Page 11 of 157 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Oh snap, Ridley is going to write one of the What If issues?

Well damn, I'm actually kind of hoping Coates will end up writing an issue now. They never did reveal what the 5th mantle would be, so maybe it is Black Panther.

If I had to guess some other writers I'd say Vita Ayala, Danny Lore, and maybe Evan Narcisse would be safe bets.
    Last edited by CrimsonEchidna; 01-20-2022 at 09:56 AM.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Yay, Ultimatum .

Why would Weapon X grab some random kid to turn into a Wolverine? Do they know he was bitten by a Spider? Is that even a thing in all these What If's? I dunno, I feel like they're stretching these concepts thin.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    But yeah other than Billie. Starling I think will certainly stick around for the long haul. Assessor (assuming it survives) and Quantum I can also see stick around. Frost Pharaoh is an easy joke villain just like the Ultimate Shocker and the Bodega Bandit.
    I can see Starling sticking around as a Black Cat type but I don't think other writers are going to feel as much of a need to write her as Ahmed.

Incredible Member

Shift I'm actually convinced is going to wind up staying in the Ultimate Universe. I could say the same with Aaron. Maybe he decides to stay behind to be an actual family unit for Shift. At this point, I feel like they've kind of exhausted everything they can do with Aaron. His death was originally supposed to be the big pivotal moment in Miles' origin so it was always strange to me that Bendis was so quick to resurrect him.

But yeah other than Billie. Starling I think will certainly stick around for the long haul. Assessor (assuming it survives) and Quantum I can also see stick around. Frost Pharaoh is an easy joke villain just like the Ultimate Shocker and the Bodega Bandit.
    Bendis put Aaron on his redemptive path before Into the Spider-Verse and Insomniac kinda just made that his default setting. I thought bringing him back in the main universe jump was fine, the issue was he was brought back way too soon after leaving to "be better" and was found by Miles way too easily, he should not have still been in New York and Miles should not have just been able to walk up to his door step to reunite with him.

Lastly he should have remained the Iron Spider for the brief time he was do-gooding after reuniting with Miles and only becoming the Prowler again after going under Ultimatim's employ.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    And here's the April solicits

WHAT IF…MILES MORALES #2 (OF 5)
    JOHN RIDLEY (W) • FARID KARAMI (A) • Cover by SARA PICHELLI
    Concept Design Cover by PACO MEDINA
    Variant Cover by CARLOS PACHECO
    Variant Cover by Declan Shalvey
    MILES IS THE BEST THERE IS AT WHAT HE DOES…
    And in this reality, what he does isn't very nice. What if…Miles was taken from everything he ever knew – his family, his home, his life – and transformed into the most dangerous, immortal weapon of war the world has ever seen? Miles has been made into the Wolverine…but that doesn't mean he has to be what they made him…
    Ridely's a great writer so I'm looking forward to this. It also seems like Sara Pichelli will be doing the main covers so that'll be a real treat.

MILES MORALES: SPIDER-MAN #37
    SALADIN AHMED (W) • CHRIS ALLEN (A) • Cover by TAURIN CLARKE
    Variant Cover by KAEL NGU • SPIDER-MAN VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    • Miles and Shift survived Beyond and are thrust into an alter-dimensional quest that… Well… Know this…
    • The people who left on this quest aren't going to be the same people who come back.
    • Why is that? Ask Ultimatum.
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

Just what everyone wanted Ultimatum is back
    Im pretty Jazzed for Ultimatum returning......IF Ahmed is allowed to go all the way this time. His return back to 616 was constant teasing with no real pay off because Ahmed didn't(or wasn't allowed to) pull the trigger on making full use of the Ultimate Universe and now is what feels like one last chance to fix that.

Now I'm thinking this adventure won't be taking place in 1610, at least not the main part of the story. I wonder if they are somewhere similar to the Neutral Zone and this is where Aaron and co. were actually sent.

Could the changes that Ultimatum went through be similar to what happened to Blue Marvel's son? Could we see some sort of change/awakening in our Miles too? This could potentially be more interesting than I originally thought.

Astonishing Member

WHAT IF…MILES MORALES #2 (OF 5)
    JOHN RIDLEY (W) • FARID KARAMI (A) • Cover by SARA PICHELLI
    Concept Design Cover by PACO MEDINA
    Variant Cover by CARLOS PACHECO
    Variant Cover by Declan Shalvey
    MILES IS THE BEST THERE IS AT WHAT HE DOES…
    And in this reality, what he does isn't very nice. What if…Miles was taken from everything he ever knew – his family, his home, his life – and transformed into the most dangerous, immortal weapon of war the world has ever seen? Miles has been made into the Wolverine…but that doesn't mean he has to be what they made him…
    Ridely's a great writer so I'm looking forward to this. It also seems like Sara Pichelli will be doing the main covers so that'll be a real treat.

MILES MORALES: SPIDER-MAN #37
    SALADIN AHMED (W) • CHRIS ALLEN (A) • Cover by TAURIN CLARKE
    Variant Cover by KAEL NGU • SPIDER-MAN VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    • Miles and Shift survived Beyond and are thrust into an alter-dimensional quest that… Well… Know this…
    • The people who left on this quest aren't going to be the same people who come back.
    • Why is that? Ask Ultimatum.
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

Just what everyone wanted Ultimatum is back
    I thought Ziglar was going to write all 5 issues

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    I thought Ziglar was going to write all 5 issues
    I think it was mentioned each story would have a different writer in the announcement. Not sure, though.

Also, it'll be good to finally see Miles' under armor in the comic.
    Last edited by XenobladerX; 01-20-2022 at 04:56 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    I think it was mentioned each story would have a different writer in the announcement. Not sure, though.

Also, it'll be good to finally see Miles' under armor in the comic.
    Yeah, agreed.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Now that I'm looking at the cover again, Miles has some strong glutes .

Miles as Wolverine looks pretty sweet. I'm hoping there's Miles as Goliath or Hawkeye

Oh snap, Ridley is going to write one of the What If issues?

Well damn, I'm actually kind of hoping Coates will end up writing an issue now. They never did reveal what the 5th mantle would be, so maybe it is Black Panther.

If I had to guess some other writers I'd say Vita Ayala, Danny Lore, and maybe Evan Narcisse would be safe bets.
    This all seems fairly probable just going of what we've seen so far. And with the last hero being a mystery I'd expect them to be somebody major.

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    Now I'm thinking this adventure won't be taking place in 1610, at least not the main part of the story. I wonder if they are somewhere similar to the Neutral Zone and this is where Aaron and co. were actually sent.

Could the changes that Ultimatum went through be similar to what happened to Blue Marvel's son? Could we see some sort of change/awakening in our Miles too? This could potentially be more interesting than I originally thought.
    Tis makes a lot of sense especially if you take the covers into account, the first was just dimensional travel and the second location looks fairly abstract.

This all seems fairly probable just going of what we've seen so far. And with the last hero being a mystery I'd expect them to be somebody major.

Tis makes a lot of sense especially if you take the covers into account, the first was just dimensional travel and the second location looks fairly abstract.
    This may be where the Assessor or the ones who created him are from. Selim already implied the Assessor was more than an A.I., saying he was something beyond Miles' understanding, and there seems to be some sort of antagonistic relationship between him and Beyond. So, it would make sense if they originated from someplace like that.

Fantastic Member

Miles as the new Black Panther in a What if issue would make headlines, lol. Wonder what the suit would look like?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaychance View Post
    Miles as the new Black Panther in a What if issue would make headlines, lol. Wonder what the suit would look like?
    Maybe something like this, minus the spider of course.

By Frankie Perez
    Last edited by Dragonick; 01-20-2022 at 07:18 PM.

I like the red palms on the gloves; I think his new movie suit's got those. The jacket looks sick too. His mask reminds me a little too much of Deadpool though.