Page 93 of 157 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 2354

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    [*] Danika running a podcast.
    Isn't that from the comics in the first place? It's how the world found out the teenage Spider-Man was black, his costume was torn and Danika posted the footage online. That happened near the beginning of Bendis's last series.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Niffleheim

I don't play the games but wasn't Danika a youtuber in the comic and going so far as speculating if miles was black or brown based on a torn costume? when did she start being a podcaster in the comic?
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Starling is in the next ASM issue. She's finally seen sense and disowned her grandfather.
    https://aiptcomics.com/2022/08/04/ex...-spider-man-7/
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    [*] A Maker Storyline - At his point, it's weird that it's been 6 years now, and these two have not had a single storyline together.
    It is strange there's been no storyline, but at this point I'm convinced any Maker storylines in the immediate future will be handled by Cates. Maybe we'll get that story if Cates ends up as the next writer.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Starling is in the next ASM issue. She's finally seen sense and disowned her grandfather.
    https://aiptcomics.com/2022/08/04/ex...-spider-man-7/
    I'm glad it's clearly stated Starling was in denial about it, because Vulture is about as subtle about his villainy as a train accident.

Personally, I kind of enjoy that most iterations of Miles have a different artistic outlet. With Comics Miles having Writing, The films having graffiti, The Dis-junior show having straight up painting and the Insomni-verse going for music (I'm waiting for Cooking Miles. That will probably be my favorite). It helps with differentiating each version from one another.

I know Miles is going to appear in the ASM A.X.E. tie in , but I wonder if he's going to show up next week since Tiana was in the preview. The 1st view of him post that half a year skip.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dron View Post
    Personally, I kind of enjoy that most iterations of Miles have a different artistic outlet. With Comics Miles having Writing, The films having graffiti, The Dis-junior show having straight up painting and the Insomni-verse going for music (I'm waiting for Cooking Miles. That will probably be my favorite). It helps with differentiating each version from one another.

I know Miles is going to appear in the ASM A.X.E. tie in , but I wonder if he's going to show up next week since Tiana was in the preview. The 1st view of him post that half a year skip.
    I've also come to quite enjoy the breadth of artistic expressions Miles has across his incarnations. And I would love to see Miles the young chef at some point.

Fantastic Member

Danika was a youtuber in the comics and had a crush on Brooklyn's Spider-Man, she loved the fact it was confirmed through footage that his skin was brown from the tears in his suit. She loved the idea that the new Spider was a PoC or black, Miles didn't want to be known as the Black Spider-Man and then we had the plot that went nowhere that Danika was maybe dating Ganke just to get to Spider-Man(Miles) because he said he was Spider-Man's best friend and makes his webs. In the games Danika is podcaster? because during the story instead of JJJ screaming at Spider-Man, Danika is behind Spider-Man and is glad they have a Harlem Spider-Man that watches out for them.

Niffleheim

Ah! great I thought I missed something but I suspected Danika's got some development outside of Miles' book.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Dron View Post

Won't that six month timeskip age him out of school? Probably best that he doesn't show up until his own book catches up.

Niffleheim

What half a year skip?

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    What half a year skip?
    ASM had a 6 month time skip at the end of Beyond that set up it's new status quo of Peter being hated by / losing most of his cast, getting chummy with the X-men and Norman Osborn becoming his boss/mentor/father figure. Miles book and current arc are still in the direct results of Morales' part in Spider-man Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Won't that six month timeskip age him out of school? Probably best that he doesn't show up until his own book catches up.
    Maybe, but Tiana did make an appearance in this new future. Miles can't be far behind. I think it was his 10th anniversary side story that mentioned the troubles ASM was going through right now.

Niffleheim

Thanks for the info I stopped following ASM after Spencer left.

You know what I really want to see? Just Miles having fun. I want to see him hanging out with his friends or engaging in some sort of hobby.

We've seen a Switch in his room a couple of times, they could have a couple of panels of him playing it in bed. He said he likes anime in Darkhawk, so let's see him watching something or discussing it with someone else.

And speaking of hobbies give Ganke his LEGOs back.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    You know what I really want to see? Just Miles having fun. I want to see him hanging out with his friends or engaging in some sort of hobby.

We've seen a Switch in his room a couple of times, they could have a couple of panels of him playing it in bed. He said he likes anime in Darkhawk, so let's see him watching something or discussing it with someone else.

And speaking of hobbies give Ganke his LEGOs back.
    I like that idea. Could say the same about a lot of these characters, though. Nobody's really able to relax and enjoy themselves anymore, it's all about the next big saga or next big fight.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I like that idea. Could say the same about a lot of these characters, though. Nobody's really able to relax and enjoy themselves anymore, it's all about the next big saga or next big fight.
    That is so true. I always think of the X-Men having a friendly baseball game on the school grounds. Back then, you might have had an annual where that type of stuff would happen.

They could have a story where Miles gets a power dampener as Peter had in that one Free Comic Book Day comic. In that issue, Shang Chi was training him how to fight when he temporarily lost his Spider-Sense.

Miles could wear one for a "no powers" game of 21 with Ganke and Judge.

I was also thinking I wish Miles would use his webs more creatively. I think it would be cool if he got some training from someone on how to use them as rope darts/meteor hammers.

During a battle, he could use his webs to pick up debris, giving them weight and striking force.

Of course, his spider-man acrobatics would be on full display for mid-air attacking.