Page 97 of 157 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107147 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 2354

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Speaking of, we were having a discussion before on characters we'd like to see Miles do a teamup/crossover with. Honestly, Franklin and Valeria Richards felt like a no-brainer and I'm disappointed it hasn't happened already. Thinking about it, I believe Moongirl is the only young hero who interacted with the two throughout Slott's run on the book.
    I'd be for that. I figured they'd do something like that when Val and Frank got into that home alone situation and were trying to call on some heroes to back them up. Instead they called Parker and Logan. I think Slott just wanted to be the first writer to use the Spidey/Wolverine team up after the X-men/mutant embargo got lifted. I'd call the team "New'er Fantastic Four" or something.

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    Miles us featured on an X-treme variant for Spider-Man #2
    I like the vest. and the License Plate on Deadpool's car is a neat touch.

PETER PARKER & MILES MORALES: SPIDER-MEN DOUBLE TROUBLE #1 (OF 4)
    MARIKO TAMAKI & VITA AYALA (W) • GURIHIRU (A/C)
    Variant Cover by ROMY JONES
    Variant Cover by CHRISSIE ZULLO
    VARIANT COVER BY PEACH MOMOKO
    They're friends, heroes and…sidekicks? Peter has dragged Miles into Take Your Sidekick to Work Day, and Miles is not amused — they're both Spider-Man, after all! So when Peter makes a mistake that unleashes villainous shenanigans on New York City, it's up to Miles to save the day — and prove who's the true sidekick among the Spider-Men. Vita Ayala joins the fan-favorite team that brought you SPIDER-MAN & VENOM: DOUBLE TROUBLE and THOR & LOKI: DOUBLE TROUBLE for a brand-new adventure!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Another Gurihiru team-up comic .

Oh, so they're directly addressing the sidekick thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

PETER PARKER & MILES MORALES: SPIDER-MEN DOUBLE TROUBLE #1 (OF 4)
    MARIKO TAMAKI & VITA AYALA (W) • GURIHIRU (A/C)
    Variant Cover by ROMY JONES
    Variant Cover by CHRISSIE ZULLO
    VARIANT COVER BY PEACH MOMOKO
    They're friends, heroes and…sidekicks? Peter has dragged Miles into Take Your Sidekick to Work Day, and Miles is not amused — they're both Spider-Man, after all! So when Peter makes a mistake that unleashes villainous shenanigans on New York City, it's up to Miles to save the day — and prove who's the true sidekick among the Spider-Men. Vita Ayala joins the fan-favorite team that brought you SPIDER-MAN & VENOM: DOUBLE TROUBLE and THOR & LOKI: DOUBLE TROUBLE for a brand-new adventure!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    Cool, the Double Trouble books are pretty fun and I really like Gurihiru's art so I'm looking forward to this. So this, End of Spider-Verse stuff, and however long his role in Savage Avengers lasts is all the Miles content we know of until February for now.

Yeah, no solo book relaunch yet, but at least Miles isn't in limbo.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

As for the relaunch, I'm still convinced it's probably going to be held back until closer to the Spider-Verse release. Kind of similar to what they did with this run as there was a gap between when Bendis' run ended and when Saladin's began. Maybe in the meanwhile, they do one of those 3-Part team-up minis for Miles as they've done with Kamala and Lunella.
    I wasn't quite on the mark but I'm still going to say I called it.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Spectacular Member

I wasn't quite on the mark but I'm still going to say I called it.
    Are you talking about the Across the Spider-Verse movie? If you are, that movie releases almost 8 months after Issue #42. That is a long break. Are we going to get a manga style time skip?

Edit

Better yet, a manga style training arc? Condensed of course since comics don't come out weekly.
    Last edited by SpiderX; 08-18-2022 at 07:25 PM.

Yeah, I don't think they'll wait that long without a Miles ongoing. I think a relaunch might come after End of Spider-Verse, generally they release new titles spining-out of events.

Spectacular Member

Oh, I also had another question for the thread.

The Kingpin was originally a villain for Spider-Man, but is now almost as synonymous with Daredevil. Some would say that he is even more linked to Daredevil.

Which villain(s) would you bring over from another Marvel hero's rogues gallery and breathe new life into them as a villain(s) for Miles?

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderX View Post
    Oh, I also had another question for the thread.

The Kingpin was originally a villain for Spider-Man, but is now almost as synonymous with Daredevil. Some would say that he is even more linked to Daredevil.

Which villain(s) would you bring over from another Marvel hero's rogues gallery and breathe new life into them as a villain(s) for Miles?
    Alex Wilder, El Muerto (needs a revamp lol) and Judge is a potential blank slate to be a great villain.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

The new creative team for Iron Man has been announced. We really should be getting an announcement for Miles' new book soon. I'd expect the relaunch to come out around December-January, similar to Ahmed's run.

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    The new creative team for Iron Man has been announced. We really should be getting an announcement for Miles' new book soon. I'd expect the relaunch to come out around December-January, similar to Ahmed's run.
    Maybe. It may be tied directly to the results of Spider-man + the end of Spider-Verse. I don't remember them holding off on book announcements for spoilers though. Interested who Saladin wanted to take over the book

At this point it's hard to tell when we'll get the book announcement. Like Crimson said there was a gap between the end of Bendis' run and the start of Ahmed's run. That gap was seven months compared to the possible eight months that would happened if they held off for the movie to release, so it's not like a long time without a solo isn't possible. On the other hand Miles' profile has only grown more since then and before the movie got pushed back there were no signs of the book get relaunched that I remember. And looking at the Miles appearances we have confirmed so far we have an event that I at least hope doesn't last all the way until June; Savage Avengers which isn't the main Miles and could just be there for the arc; and the Double Trouble book that ends in February which would still leave four months without something involving Miles as a main character. I just don't know if at this point Marvel would go that long without a book that has Miles play at least a major role.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Possible Shift self sacrifice incoming?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    At this point it's hard to tell when we'll get the book announcement. Like Crimson said there was a gap between the end of Bendis' run and the start of Ahmed's run. That gap was seven months compared to the possible eight months that would happened if they held off for the movie to release, so it's not like a long time without a solo isn't possible. On the other hand Miles' profile has only grown more since then and before the movie got pushed back there were no signs of the book get relaunched that I remember. And looking at the Miles appearances we have confirmed so far we have an event that I at least hope doesn't last all the way until June; Savage Avengers which isn't the main Miles and could just be there for the arc; and the Double Trouble book that ends in February which would still leave four months without something involving Miles as a main character. I just don't know if at this point Marvel would go that long without a book that has Miles play at least a major role.

Possible Shift self sacrifice incoming?
    Wow! I didn’t realize the gap between Bendis and Ahmed was so long. Was Miles in any other books at that time?