I've seen some people around here talking about Miles doing, she used her own bio-electricity in relation to Earth's magnetic filed to glide and save herself from a fall. Like real spider do when ballooning.
    end of spoilers
    Having read both of those as well, I thought they were pretty cool, but that was also pretty awesome yet sad for Miles's future self --- in that timeline, anyway.

Miles us featured on an X-treme variant for Spider-Man #2
    EXTREME!