Page 114 of 157 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 2354

Quote Originally Posted by Jaychance View Post
    On the synergy problem, it was Saladin mostly as in interviews and on twitter when he was more active he said he didn't want to infuse what the movie or video game was doing with Miles, he wanted to do his own thing with the comic. You can see how long it took for Miles to use abilities in the main title compared to other titles where Miles used abilities from his game.People asked for Spiderman(Cat) or Phin to be in the book but he turned those down for his own characters and Saladin loved the game.(he was looking for a PS5 to play it for 2 months)
    Maybe they could make Phin a sidekick/apprentice for Ceres.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    He didn't even use Danika and she wasn't even from the game originally.
    Thats because she was Ganke's love interest prior to Saladin's run, and that would have gotten in the way of the very much needless and weird Miles v Ganke love beef.

Fantastic Member

Just finished reading the last issue to Saladin's run and it was eh, he was trying to tie up all the loose ends in this issue with the short story approach. I'm sorry but Tiana isn't likeable at all and part of that is she hasn't had any development since she's appeared. Cody seems to be wiping everything clean when his run starts which I'm kinda glad for, maybe he can put fun back to being Spider-Man like his video game.
    Last edited by Jaychance; 09-28-2022 at 11:17 AM.

spoilers:
    It would take me all day to out all the problems I had with this run down, so I'll just go over this issue.

The stuff with Miles' family was nice. A bit short, but it was all short stories anyway.

Wasn't a fan of the stuff with Sean and Dutcher, both characters are unnecessary and are wastes of page space.

The brunch part was weird, Shift has never been able to make himself look so human before. Aaron shouldn't look the same if he spent twenty years strapped to that machine in that other dimension. There's not a grey hair on his head or a wrinkle on his face despite the fact he should be in his sixties now and spent a long period of time being tortured. Also Miles' parents still haven't met Shift so he probably still lives in the sewers, and now it's Ziglar's job to figure out what to do with him.

The high tech suit he got was cool and I'd prefer if he swung around in that over the current spider suit he's still in at the end for some reason despite him being back in the old one on the cover for his new book. Also we never got to see the armored undersuit, so that makes an already terrible costume even worse.

Ahmed had this entire run to try and make me like Tiana as love interest, and she only just became bearable in this last issue. She's still the second worst love interest Miles has ever had and that's only because Katie was a future supervillain that sold him out to her hydra parents.

I understand Ahmed tried to bookend things by having Miles fight the first villain he fought at the start of this run at the end. The problem is Snatcher is as underdeveloped as a character can get and has no redeeming qualities whatsoever. Terrible name, terrible costume, and his powers make no sense at all. Miles overcoming the mind attack doesn't hit hard because we have no connection to Snatcher at all, not to mention we saw Cap do it in the first fight against him so we all knew it was possible.

Ahmed ends his run by continuing his streak of underusing Miles friends. Sure they're at the start and end of the issue, but Miles only speaks directly to them once and none of them appear even as background characters in any of the short stories. Miles has to give a big formal speech and we can't even get Ganke sitting with his parents supporting him?

I knew it was going to happen since Ahmed made it apparent he hates her, but the fact that we got Sean of all characters in two of the short stories but Lana is not seen or mentioned once blows my mind. One of Miles og cast members appears in this book only twice in 42 issues. I know it's at least partially because he wanted to push Tiana hard, but all that did was further my dislike of her character as a whole.

I had such high hopes for this book at the start and it had a fairly strong beginning, but now at the end after everything that happened I kinda wish it didn't last half as long.

Despite all that I'm still glad there won't be much time between now and the start of the next run and I'm curious about what Ziglar has in store. I do wish Marvel would drop an actual announcement on one of the official channels though it been two weeks today and the new book hasn't been mentioned on their official website or any of their social media accounts.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Dragonick; 09-28-2022 at 02:11 PM.

Astonishing Member

Anyone want Miles to meet and team up with Danny Ketch Ghost Rider who was also the local Brooklyn(more specifically Cypress Hills) hero back in the early 90s. I would love that. Maybe a nice flashback of a young Miles encountering Ghost Rider back when he was little and Ketch was starting out in 1990.(yea yeah I know Marvel sliding timescale),

spoilers:
    It would take me all day to out all the problems I had with this run down, so I'll just go over this issue.

The stuff with Miles' family was nice. A bit short, but it was all short stories anyway.

Wasn't a fan of the stuff with Sean and Dutcher, both characters are unnecessary and are wastes of page space.

The brunch part was weird, Shift has never been able to make himself look so human before. Aaron shouldn't look the same if he spent twenty years strapped to that machine in that other dimension. There's not a grey hair on his head or a wrinkle on his face despite the fact he should be in his sixties now and spent a long period of time being tortured. Also Miles' parents still haven't met Shift so he probably still lives in the sewers, and now it's Ziglar's job to figure out what to do with him.

The high tech suit he got was cool and I'd prefer if he swung around in that over the current spider suit he's still in at the end for some reason despite him being back in the old one on the cover for his new book. Also we never got to see the armored undersuit, so that makes an already terrible costume even worse.

Ahmed had this entire run to try and make me like Tiana as love interest, and she only just became bearable in this last issue. She's still the second worst love interest Miles has ever had and that's only because Katie was a future supervillain that sold him out to her hydra parents.

I understand Ahmed tried to bookend things by having Miles fight the first villain he fought at the start of this run at the end. The problem is Snatcher is as underdeveloped as a character can get and has no redeeming qualities whatsoever. Terrible name, terrible costume, and his powers make no sense at all. Miles overcoming the mind attack doesn't hit hard because we have no connection to Snatcher at all, not to mention we saw Cap do it in the first fight against him so we all knew it was possible.

Ahmed ends his run by continuing his streak of underusing Miles friends. Sure they're at the start and end of the issue, but Miles only speaks directly to them once and none of them appear even as background characters in any of the short stories. Miles has to give a big formal speech and we can't even get Ganke sitting with his parents supporting him?

I knew it was going to happen since Ahmed made it apparent he hates her, but the fact that we got Sean of all characters in two of the short stories but Lana is not seen or mentioned once blows my mind. One of Miles og cast members appears in this book only twice in 42 issues. I know it's at least partially because he wanted to push Tiana hard, but all that did was further my dislike of her character as a whole.

I had such high hopes for this book at the start and it had a fairly strong beginning, but now at the end after everything that happened I kinda wish it didn't last half as long.

Despite all that I'm still glad there won't be much time between now and the start of the next run and I'm curious about what Ziglar has in store. I do wish Marvel would drop an actual announcement on one of the official channels though it been two weeks today and the new book hasn't been mentioned on their official website or any of their social media accounts.
    end of spoilers
    I agree with everything you said
    spoilers:
    I did like the scenes with Billie walking and Miles giving his speech. I thought they showed a good sense of progression. It's nice seeing Miles' life moving forward, even if it's just a little bit.
    end of spoilers

Ultimate Member

A FYI for everybody....

I checked my subscription today.

My next Miles Morales issue will be on 12/7/2022 and you can order a subscription now too.

So it looks like my subscription got transferred over to the new run.

So no Miles books for the next two months from Marvel.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Anyone want Miles to meet and team up with Danny Ketch Ghost Rider who was also the local Brooklyn(more specifically Cypress Hills) hero back in the early 90s. I would love that. Maybe a nice flashback of a young Miles encountering Ghost Rider back when he was little and Ketch was starting out in 1990.(yea yeah I know Marvel sliding timescale),
    That would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    A FYI for everybody....

My next Miles Morales issue will be on 12/7/2022 and you can order a subscription now too.

Sadly, yeah. Kind of like what happened after Bendis left, but at least he had a big role in Spider-Geddon before the Ahmed relaunch.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That would be cool.

Sadly, yeah. Kind of like what happened after Bendis left, but at least he had a big role in Spider-Geddon before the Ahmed relaunch.
    To him being a backup in a Kamala Dark Web mini

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    I agree with everything you said
    spoilers:
    I did like the scenes with Billie walking and Miles giving his speech. I thought they showed a good sense of progression. It's nice seeing Miles' life moving forward, even if it's just a little bit.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah those were honestly my favorite parts of the issue. Also it's got to have been a year since Billie was born or at least close to it since babies don't usually start walking until about 12 to15 months.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    A FYI for everybody....

Solo stuff at least, otherwise it's the Kamala Dark Web mini, Slott's Spider-Man, the mini he'll have with Peter, and Deathlok Miles over in Savage Avengers.

spoilers:
    I re-read the issue and I noticed when Tiana texted Miles she said that she had to "ditch her parents". Which parents was she talking about? Her mother died and her father left when she was young. Was it revealed somewhere that she had foster parents or something? Now that I think about it, after they defeated Tombstone, she told Miles that she had her own place. She lives alone so she wouldn't have anyone to ditch.

edit: Actually, nevermind. It was Miles who texted that response. I didn't notice the text boxes were different colors for some reason and thought all those messages were from Tiana.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by XenobladerX; 09-29-2022 at 01:18 AM.

Considering how little impact she had in the book overall it makes me wonder why he even created Starling. He broke up Miles and Barbra just for the next love interest to not get any development in the book. It feels like she got more development in the Champions book during Outlawed and even the short appearances she got in Peter's book than she ever did in this one.
    Its sad that they will just not finish the plotline of Bombshell having a huge crush on Miles it was a perfect set up for them to date and be finish with any type of romance relationship miles needs.

Fantastic Member

It's kinda upsetting that Starling was pushed so much to be a potential girlfriend that she wasn't given any development and had some red flags that were ignored in this final issue for Saladin's run. I don't really like her as a character currently because looking back on it she's Bombshell but from Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaychance View Post
    It's kinda upsetting that Starling was pushed so much to be a potential girlfriend that she wasn't given any development and had some red flags that were ignored in this final issue for Saladin's run. I don't really like her as a character currently because looking back on it she's Bombshell but from Detroit.
    You know, I've kind of noticed this. Maybe that's part of the reason why Saladin wasn't using Lana, because of how similar they are. Unfortunately for Tiana she hasn't been nearly as developed or likable as Lana. Even in this issue she seemed very abrasive and again taking something harmless Miles says and choosing to get offended by it.

spoilers:
    Yeah those were honestly my favorite parts of the issue. Also it's got to have been a year since Billie was born or at least close to it since babies don't usually start walking until about 12 to15 months.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    This issue did have Miles win a college scholarship, so it looks like he'll be graduating off panel and changing schools in the new run. That also catches him up with Kamala, who also appears to have graduated high school off panel as she took an internship at Oscorp (i.e. got a job) in ASM, which was six months ahead. The books should now synchronise.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman