Page 61 of 157 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    First time we've seen Miles kill on page? I haven't read the Cap or Wolverine ones.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    No main Miles killed Solus back during Spider-Geddon with Sword Vigor.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Agreed, it's probably my favorite of the three so far.
    Yeah my takeaway is this was probably the best actual one-shot while the Captain America one I was actually left wishing it was a mini-series itself. The Wolverine one is definitely the weakest of the three.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I honestly keep forgetting what happened in Spidergeddon...
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I honestly keep forgetting what happened in Spidergeddon...
    end of spoilers
    You could be a Spider-Man Editor!

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    You could be a Spider-Man Editor!
    I wish I could take that as a compliment .

Real good issue. I was worried after that Wolverine outing last month but this was great.

spoilers:
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Technically he man-slaughtered his Uncle when trying to subdue him back in 1610 with his venom overloading Aarons shocker gauntlets blowing half of him up. He also merc'd some manned War Machines at the start of Divided we Fall when he diverted some missiles aimed for the new president Captain America.
    end of spoilers

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dron View Post
    Real good issue. I was worried after that Wolverine outing last month but this was great.

spoilers:
    Technically he man-slaughtered his Uncle when trying to subdue him back in 1610 with his venom overloading Aarons shocker gauntlets blowing half of him up. He also merc'd some manned War Machines at the start of Divided we Fall when he diverted some missiles aimed for the new president Captain America.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    If I recall right, an issue or two later, it was said that Aaron's gauntlets were already malfunctioning and close to exploding, anyway. The fight with Miles might have exacerbated or accelerated that inevitability, but I wouldn't hold Miles directly responsible for it. At most, it'd be involuntary manslaughter and in a court of law, he'd possibly get off with self-defense or defense of others, as from my recollection, Aaron got really indiscriminate near the end about who or what he was shooting at, endangering others besides himself and Miles.

That aside, I did appreciate how Aaron's death in this version, What If Miles Morales Became the Hulk, somewhat paralleled his death in Into the Spider-Verse, where at the end of his life, he did try to do right by Miles and protect him, and that was what got him killed by his employer, who didn't take kindly to him breaking their arrangement. I also appreciated Dr. Leonard Samson's meditation on anger, and how anger didn't have to be a purely destructive force, helping Miles see that he could use it to be a hero, even as the Hulk.
    end of spoilers
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I think the Hulk What If.. has been the best issue so far. They still used the Davis family drama to set up the story however, which doesn't give me much hope that the rest of the series will be any different. But at least they tried to do something different with Aaron wanting to be a better person for his nephew. I did like the Ultimate Universe inspired setting, though.

Oh, and about Miles' kill count lol. He also inadvertently killed the Tank in his guest appearance in Ironheart. Miles had trapped Tank in the mini portals that he created causing him to continuously loop between them until they eventually imploded, which according to Riri would kill him. Neither of them seemed to upset about it.
    Last edited by XenobladerX; 05-12-2022 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Yeah my takeaway is this was probably the best actual one-shot while the Captain America one I was actually left wishing it was a mini-series itself. The Wolverine one is definitely the weakest of the three.
    Agreed, I felt that they didn't want to pull the trigger on Miles channeling early weapon X Logan's feral/animalistic side enough. He really was missing a bit of edginess.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    spoilers:
    If I recall right, an issue or two later, it was said that Aaron's gauntlets were already malfunctioning and close to exploding, anyway. The fight with Miles might have exacerbated or accelerated that inevitability, but I wouldn't hold Miles directly responsible for it. At most, it'd be involuntary manslaughter and in a court of law, he'd possibly get off with self-defense or defense of others, as from my recollection, Aaron got really indiscriminate near the end about who or what he was shooting at, endangering others besides himself and Miles.

That aside, I did appreciate how Aaron's death in this version, What If Miles Morales Became the Hulk, somewhat paralleled his death in Into the Spider-Verse, where at the end of his life, he did try to do right by Miles and protect him, and that was what got him killed by his employer, who didn't take kindly to him breaking their arrangement. I also appreciated Dr. Leonard Samson's meditation on anger, and how anger didn't have to be a purely destructive force, helping Miles see that he could use it to be a hero, even as the Hulk.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    correct, Aaron took a hard fall that damaged the gauntlet, he even went "oh no" when he saw it was broken, but continued to use it anyway, which resulted in its malfunction and explosion. Miles just believed his power was responsible because he didn't know about the malfunction.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    spoilers:
    correct, Aaron took a hard fall that damaged the gauntlet, he even went "oh no" when he saw it was broken, but continued to use it anyway, which resulted in its malfunction and explosion. Miles just believed his power was responsible because he didn't know about the malfunction.
    end of spoilers
    And because Aaron, with his dying breath, decided to be an ass and told Miles that he was "just like me." Basically calling Miles a murderer.

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    And because Aaron, with his dying breath, decided to be an ass and told Miles that he was "just like me." Basically calling Miles a murderer.
    That moment always stays with me. Maybe that's why I never 100% buy into a "good" Aaron even if it's better for Miles.

That moment always stays with me. Maybe that's why I never 100% buy into a "good" Aaron even if it's better for Miles.
    I like good Aaron, but I think his redemption happened too soon and too easy.

Turns out the Hellfire gala variant for issue 39 is just of Black Widow

Also don't know if this is a spoiler or not but, the other variant for issue 39 tells a slightly different story than the main one. spoilers:
    It also has Selim in a bit of a variant of the usual suit.
    end of spoilers

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Turns out the Hellfire gala variant for issue 39 is just of Black Widow

Also don't know if this is a spoiler or not but, the other variant for issue 39 tells a slightly different story than the main one. spoilers:
    It also has Selim in a bit of a variant of the usual suit.
    end of spoilers
    Intriguing. Very intriguing.
    The spider is always on the hunt.