Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
Twice actually. Issues 31 and 38. I think issue 31 was probably a tryout for successors to G Willow Wilson, as the other two writers on that issue were Hasan Minhaj and Rainbow Rowell, Rowell being the Runaways writer. Issue 38 was co-written by Wilson, Ahmed, Jim Zub (Champions writer), Eve Ewing (Marvel Team-Up and then-future Champions writer), and Devin Grayson (Marvel Rising writer) - the only major Kamala writer not involved was Mark Waid, writer of ANAD Avengers and creator of the Champions. That issue was basically her previous writers handing over to the new guy.

They certainly did a better job of the transition than when Bendis left - unlike Kamala's, Miles's book ended up on hiatus for months! And Bendis left in such a hurry his last couple of issues used an incorrect Champions roster (Cyclops AND Ironheart, when Riri was actually one of Scott's replacements and he should've used Unstoppable Wasp instead of the X-Man).
That was such a weird thing, I still think something happened because I remember hearing Bendis say he spoke to his replacement and Ahmed later saying they hadn't spoken. And I can't think of a reason for either to lie about it.