Page 14 of 157 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Some great fanart of of What If Wolverine Miles
    It's becoming my favorite Miles look.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    It's becoming my favorite Miles look.
    It's my favorite of the What If looks so far and both have been great. I'm really looking forward to the Thor and Hulk looks because I feel like they can go in some really interesting design directions.

It's my favorite of the What If looks so far and both have been great. I'm really looking forward to the Thor and Hulk looks because I feel like they can go in some really interesting design directions.
    I rather get Goliath or Ant-man than the Hulk. Outside of Immortal Hulk I tend not to care about the gamma mutates as a concept. But having Miles be one of the Gamma Corp recruits could be cool.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Gamma_Corps_(Earth-616)

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I rather get Goliath or Ant-man than the Hulk. Outside of Immortal Hulk I tend not to care about the gamma mutates as a concept. But having Miles be one of the Gamma Corp recruits could be cool.

Ant-Man definitely would've been more interesting, but I also imagine marketing was a factor here. A Hulk story was likely deemed more likely to get orders than an Ant Man one.

Like personally, I would've like to see Miles end up like a new Power Man since that actually got roots tied back to his normal series, where Miles revealed to Luke that he is actually his dad's favorite superhero.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

I get that, and it could have been a great look too, but it looks like they were going for the biggest names around. Being honest though since, as far as we know, the stories aren't connected I don't know why they didn't just make it eight issues to reach the Spider-Verse premier. Even the Spider-Punk mini will be over in August. As far as the Hulk look goes I'm mostly just curios if they go for a Amadeus/Brawn form or more classic Bruce/Hulk look.

Some great fanart of of What If Wolverine Miles
    Looks pretty good. Didn't know the shoulders had armor on them. It's rad.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Now that I'm looking at the cover again, Miles has some strong glutes .
    It is very inconsistent the way they drew him in comparison in the same book. I find it annoying after noticing when the solicitation were posted.
    Last edited by Tofali; 01-25-2022 at 07:11 PM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Javier Garron #35 Variant

Miles was decent in Devil's Reign today.

spoilers:
    He and Cap are pretty much on the same wavelength about wanting to handle things the "right way" contrasting/opposing to Matt who is in danger of going off the deep end and taking things too far.

He also briefly confronts Otto. It's not much, just a panel of Miles asking if Otto was okay with being Fisk's lackey.
    end of spoilers

So far, his event just seems okay-ish. The whole 'Anti-Superhero Law' story is just played out at this point.
    Last edited by XenobladerX; 01-26-2022 at 10:23 AM.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    So far, his event just seems okay-ish. The whole 'Anti-Superhero Law' story is just played out at this point.
    I at least liked that Zdarsky hung a lampshade that this is the latest in the line of attempts of passing the same type of acts.

With the recent announcement of Daredevil relaunching with Zdarsky still on the book, it gives me the impression that this was only ever meant to be an arc within Daredevil itself, but then it got expanded into being an event. Just like "The Trial of Magneto."
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I at least liked that Zdarsky hung a lampshade that this is the latest in the line of attempts of passing the same type of acts.

With the recent announcement of Daredevil relaunching with Zdarsky still on the book, it gives me the impression that this was only ever meant to be an arc within Daredevil itself, but then it got expanded into being an event. Just like "The Trial of Magneto."
    It is nice he at least acknowledges the previous laws in-story. Especially, Kamala's Law which was recently abolished.

Oh, near the end of the issue
    spoilers:
    when the group is being overwhelmed by the AU Otto's, Steve yells "Fall back Avengers!!". So, I guess in a way, Miles is an Avenger again ; even if it's just a makeshift team.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by XenobladerX; 01-26-2022 at 02:40 PM.

Miles was decent in Devil's Reign today.

spoilers:
    He and Cap are pretty much on the same wavelength about wanting to handle things the "right way" contrasting/opposing to Matt who is in danger of going off the deep end and taking things too far.

He also briefly confronts Otto. It's not much, just a panel of Miles asking if Otto was okay with being Fisk's lackey.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    And to think Miles had Otto's back during Spidergeddon...
    end of spoilers

https://twitter.com/saladinahmed/sta...Cyga-up5opAAAA

This is so weird. Is this really the first time Miles swore this run or is 'ass' just a no-no? I know he had to have cussed sometime, lol. Miles swore and let a few &$#@!'s fly when Bendis was writing him.

Derrick Chew #35 Variant:

https://twitter.com/saladinahmed/sta...Cyga-up5opAAAA

This is so weird. Is this really the first time Miles swore this run or is 'ass' just a no-no? I know he had to have cussed sometime, lol. Miles swore and let a few &$#@!'s fly when Bendis was writing him.
    That does feel weird, but if he says so I guess it is. Maybe it was to show how mad Miles is, but Miles also said he was gonna kill Quantum and I don't know how much more serious it can get than that. And as you said it's not like Miles ever hesitated to swear before this run.