Page 122 of 157 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 2354

I prefer the blue venom energy he has from itsv but I do also love the original yellow/gold energy as well. I would love to see Miles pull off similar attacks and display the same level of power as his insomniac counterpart in across and beyond the spiderverse. Who knows maybe his venom power will evolve into the yellow venom energy threw the films.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    I prefer the gold, I think it compliments the costume best.

I don't see any reason for an adult Miles to be a bit above the typical Spider-Man power level. He got his powers around the start of puberty I don't see why they wouldn't grow with him. It'd be kind of disappointing if we saw Miles as a grown man and all he can do with his powers is basically the same stuff he did when he first got them. One day I'd like to see a full story about a fully grown Miles and what he's accomplished and what he can do. The only adult Miles we've seen were either minor appearances or he was too old to do much of anything. Plus look at game Miles he can do all kinds of things with his powers comic Miles can't, and will likely do even more in the next game, and no one complained about it. Also the venom jump that drags enemies up into the air is 100 percent electromagnetism so Magneto comparison isn't too far stretched.
    Im talking strictly through the lens of keeping Miles a friendly neighborhood Spider-Man, im not against him becoming stronger, but him becoming a secondary Master of Magnet would sufficently scale him out of simply patrolling Brooklyn, he could and should be doing more at that point. An alternate maxed out Miles would just give me what i want(lol) without breaking what Marvel assumedly wants for the character currently, which is friendly neighborhood Spider-Man.

But yes, im all in favor our boy becoming stronger with his abilites.

I'm partial to the Gold/Yellow, especially when it's got big crackles everywhere. I think that looks stylish. I really do like the Blue in the movie. Red could look nice but in the 2 places it was featured (The Ultimate Cartoon, and Spider-man 2017) it looked a little flat? Like it needed some shading out like a black outline or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    Im talking strictly through the lens of keeping Miles a friendly neighborhood Spider-Man, im not against him becoming stronger, but him becoming a secondary Master of Magnet would sufficently scale him out of simply patrolling Brooklyn, he could and should be doing more at that point. An alternate maxed out Miles would just give me what i want(lol) without breaking what Marvel assumedly wants for the character currently, which is friendly neighborhood Spider-Man.

But yes, im all in favor our boy becoming stronger with his abilites.
    I can understand the concern, but I think it's really just a matter of giving him some rogues on his level. Just regular spider powers scale fairly high, most things he'd see on patrol on an average day are no real threat to him even as he is now. Look at Peter for example many of his rogues imo are above what any non spider powered hero could take on and he still does patrols. And Miles fairly regularly does non neighborhood stuff whether it's Spider-Verse stuff; Champions duties; or even something like Assessor and Quantum. All you need to do is have more Assessors and Quantums and less Snatchers. Plus I think friendly neighborhood is less about who and how you fight and more about who you fight for, raising Miles' and by extension his villains capabilities, is fine as long as it's made clear that it's being done for the people of Brooklyn. It's why I think the book could really benefit from showing Miles interacting more with the people in the neighborhood both in and out of costume.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderX View Post
    What color does everyone prefer for the venom blast?

Also, do you remember when it was just pop art lightning bolts?

I'm going to throw my thoughts out there about the mentor thing. I don't have a particular problem with it. Many people at different ages and stages of their lives have mentors in their field. People who might even be considered highly competent or skilled professionals may have mentors.

I also think there's nothing wrong with Miles learning a fighting style or martial art/combat techniques to add to his combat prowess. He's a fan of kung fu movies. Then have him think like Bruce Lee and take Jeet Kune Do/MMA approach to this style.
    I can respect that.

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    I prefer the golden color.

I wouldn't mind Miles picking up different skills or fighting styles from other people and making them his own. I've always wanted him to have some sort of training after the Tokyo arc. I just don't want Miles to be portrayed as more inexperienced or incapable than he actually is. But if they do this like an rpg and have Miles level up and eventually take everything he's learned over the course of the series to take on whoever the big bad of the book will be, I think that could potentially be pretty cool.
    Good points (and ideas) there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    I can understand the concern, but I think it's really just a matter of giving him some rogues on his level. Just regular spider powers scale fairly high, most things he'd see on patrol on an average day are no real threat to him even as he is now. Look at Peter for example many of his rogues imo are above what any non spider powered hero could take on and he still does patrols. And Miles fairly regularly does non neighborhood stuff whether it's Spider-Verse stuff; Champions duties; or even something like Assessor and Quantum. All you need to do is have more Assessors and Quantums and less Snatchers. Plus I think friendly neighborhood is less about who and how you fight and more about who you fight for, raising Miles' and by extension his villains capabilities, is fine as long as it's made clear that it's being done for the people of Brooklyn. It's why I think the book could really benefit from showing Miles interacting more with the people in the neighborhood both in and out of costume.
    Funny enough, Daredevil says to Iron Man shortly before he goes to prison in Chip Zdarsky's run, "You call it 'street-level.' I call it 'people-level.'" The overarching idea of that line should sum up just about perfectly what a "friendly neighborhood Spider-Man" is all about --- protecting and looking out for people, regardless of whatever or whoever it is that's threatening to harm them. Hell, it perfectly encompasses the ethos behind "street-level" heroics in general.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Spectacular Member

If I had the skill and opportunity to write Miles for Marvel, I would have had the development of some of his powers be a slow burn. He would develop the base Spider-Man abilities reasonably quickly, followed by his Venom blast and his camouflage. His body would need time to create the complex biological systems that provide those abilities. E.g., growing new skin for the camouflage ability and enhancing his nervous system for the venom blast,

While going through puberty, his powers would gradually increase. He could even learn that through some pivotal moments in the Bendis run on the book. For example, in the scene where Ultimate Taskmaster absorbs and copies Miles’ Venom Blast and then shoots a Venom Blast bolt through Jessica Drew (1610). Sometime after the battle, Miles could think about what happened and experiment with the range of his Venom Blast. How his Mega Venom Blast debuted while he was in that highly stressful situation with Ultimate Doom was great.

Although I think the Venom Blast webbing went a bit too far, I believe Miles would do well to have organic webbing. Have him use different hand gestures to produce various kinds of silk. Use the iconic Spider-Man hand motion for web-swinging. He could even use his venom blast to charge the web, so it becomes positively attracted to targets like spiders in the real world.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderX View Post
    If I had the skill and opportunity to write Miles for Marvel, I would have had the development of some of his powers be a slow burn. He would develop the base Spider-Man abilities reasonably quickly, followed by his Venom blast and his camouflage. His body would need time to create the complex biological systems that provide those abilities. E.g., growing new skin for the camouflage ability and enhancing his nervous system for the venom blast,

While going through puberty, his powers would gradually increase. He could even learn that through some pivotal moments in the Bendis run on the book. For example, in the scene where Ultimate Taskmaster absorbs and copies Miles’ Venom Blast and then shoots a Venom Blast bolt through Jessica Drew (1610). Sometime after the battle, Miles could think about what happened and experiment with the range of his Venom Blast. How his Mega Venom Blast debuted while he was in that highly stressful situation with Ultimate Doom was great.

Although I think the Venom Blast webbing went a bit too far, I believe Miles would do well to have organic webbing. Have him use different hand gestures to produce various kinds of silk. Use the iconic Spider-Man hand motion for web-swinging. He could even use his venom blast to charge the web, so it becomes positively attracted to targets like spiders in the real world.
    That could work, yeah.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Kicking off in December, MILES MORALES: SPIDER-MAN’s new series will be defined by a dangerous new foe… In this highly-anticipated new run, writer Cody Ziglar and newly christened Marvel’s Stormbreaker artist Federico Vicentini don’t plan to pull any punches when it comes to putting Miles Morales through the ringer, and the hero’s biggest defeat will come at the hands of Rabble! The tech-genius will use an army of drones and deadly never-before-seen gadgetry to upgrade Miles’ rogues gallery like never before. Relentlessly seeking to settle a long-brewing personal agenda against Miles, the mysterious villain is set to destroy every aspect of Miles’ life from his friends to his family. And that’s only step one of her plan… What’s at the root of her deep hatred of Spider-Man?

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...r-man-december

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Looks like Miles and Starling is still going to be a thing

Okay, that's interesting, I wasn't expecting that. I think Rabble is the girl Miles saves in the preview images. They both have long hair and similar looking devices on their arms.
    Last edited by XenobladerX; 10-18-2022 at 11:42 AM.

She's got a pretty good design design and certainly seems imposing. I wonder what her grudge is all about, and who she is.

The sketch with Rabble's hood up reminds me of Phin (Tinkerer). I wonder if Rabble's character is somewhat based on her.

If she's going after Miles' friends and family, then she must know his secret identity. It's kind of funny how most of Miles' enemies know his id.

Last edited by XenobladerX; 10-18-2022 at 12:25 PM.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Wonder if it's someone we've met or completely knew person.
    And yeah I also see the Phin resemblance

I can't imagine who she could be. Especially someone who's had a grudge against him for years. I wonder if this started before or after Miles became Spider-Man.

Another big tech villain? Neat. She seems a lot more hands on though, than the Assessor. Looks like she also sports some sort of Lightning blade? I like her look.