Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Should Spider-Man crime fighting adventures be relocated to The Bronx?

The title says it all. Do you feel that Peter Parker would be better suited to fight crime in The Bronx instead of Manhattan, that's over crowded with other superheroes? I am referring to the Bronx as it was in the 1970's to the early 1980s. Makes a huge impact on the stories produced.

Last edited by Darthfury78; 12-26-2022 at 12:21 AM.

Astonishing Member

No.
    Comics are escapism, not real life. If comics perfectly emulated reality he would be fighting carjackers and drug dealers in Gary, Indiana.

Better question is

should Spawn?

I, for one, am against Spider-man going back in time forty to fifty years just to fight crime.

Mighty Member

Is there a heroine there that you are trying to ship Peter with?

Astonishing Member

Spider-Man is all over New York already.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    Spider-Man is all over New York already.
    Manhattan? Yes.
    The Bronx? No.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Manhattan? Yes.
    The Bronx? No.
    The Bronx is Miles' stomping grounds, isn't it? That's probably why you don't see Peter fighting crime over there because Miles has already got it covered.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Manhattan? Yes.
    The Bronx? No.
    Spider-Man is literally everywhere. He isn't like Daredevil who only stays in Hell's Kitchen.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    The Bronx is Miles' stomping grounds, isn't it? That's probably why you don't see Peter fighting crime over there because Miles has already got it covered.
    Brooklyn, actually. Not the Bronx, though this does remind me of his 90s animated team-up with Doctor Strange to save Mary Jane from Baron Mordo's cult trying to unleash Dormammu, when Strange warns Spidey of the mortal peril he'll be in if he persists: "Big deal. I've been through the Bronx. I'm ready."
    The spider is always on the hunt.

He needs to spend more time in Ulster County
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Brooklyn, actually. Not the Bronx, though this does remind me of his 90s animated team-up with Doctor Strange to save Mary Jane from Baron Mordo's cult trying to unleash Dormammu, when Strange warns Spidey of the mortal peril he'll be in if he persists: "Big deal. I've been through the Bronx. I'm ready."
    I admit to favoring The Bronx as a Yankees fan, but as far as I know the closest Peter came to a Bronx type story was the Santeria mini. Which took place in Harlem ( upper Manhattan next to The Bronx). It is a very underrated modern Peter story because he was a “Fish Out Of Water” and I have always liked stories that take the hero or heroine (in this case Peter) out of their comfort zone and making them adapt in order to win. Watch The Most Dangerous Game ( the film that inspired Ditko and Lee to create Kraven) to see how this was done perfectly. Rainsford ( Joel McCrea) who is a big game animal Hunter must learn how to think like an animal in order to defeat Count Zaroff ( the Kraven inspiration).
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 12-29-2022 at 08:57 AM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I admit to favoring The Bronx as a Yankees fan, but as far as I know the closest Peter came to a Bronx type story was the Santeria mini. Which took place in Harlem ( upper Manhattan next to The Bronx). It is a very underrated modern Peter story because he was a “Fish Out Of Water” and I have always liked stories that take the hero or heroine (in this case Peter) out of their comfort zone and making them adapt in order to win. Watch The Most Dangerous Game ( the film that inspired Ditko and Lee to create Kraven) to see how this was done perfectly. Rainsford ( Joel McCrea) who is a big game animal Hunter must learn how to think like an animal in order to defeat Count Zaroff ( the Kraven inspiration).
    Thanks for the recommendation.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Thanks for the recommendation.
    Your welcome

Hmm. Maybe create a street hero based on Fat Joe.