Page 60 of 157 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    Kinda just noticed Aaron's wearing his original Ultimate Prowler suit. I think the claw gloves are new though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazyspideyfan View Post
    The claw gloves seem to be an artistic choice based off of ITSV a lot of new media featuring Aaron has, even Fortnite’s Prowler design has them.
    Aaron's original Prowler design was pretty cool. Glad it came back.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    Miles Morales Spider-Man #39 variant by Ivan Tao:
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FSHVeBGa...pg&name=medium
    That's a great looking cover.

Switching [IMG] BB codes to [URL] ones, cause we scroll down the cover a few times in the last page.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Incredible Member

Edge of Spider-verse 2022 coming leading to End Of Spider-Verse, which i think its a safe bet Miles will participate in.

https://www.marvel.com/amp/articles/...led-new-series

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    Edge of Spider-verse 2022 coming leading to End Of Spider-Verse, which i think its a safe bet Miles will participate in.

Yeah, this ought to be something.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

No doubt. Maybe not the Edge of Spiderverse Mini's but probably a sizable role in the actual event.

I had expected some sort of synergy by the original release date in October but I thought it was just going to be a light multiversal team up. This seems a bit larger than that.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I'm not getting my hopes up just because Slott doesn't exactly have the best track record with writing Miles. He barely featured him in the original Spider-Verse, and that Regent story which was supposed to be a team-up between the two immediately had Miles get captured and instead turned into a Peter/Iron Man team-up instead lol
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

It'd make no sense if Miles didn't play a major role in this, especially considering the last time there was a problem in the web Spider-Zero sought him out to help. And of course there's no way it's the actual end of the Spider-Verse if anything I predict a restructuring of the web since as it is now it doesn't make much sense and doesn't do much for the characters with supposedly important roles. Miles and Gwen interact with it the most yet in terms of the lore, what little there actually is of it, neither is particularly important.

Well, they already reconfigured. Spider-Zero and Spiderling are doing what Spider-UK and Spider-Girl were previously doing, right? Maintaining the web? UK was killed off and Anya returned to 616, then Zero was introduced and Annie was revealed to be the new Weaver.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Alright, so I read the What if Miles was the Hulk issue and I can safely put it in the "good column." I think of the three so far, this one actually feels like a fullblown alternate take on Miles' origin from the Ultimate Universe.

The story also kind of has fun with the idea that having Hulk powers as a preteen would actually be a nightmare since every little thing could set you off. lol

Preteen? Wouldn't he have been 13 at the time?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Preteen? Wouldn't he have been 13 at the time?
    He got bit by the Spider at age 12, but didn't become Spider-Man until he was 13. I'd assume the same timeframe occurred here.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I'm not getting my hopes up just because Slott doesn't exactly have the best track record with writing Miles. He barely featured him in the original Spider-Verse, and that Regent story which was supposed to be a team-up between the two immediately had Miles get captured and instead turned into a Peter/Iron Man team-up instead lol
    Maybe editorial would mandate Miles being important. Especially for synergy.

Alright since it's after 11 I can drop a summary of What If? #3:

spoilers:
    The majority of the issue is told from the perspective of Miles undergoing a therapy session, with Doc Samson as his therapist. Miles recounts how to Samson how he ultimately got his powers. Aaron got blackmailed by the Russian Mob to pull off a heist, stealing a radiation experiment that Dr. Banner had been working on. Aaron stashes it in his apartment waiting to do an exchange, but Miles ends up accidentally setting the experiment off. Events playoff similarly to Miles' original origin where he briefly goes into a coma only to awaken and find himself turning green.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Miles hides his condition form his parents but ends up sharing it with Ganke who at first doesn't believe him, but then Miles accidentally Hulks out when he steps on one of Ganke's legos. We get a couple of snippits of Miles' everyday life and Ganke helping to cover for him when he begins to Hulk out at school. Eventually, Miles ends up tailing Aaron to his meeting time with the mob. Aaron decides that he's going to kill them since they've threatened his family and he knows this won't be the last job they force on him. One of the hitman end up turning into the Abomination however and crushes Aaron's skull. Miles, having watched all of this loses it and ends up killing Abomination in a fit of rage.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Back in the present, the session is coming to an end where Doc gives Miles a pep talk that anger itself isn't necessarily something that Miles have to be scared of and that he can use his powers to protext the people he care about. And that his heroes journey can start by learning to forgive himself.
    end of spoilers

Alright since it's after 11 I can drop a summary of What If? #3:

spoilers:
    The majority of the issue is told from the perspective of Miles undergoing a therapy session, with Doc Samson as his therapist. Miles recounts how to Samson how he ultimately got his powers. Aaron got blackmailed by the Russian Mob to pull off a heist, stealing a radiation experiment that Dr. Banner had been working on. Aaron stashes it in his apartment waiting to do an exchange, but Miles ends up accidentally setting the experiment off. Events playoff similarly to Miles' original origin where he briefly goes into a coma only to awaken and find himself turning green.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Miles hides his condition form his parents but ends up sharing it with Ganke who at first doesn't believe him, but then Miles accidentally Hulks out when he steps on one of Ganke's legos. We get a couple of snippits of Miles' everyday life and Ganke helping to cover for him when he begins to Hulk out at school. Eventually, Miles ends up tailing Aaron to his meeting time with the mob. Aaron decides that he's going to kill them since they've threatened his family and he knows this won't be the last job they force on him. One of the hitman end up turning into the Abomination however and crushes Aaron's skull. Miles, having watched all of this loses it and ends up killing Abomination in a fit of rage.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Back in the present, the session is coming to an end where Doc gives Miles a pep talk that anger itself isn't necessarily something that Miles have to be scared of and that he can use his powers to protext the people he care about. And that his heroes journey can start by learning to forgive himself.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    First time we've seen Miles kill on page? I haven't read the Cap or Wolverine ones.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Well, they already reconfigured. Spider-Zero and Spiderling are doing what Spider-UK and Spider-Girl were previously doing, right? Maintaining the web? UK was killed off and Anya returned to 616, then Zero was introduced and Annie was revealed to be the new Weaver.
    It just feels like a chance to do something to sort out all the major spiders lore roles since no way is Marvel going to slow down on the Spider-Verse stuff. Peter is supposedly important but the meaning is unclear and most his fan aren't particularly fond of web of life stuff; they can remove the whole bride thing from Cindy so nothing remains of the creepy stuff from when she first appeared; it's being used to set Anya up with a new status quo; and as I said Miles and Gwen are huge players in Spider-Verse but aren't actually lore important.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe editorial would mandate Miles being important. Especially for synergy.
    And for future movies as well, since I really doubt we'll ever see the Inheritors. Then again you never know with Sony.
    Alright, so I read the What if Miles was the Hulk issue and I can safely put it in the "good column." I think of the three so far, this one actually feels like a fullblown alternate take on Miles' origin from the Ultimate Universe.

The story also kind of has fun with the idea that having Hulk powers as a preteen would actually be a nightmare since every little thing could set you off. lol
    Agreed, it's probably my favorite of the three so far.