Page 78 of 157 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 2354
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    Some fanart by Nikolas Draper-Ivey:

As soon as he's finished with Static, or whenever his schedule otherwise opens up, I'd love to see him come and take on Miles. Could bring him to the next level.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This is why I just don't think Peter and Miles really work together as double Spider-Men in the same story or narrative.
    I don't think it's that difficult. Any story which features the 2 would just have a large objective both Spiders need to complete, The reasons for completing the objective are different for Miles and Peter. It's what they did in Spider-men and ITSV and that worked alright.

(gotta love how he and his mom were completely okay with bailing on their home dimension just because Gwen was there).
    Yeah. That was just weird. Spider-Gwen's first animated appearance was that arc too I think.

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    Some fanart by Nikolas Draper-Ivey:

He's the artist that did the re-design for that new Static series didn't he? It's a nice take on the suit. I like the back spider. Kinda miss the red webbing though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dron View Post
    I don't think it's that difficult. Any story which features the 2 would just have a large objective both Spiders need to complete, The reasons for completing the objective are different for Miles and Peter. It's what they did in Spider-men and ITSV and that worked alright.
    Separately, yeah, but I think most villains other than, like, Venom would only really need one Spider-Person to fight.
    Yeah. That was just weird. Spider-Gwen's first animated appearance was that arc too I think.
    And the first time she was played by Dove Cameron.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    As soon as he's finished with Static, or whenever his schedule otherwise opens up, I'd love to see him come and take on Miles. Could bring him to the next level.
    He wants to do it. Marvel just needs to make their move.

https://twitter.com/NikDraperIvey/st...11961343905793

https://twitter.com/NikDraperIvey/st...16255271006210

https://twitter.com/NikDraperIvey/st...47481759436801

Really putting himself out there. Respect.

Mad respect.

BANNED

--

Edit--

Last edited by SecretWarrior; 06-29-2022 at 04:03 AM.

Fantastic Member

I like in the convo they gave an example in Black Adam of a black writer giving a black character horrible dialogue so it's not exclusive to nonblack writers but that's the current problem with Marvel. They don't want to age up Miles or Peter going through the growing pains of getting older for some weird reason even if its like them being 3 years older.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jaychance View Post
    I like in the convo they gave an example in Black Adam of a black writer giving a black character horrible dialogue so it's not exclusive to nonblack writers but that's the current problem with Marvel. They don't want to age up Miles or Peter going through the growing pains of getting older for some weird reason even if its like them being 3 years older.
    One rather HUGE difference....

That writer is Christopher Priest. That is a RESUME to that name. That is just the usual suspects having a fit with Black Adam's legacy being a black male.

If they REALLY wanted to make that point-Coates Black Panther would have been better since it had Shuri telling women they deserve to be RAPED.

Or the last issue of Black Panther that had T'Challa cussing like he was Richard Pryor and Storm talking like she was on the set of Living Single talking to Queen Latifah.

Unlike the writers of Black Panther-he is not destroying a franchise to sell himself to another editorial office.

Considering who the writer of that Static book was-that should help him get into Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    One rather HUGE difference....

That writer is Christopher Priest. That is a RESUME to that name. That is just the usual suspects having a fit with Black Adam's legacy being a black male.

If they REALLY wanted to make that point-Coates Black Panther would have been better since it had Shuri telling women they deserve to be RAPED.

Or the last issue of Black Panther that had T'Challa cussing like he was Richard Pryor and Storm talking like she was on the set of Living Single talking to Queen Latifah.

Unlike the writers of Black Panther-he is not destroying a franchise to sell himself to another editorial office.

Considering who the writer of that Static book was-that should help him get into Marvel.
    Not gonna lie, but the sooner they get him to Marvel on Miles, the better. I do like the current artist, however Nick would just elevate the whole book even with keeping the same writer. Then again, knowing Marvel could have put what would've been one of the best suited writers on Black Panther and they shaded Thorne for John Ridley. They may not really care to put the best people on their black characters...see current Miles Thor what if.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaychance View Post
    Age has nothing to do with it. Miles needs a "Grade A" creative team and some room to breath. Unfortunately I think that isn't going to happen. In the 90s Blade had three MOVIES, not animated movies but actual movies and Marvel still couldn't be bothered to find actual talent, and he was the STAR of his franchise.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Age has nothing to do with it. Miles needs a "Grade A" creative team and some room to breath. Unfortunately I think that isn't going to happen. In the 90s Blade had three MOVIES, not animated movies but actual movies and Marvel still couldn't be bothered to find actual talent, and he was the STAR of his franchise.
    Funny enough, the first Blade movie came out about two years after his guest appearances in Spider-Man: The Animated Series, which reinterpreted him as a dhampir (half-vampire) when he wasn't before (he just had immunity to being turned by supernatural vampires) and also had Whistler as his mentor. Hell, there were plans for him to fight Morbius, the Living Vampire in the next movie just like he did in Spider-Man TAS, but that didn't go through for obvious reasons.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    There were 2 Blade books during those 3 movies.

Those were not chumps they had on those books.

Now that falls on editors for NOT listening to pitches or tossing whatever on a writer.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Funny enough, the first Blade movie came out about two years after his guest appearances in Spider-Man: The Animated Series, which reinterpreted him as a dhampir (half-vampire) when he wasn't before (he just had immunity to being turned by supernatural vampires) and also had Whistler as his mentor. Hell, there were plans for him to fight Morbius, the Living Vampire in the next movie just like he did in Spider-Man TAS, but that didn't go through for obvious reasons.
    Wasn't the movie already in development when those episodes were made, and the cartoon's faster lead time just meant their version got out first? They used those elements because the movie was going to?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Wasn't the movie already in development when those episodes were made, and the cartoon's faster lead time just meant their version got out first? They used those elements because the movie was going to?
    I was about to say, did TASM create the modern version of blade? Because I remember everyone crediting the movie (as well as the success of that 2000 era wave of super hero movies) for his reinvention.