Page 13 of 157 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jaychance View Post
    Does anyone else find it interesting that ever since Into the Spiderverse Miles and Gwen have become to be known as the Spiders travel the multiverse more often than Petter?
    isn't because they actually traveled more than Peter like besides Spider verse when was the last time Peter did a multiverse adventure? I think he did one in Chip Spectacular Spider man run but that was the last time I remember Peter doing something. Gwen was going back and forth with her universe and the 616 and Miles had a multiverse book a couple years ago I believe
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Fantastic Member

Looking this up, Peter didn't start hopping realities til the early 90s and hasn't done much until SpiderMen I so yea Miles has had more multiverse adventures than Peter.

Astonishing Member

Looking this up, Peter didn't start hopping realities til the early 90s and hasn't done much until SpiderMen I so yea Miles has had more multiverse adventures than Peter.
    Possibly because Miles comes from an alternative reality before he started to life officially in the main 616-Earth.

Does anyone else find it interesting that ever since Into the Spiderverse Miles and Gwen have become to be known as the Spiders that travel the multiverse more often than Peter?
    All things considered it's not really surprising, besides the cartoon/comic Spider-Verse and Spider-Men multiverse stuff's never really been Peter's thing. Plus since Miles and Gwen are both relatively new so it's easy to integrate something big like multiverse stuff into them. With Peter it can feel tacked on, sorta like how some people feel about the magical aspect of the Spider-Verse Peter being involved with magic period. Comparatively it'd be much easier for a writer to work in magic to Miles or Gwen's mythos if they wanted to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    isn't because they actually traveled more than Peter like besides Spider verse when was the last time Peter did a multiverse adventure? I think he did one in Chip Spectacular Spider man run but that was the last time I remember Peter doing something. Gwen was going back and forth with her universe and the 616 and Miles had a multiverse book a couple years ago I believe
    He was also the protagonist of Spider-Geddon since Peter wasn't even in the main book and Miles got to take down Solus solo.

Incredible Member

Does anyone else find it interesting that ever since Into the Spiderverse Miles and Gwen have become to be known as the Spiders that travel the multiverse more often than Peter?
    I find it ironic since Miles was effectively sidelined from the main plot of the very first Spider-Verse. But since then? Yeah, he's since become the de facto Spider-Verse-Man.

Being from an alternate universe defines them more than Peter and helps give them a niche.

Although ironically the precursors to Spider-Verse (90's cartoon Clone Saga and Shattered Dimensions) were Peter-centric...

Quote Originally Posted by Dron View Post
    Maybe a tie in with that invasion storyline? But a lot of that and the Champions event Outlawed got gutted due to the pandemic. I know Thor had a big one where his mother would be revealed to be the Phoenix.
    Empyre was gutted, yes - and Thor's was one of the cancelled tie-ins, so it's probably that. Outlawed though, everything that was announced came out except for New Warriors. Though the delay did mean Champions lost it's creative team half way through (the original artist left after issue 3, a fill-in artist did issues 4 and 5, at which point the writer also left and was replaced), and they assigned the artist who was supposed to do NW to complete the run.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 01-22-2022 at 06:16 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Although ironically the precursors to Spider-Verse (90's cartoon Clone Saga and Shattered Dimensions) were Peter-centric...
    Funny that they had the Clone Saga happen in an alternate universe and end up as the catalyst for the near-destruction of all reality . . . some kind of allegory for how Marvel nearly went bankrupt in the 90s as a result of all the insane stunts being pulled in that decade while failing to keep financially solvent?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Some artwork featuring Miles by Dike Ruan:

I would love it if he could be the main artist for a Miles book. He did the artwork for issue 3 of Miles' Spider-verse miniseries and it looked great.

Incredible Member

That was before Dan Slott got his hands on Amazing Spider-Man wholesale. Sure other Spiders existed along with Peter before then, but the "Spider-Verse" only really became a thing when Dan blew the lid off of the concept througout his AMS tenure up til about All New All Different Marvel.

Edit: oh yeah Ben got dragged back out during ANADM. So yeah pretty much Dan Slott's entire run lol.

I wonder if they'll ever bring up those times Black Cat tried to kill him...

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    Some artwork featuring Miles by Dike Ruan:

I would love it if he could be the main artist for a Miles book. He did the artwork for issue 3 of Miles' Spider-verse miniseries and it looked great.
    Yeah, that would be great.

I wonder if they'll ever bring up those times Black Cat tried to kill him...
    Hmm, that would be pretty awkward.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

FCBD Marvel Voices cover. I believe it's mostly a collection of stories from past Voices issues (except for a new Moon Girl story). Miles' will be the one that was written by John Ridley.

Mike Mayhew #35 Variant

Some great fanart of of What If Wolverine Miles