Page 119 of 157 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 2354
    Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    According to Ziglar at the Marvel Voices panel at Comic-Con, Miles will be getting "new Black mentors to look up to and learn from". So it seems like it won't just be Misty. I don't know how I feel about that. Miles has never really had one in his main comics continuity and after the all the experience he's had as a hero, I feel like it's too late to try to act like he needs anyone to guide him (unless there's something very specific that he needs to learn). Heck, earlier this year Miles himself has been shown giving guidance to two newer heroes (Darkhawk and Amulet).

I also don't want there to be a lot of situations where Miles needs to team-up with all these other heroes to fight his opponents. One 'problem' with Ahmed's run was that, for a majority of of his fights, Miles had to team-up with other people to in order to win or get out of certain situations. It feels like it was rare for Miles to be allowed to handle things on his own.
    I would rather Miles team would other young heroes then mentor stuff. Although I have always liked the thought of Miles chilling with either T'challa or Blade, who has his daughter finally showing up so it could happen. Lol

According to Ziglar at the Marvel Voices panel at Comic-Con, Miles will be getting "new Black mentors to look up to and learn from". So it seems like it won't just be Misty. I don't know how I feel about that. Miles has never really had one in his main comics continuity and after the all the experience he's had as a hero, I feel like it's too late to try to act like he needs anyone to guide him (unless there's something very specific that he needs to learn). Heck, earlier this year Miles himself has been shown giving guidance to two newer heroes (Darkhawk and Amulet).

I also don't want there to be a lot of situations where Miles needs to team-up with all these other heroes to fight his opponents. One 'problem' with Ahmed's run was that, for a majority of of his fights, Miles had to team-up with other people to in order to win or get out of certain situations. It feels like it was rare for Miles to be allowed to handle things on his own.
    Agreed on all parts. I think much like Peter part of Miles' appeal was that he was going at things on his own and his good heart lead him to making the right choices. At this point it's way too late to be pretending like Miles needs some kind of guidance and just comes off as an excuse to write other characters. I remember being concerned about Ziglar getting Miles' dialogue right now I'm concerned about him getting his character right.

Some artwork that they showed at the panel:

I'm glad that he still has red soles on his costume.

From the wording it does seem like a bit of regression or maybe a 'soft reboot'. Not a big fan of the 'mentee' angle Ziglar has been describing for Miles in the news circuit since his announcement as the new writer. The logic might be that Miles is one of the bigger (if not biggest) Black heroes Marvel has at the moment (They throw him on the cover when ever they have some sort of feature or something) but doesn't have much of a connection with the other ones? But really Miles is fairly isolated from the entirety of Marvel in general during Ahmed's run and there's still tons of large figures or groups he's yet to encounter or interact with, such as the mutants since Krakoa started, any of the F4 since they got back, Young Avengers, or even NYC street level characters. My guess is that (at least the first part) will be a circuit of acclimating Morales with the black hero community with the likes of Misty Knight, Luke Cage, Storm, T'challa/Shuri etc. Might be a bit of a red flag, but I'll wait to see more. The preview art vs. the scorpion looked good.

Fantastic Member

It seems like Miles will be "Learning" from the team up issues but Miles has been doing this the longest out of the 2010 heroes so he doesn't really need a mentor. If anything the new heroes of now would look to him as a mentor because he's closer to their age and has been active for a while, if you have faced world destroying threats and traveled the multiverse dozens of times you don't really need a mentor.
    FekGFciXgAEmPt2.jpg

Mentors are antithetical to Spider-Man in my opinion.

Hmmmmm, honestly I’m not feeling that it feels unnecessary especially this late in the game isn’t he about to start college soon?

Yeah, he just won a scholarship in Ahmed's final issue. So, while the solicit for the relaunch did mention school, I assume that's college and not Brooklyn Visions.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    I would rather Miles team would other young heroes then mentor stuff. Although I have always liked the thought of Miles chilling with either T'challa or Blade, who has his daughter finally showing up so it could happen. Lol
    As someone who loved the 90s animated episodes teaming up Peter's Spider-Man with Blade, I'd also love to see how Miles would approach interacting with Blade. And yes, more team-ups with T'Challa/Black Panther would be cool, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Mentors are antithetical to Spider-Man in my opinion.
    Yeah, I don't mind either Miles or Peter as Spider-Man respecting an older, more established superhero enough to learn a few things from them, but it shouldn't be a straightforward mentorship thing, as the charm of Spider-Man was that he had to learn how to be a hero on his own without having a friendly and more experienced superhero to guide him.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Agreed on all parts. I think much like Peter part of Miles' appeal was that he was going at things on his own and his good heart lead him to making the right choices. At this point it's way too late to be pretending like Miles needs some kind of guidance and just comes off as an excuse to write other characters. I remember being concerned about Ziglar getting Miles' dialogue right now I'm concerned about him getting his character right.
    Because that is what it is.

And this is NOTHING new-we saw this with another black character....

STATIC. Funny how 1993 Static trained himself and made all his stuff. Yet since his cartoon needed Richie, Hardware, Deacon and Black Lightning.

Might be a bit of a red flag, but I'll wait to see more.
    It's a flag.

When they were all in Black Panther for black heroes only event-how many of them even talked to Miles?

Where were they in Civil War 2? Miles having visions of killing Cap America. None of them were looking for Miles when he was crying.

What are they going to do give him his "black" card?

Incredible Member

Our Boy getting his next Omni collecting Ahmed's run among other issues during his run

https://youtu.be/josoaDngyc4

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    Our Boy getting his next Omni collecting Ahmed's run among other issues during his run

Looks like the Iron Man Infinite Destinies Annual with Miles is not included in the OMNIBUS.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post

Oh nice. It'd be good to re-vist the start of Saladin's run again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Looks like the Iron Man Infinite Destinies Annual with Miles is not included in the OMNIBUS.
    Is that the one were Iron Man confronts the Assessor and blows him out of his hideout?

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Dron View Post
    Is that the one were Iron Man confronts the Assessor and blows him out of his hideout?
    Yep. They should have included it in this omnibus, it's so cathartic reading that Annual after Assesor put Miles through.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    I think it's not included because Ahmed wasn't the writer for that one. If I'm not mistaken in my recollection, Jed MacKay handled writing duties for it. Still was a good read, though. Quite satisfying to see someone make Assessor sweat a little, proverbially speaking, for what it did to Miles.
    The spider is always on the hunt.