Page 127 of 157 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 2354
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Indeed.

Maybe, though Spider-Gwen isn't the same as the Gwen Stacy that was romantically involved with Peter Parker in 616, and she's a solid decade younger than 616 Peter at this point, so . . .
    And how is it possible she managed to impersonate 616-Gwen Stacy during the Clone Conspiracy?

I mean, sure, dead people don't get "old" in the classic way of the word if they are resurrected, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    Miles got a 2 page spread in this fun new Marvel anatomy book.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/16838...b_b_asin_title

The main attraction was of course his bioelectricity, but also mentioned/lampshade his camouflage "possibly" bends light akin to The Invisible Woman, which i don't think has ever been brought up in-universe and could be another Mentor Miles could learn plenty from. Could probably teach him that one ability from Marvel's SM:MM that I always forgot about lol.
    On the level of Invisible woman? That's quite the upgrade because she can go completely invisible. Miles' camo acts sort of like when you're staring at a blade of grass but then notice the 'grass' is actually a bug. Police and Brainwashed Ultimate Cassie Lang were able to spot him with it up if they focused hard enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    And how is it possible she managed to impersonate 616-Gwen Stacy during the Clone Conspiracy?
    Because she's Gwen Stacy just from another universe with no romantic attachment to Peter? It's comic logic. She's around college age anyway which wouldn't make her look much different to 616 Gwen Stacy when she met her end. She'd just have to wear a wig.

Her dating Miles wouldn't cause any problems with Peter as Peter and Spider-Gwen have no romantic history.
    Last edited by Majesty; 10-25-2022 at 06:02 PM.

Incredible Member

I mean, sure, dead people don't get "old" in the classic way of the word if they are resurrected, but still.
    Gwen would be brought back the same age she died and Spider-Gwen is college aged by that time so she should look more or less the same. She even wore hair extensions to complete the look.

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    Hope they actually go forward with this relationship and stick with it.
    Same I’m keeping my fingers crossed but IMO I don’t think it will happen or be revisited anytime soon. Looks like we’re stuck with starling unfortunately and I could really careless about that character.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornbread11 View Post
    Same I’m keeping my fingers crossed but IMO I don’t think it will happen or be revisited anytime soon. Looks like we’re stuck with starling unfortunately and I could really careless about that character.
    To be honest, a character like Starling would be perfect in a Tom Holland Spider-Man 4 played by Liz Allan taking up her father's mantle and as an eventual romantic interest to Holland's Peter Parker. As opposed to Miles Morales.

But at least we'll be getting Gwen x Miles in Spider-Verse 2 hopefully. If it happens there then it may influence the comics somewhat if the movie does well.

Spectacular Member

Miles got a 2 page spread in this fun new Marvel anatomy book.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/16838...b_b_asin_title

The main attraction was of course his bioelectricity, but also mentioned/lampshade his camouflage "possibly" bends light akin to The Invisible Woman, which i don't think has ever been brought up in-universe and could be another Mentor Miles could learn plenty from. Could probably teach him that one ability from Marvel's SM:MM that I always forgot about lol.
    Any interesting tidbits about the bioelectricity/venom blast?

Gwen would be brought back the same age she died and Spider-Gwen is college aged by that time so she should look more or less the same. She even wore hair extensions to complete the look.
    And even if she was physically in her late 20s, she could still pass for being 20. How often do TV shows cast 20somethings to play teenagers? Dawson's Creek is the trope namer for this on TV Tropes, they call it Dawson Casting. Power Rangers does it a lot (the originals were 18-24, playing high schoolers), Doctor Who has done it at least four times (Susan, Ace, Rose, and the recent duo of Yaz and Ryan, all teenagers played by older actors). Smallville is another obvious example.

The hair extensions and clothes were all she needed.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderX View Post
    Any interesting tidbits about the bioelectricity/venom blast?
    Nothing not already known if you're familiar with Miles. Stores the bioelectricity in his body, typically uses it through physical contact, can release it in a huge blast that leaves him tired. Just given a psudeo-scientific spin.

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    To be honest, a character like Starling would be perfect in a Tom Holland Spider-Man 4 played by Liz Allan taking up her father's mantle and as an eventual romantic interest to Holland's Peter Parker. As opposed to Miles Morales.

But at least we'll be getting Gwen x Miles in Spider-Verse 2 hopefully. If it happens there then it may influence the comics somewhat if the movie does well.
    The Liz movie thing would definitely make more since, hell I’m sure if they wanted to they could definitely make her a secondary vulture/future antagonist for mcu peter in a later installment.

I know that’s one of the many things that got me hyped for across and beyond the spiderverse to see how there relationship will develop even further in those films.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

The flipside there is Spider-Gwen is locked into being 19 while 616 Gwen Stacy should have died when she was around, what, 22-24? Peter's college life gets really fuzzy because I think he finished his undergrad but never completed Grad School. But technically I think he dropped out of Grad School by the point where he was in a relationship with MJ.

So honestly, I think it's believable that she could pass herself off as the 616 version.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

https://twitter.com/bengal_art/statu...991872/photo/1
    The connecting cover from Bengal is done. Looks really nice. Miles shows up in his classic duds and the 30th issue suit along with his clones.

spoilers:
    Spinnerette from the same titled cheese cake web comic was removed it seems.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Cornbread11 View Post
    The Liz movie thing would definitely make more since, hell I’m sure if they wanted to they could definitely make her a secondary vulture/future antagonist for mcu peter in a later installment.

I know that’s one of the many things that got me hyped for across and beyond the spiderverse to see how there relationship will develop even further in those films.
    The whole Tiana and Vulture thing still seems weird to me. Sure there's the mcu Liz thing, but none of these connections really serve a purpose. If Liz does come back in costume it'd be in one of Tom Holland's movies, and whenever Miles makes it into the mcu I doubt Tiana will be involved because it doesn't make any sense. Just seems like it would've been better to just do something original.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    The whole Tiana and Vulture thing still seems weird to me. Sure there's the mcu Liz thing, but none of these connections really serve a purpose. If Liz does come back in costume it'd be in one of Tom Holland's movies, and whenever Miles makes it into the mcu I doubt Tiana will be involved because it doesn't make any sense. Just seems like it would've been better to just do something original.
    Yeah, it never made sense to me why Tiana needed to be related to Vulture, besides Saladin wanting to try to use elements from Peter's world. And now that I think about it, Toomes has never made an appearance in Miles' book, besides Tiana's backstory in issue 10. Most, if not all, of the development between Tiana and her grandfather happened in Peter's books.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    The flipside there is Spider-Gwen is locked into being 19 while 616 Gwen Stacy should have died when she was around, what, 22-24? Peter's college life gets really fuzzy because I think he finished his undergrad but never completed Grad School. But technically I think he dropped out of Grad School by the point where he was in a relationship with MJ.

So honestly, I think it's believable that she could pass herself off as the 616 version.
    Is she? I think after her prison stint she's like 20-21.