Page 15 of 157 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    https://twitter.com/saladinahmed/sta...Cyga-up5opAAAA

This is so weird. Is this really the first time Miles swore this run or is 'ass' just a no-no? I know he had to have cussed sometime, lol. Miles swore and let a few &$#@!'s fly when Bendis was writing him.
    Now I'm wondering if the comic has came across as all that kid-friendly...I mean, I guess there isn't anything that problematic, although the sequence with the Assessor was a lot. And the Clones almost killing a baby.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Now I'm wondering if the comic has came across as all that kid-friendly...I mean, I guess there isn't anything that problematic, although the sequence with the Assessor was a lot. And the Clones almost killing a baby.
    Issue #9 is probably the "darkest" the series has gotten, but honestly seeing the type of content that has been included in Cartoon Network shows it'd say it lines up with what's allowed with the tween demographic.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Yeah, there's been quite a bit of brutal/violent imagery, it feels odd they'd have a problem with Miles swearing.

Actually, them trying to keep the book "kid friendly" might explain why the first few issues of the run felt a little off to me. It kind of felt a little cartoony and then there was kind of a tonal shift after the Assessor showed up.

Love Miles and Steve's friendship.

So wholesome.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

So wholesome.
    Same here. And Miles raises a good point, even if they had the major powerhouses of the Avengers on Earth, this problem isn't something you can punch, blast, or hammer away at until it drops. In fact, that approach would just (counterproductively) validate the Kingpin's anti-superhero propaganda, and if the solicits for the conclusion and aftermath of Devil's Reign are anything to go by, they'll still end up having the public turn against them even with Fisk out of the picture.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

So wholesome.
    It really is, it's a small thing but it makes me happy when I see it.

This is from the Amazing Spider-Man #88 preview:https://comic-watch.com/news/sneak-p...-spider-man-88

So wholesome.
    Miles looks like he's just chilling around when he stands in that costume with everybody else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Same here. And Miles raises a good point, even if they had the major powerhouses of the Avengers on Earth, this problem isn't something you can punch, blast, or hammer away at until it drops. In fact, that approach would just (counterproductively) validate the Kingpin's anti-superhero propaganda, and if the solicits for the conclusion and aftermath of Devil's Reign are anything to go by, they'll still end up having the public turn against them even with Fisk out of the picture.
    It would be kind of hilarious to see what Carol or Thor would do in this situation. They're starting to get the same reputation as their MCU counterparts .

This is from the Amazing Spider-Man #88 preview:https://comic-watch.com/news/sneak-p...-spider-man-88
    So does this mean Assessor is a part of the Beyond foundation? If so I don't think I'm really a fan of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    So does this mean Assessor is a part of the Beyond foundation? If so I don't think I'm really a fan of that.
    Well, Ahmed is on the writing team so I guess it's part of his setup...

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    He might be and I wouldn't be crazy about it either. It would really suck if one of Miles' most interesting new enemies ended up just working for the big bad of someone else's storyline.

Hoping there's more to it than that.
    Last edited by XenobladerX; 01-27-2022 at 07:42 PM.

Incredible Member

Miles looks like he's just chilling around when he stands in that costume with everybody else.

It would be kind of hilarious to see what Carol or Thor would do in this situation. They're starting to get the same reputation as their MCU counterparts .
    I mean, its no different than when hulk and thor(again) were just happen to have off world stories during Civil War because that event would have ended in 5 seconds if they were around.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    I mean, its no different than when hulk and thor(again) were just happen to have off world stories during Civil War because that event would have ended in 5 seconds if they were around.
    Wasn't Hulk shipped off to space and Thor literally not even back until Civil War ended? At least there were actual, in-universe, plot reasons.

He might be and I wouldn't be crazy about it either. It would really suck if one of Miles' most interesting new enemies ended up just working for the big bad of someone else's storyline.

My thoughts exactly, Assessor/its creators have got the potential to be a massive part of Miles' mythos as a true archenemy, but if they're just tie-in villains it'd be really disappointing. Plus it makes Miles' kidnapping and the clone saga just build up for someone else's book when those should have been exclusively used to build up Miles alone.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I'll go out on a limb and assume that this just moreso means that the Assessor probably won't be just a one-and-done villain once Saladin's run is over. The Beyond run is nearing it's conclusion and I doubt Assessor gets brought in as the last-minute big bad.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.