Page 10 of 157 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Yeah the costume I'm fully expecting to get canned if/when the next writer comes on board. I think it's okay but it's largely been considered a miss. I like some of the fanart for it.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Yeah. I wanted to give the suit a chance, but it hasn't been working out. The best it's looked was in that Beyond crossover with Ben.

Fantastic Member

This feels like after the 1610 visit everything will be put back into the box for the next writer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaychance View Post
    This feels like after the 1610 visit everything will be put back into the box for the next writer.
    Well, at least as much as anything can in this run. Can't undo the baby sister, but you can probably send Shift off somewhere and get the old suit back. And Aaron.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    Yeah. I wanted to give the suit a chance, but it hasn't been working out. The best it's looked was in that Beyond crossover with Ben.
    Carlos Gomez did the art for that one, if I recall right. As a great artist in general . . . maybe that's why it looked so good there.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

The thing about the suit is that it can look good but it needs to really be focused on to get it right which means it's not really suited to being drawn multiple times in an issue. So yeah no way the suit makes it to the next run. Also Zigler is writing Spider-Man again this time it's Hobbie and with this “‘I want to write Spider-Man, but if it’s a black Spider-Man? I’m the guy that you want to come to.’” being said in the interview so if him being an option for the next Miles writer wasn't blatant already.
    https://www.denofgeek.com/comics/most-punk-rock-spider-man-finally-gets-marvel-series/]

Fantastic Member

I guess Zigler kept bugging about writing Miles they gave him something else to do, I'm not expecting the suit to return to 616 with Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    The thing about the suit is that it can look good but it needs to really be focused on to get it right which means it's not really suited to being drawn multiple times in an issue. So yeah no way the suit makes it to the next run. Also Zigler is writing Spider-Man again this time it's Hobbie and with this “‘I want to write Spider-Man, but if it’s a black Spider-Man? I’m the guy that you want to come to.’” being said in the interview so if him being an option for the next Miles writer wasn't blatant already.
    https://www.denofgeek.com/comics/most-punk-rock-spider-man-finally-gets-marvel-series/]
    Heh. When I first read that it seemed to me like he wasn't going to write Miles. They were like "Hey, you wanna write a black Spider-Man? Here's Hobie."

Heh. When I first read that it seemed to me like he wasn't going to write Miles. They were like "Hey, you wanna write a black Spider-Man? Here's Hobie."
    I can see it that way too now that you mention it. And besides Hobie potentially being in Across the Spider-Verse, which is probable, it does seem like a bit of a bone being thrown to the guy.

And being honest I can even see Shift not making it back to 616 with Miles considering besides Miles (and maybe Ganke) I don't think anyone knows he exists.

I can see it that way too now that you mention it. And besides Hobie potentially being in Across the Spider-Verse, which is probable, it does seem like a bit of a bone being thrown to the guy.

And being honest I can even see Shift not making it back to 616 with Miles considering besides Miles (and maybe Ganke) I don't think anyone knows he exists.
    I think it would be a shame if Shift got left behind; he could be such an interesting addition to the supporting cast. Although, that was one of the first things that came to mind when the solicits came out.

I think it would be a shame if Shift got left behind; he could be such an interesting addition to the supporting cast. Although, that was one of the first things that came to mind when the solicits came out.
    I think Shift has always had a ticking clock for how long he was in the book what with being a clone and just being the way he is.

That pretty much sums up the issue, spoilers:
    surprised to see Miles flat out say he was gonna kill Quantum though.
    end of spoilers Also Miles' lenses were the wrong color the entire issue.
    I skimmed through the issue a few times to see if there was some reason why his eyes were white, thought I was going crazy!

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, at least as much as anything can in this run. Can't undo the baby sister, but you can probably send Shift off somewhere and get the old suit back. And Aaron.
    Shift I'm actually convinced is going to wind up staying in the Ultimate Universe. I could say the same with Aaron. Maybe he decides to stay behind to be an actual family unit for Shift. At this point, I feel like they've kind of exhausted everything they can do with Aaron. His death was originally supposed to be the big pivotal moment in Miles' origin so it was always strange to me that Bendis was so quick to resurrect him.

But yeah other than Billie. Starling I think will certainly stick around for the long haul. Assessor (assuming it survives) and Quantum I can also see stick around. Frost Pharaoh is an easy joke villain just like the Ultimate Shocker and the Bodega Bandit.
    Last edited by CrimsonEchidna; 01-20-2022 at 06:23 AM.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

And here's the April solicits

WHAT IF…MILES MORALES #2 (OF 5)
    JOHN RIDLEY (W) • FARID KARAMI (A) • Cover by SARA PICHELLI
    Concept Design Cover by PACO MEDINA
    Variant Cover by CARLOS PACHECO
    Variant Cover by Declan Shalvey
    MILES IS THE BEST THERE IS AT WHAT HE DOES…
    And in this reality, what he does isn't very nice. What if…Miles was taken from everything he ever knew – his family, his home, his life – and transformed into the most dangerous, immortal weapon of war the world has ever seen? Miles has been made into the Wolverine…but that doesn't mean he has to be what they made him…
    Ridely's a great writer so I'm looking forward to this. It also seems like Sara Pichelli will be doing the main covers so that'll be a real treat.

MILES MORALES: SPIDER-MAN #37
    SALADIN AHMED (W) • CHRIS ALLEN (A) • Cover by TAURIN CLARKE
    Variant Cover by KAEL NGU • SPIDER-MAN VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    • Miles and Shift survived Beyond and are thrust into an alter-dimensional quest that… Well… Know this…
    • The people who left on this quest aren't going to be the same people who come back.
    • Why is that? Ask Ultimatum.
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

Just what everyone wanted Ultimatum is back

Fantastic Member

So Miles loses the new suit, Aaron is an ******* again after getting his memories back, and possibly Miles(616) controls New York in the ultimate universe?