Page 79 of 157 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389129 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 2354
    BANNED

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    At least this looks more tame than the last issue

Nice journal boxes usage, sorta funny to see someone try to mimic an Ahmed technique that the man himself has stopped using. Still betting it's a Sorcerer Supreme version of Miles that's bringing them together since I can't imagine anyone else having the capabilities to do so. It would also be be cool since I saw this piece of fanart for it a few days ago.

Kind of funny that Miles is wearing that thick turtle neck under his regular clothes, not to mention those shoes . He needs to get one of the eggheads on the Champs to make him a henshin device or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Nice journal boxes usage, sorta funny to see someone try to mimic an Ahmed technique that the man himself has stopped using. Still betting it's a Sorcerer Supreme version of Miles that's bringing them together since I can't imagine anyone else having the capabilities to do so. It would also be be cool since I saw this piece of fanart for it a few days ago.

I'd be up for that reveal.

Miles appears on some variants for Edge of Spider-verse #1:

He doesn't seem to actually be appearing in the mini series though. He's likely being saved for the main event.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Wasn't the movie already in development when those episodes were made, and the cartoon's faster lead time just meant their version got out first? They used those elements because the movie was going to?
    Fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Dron View Post
    I was about to say, did TASM create the modern version of blade? Because I remember everyone crediting the movie (as well as the success of that 2000 era wave of super hero movies) for his reinvention.
    TAS Spider-Man did incorporate those elements, but with its own twists, likely in retrospect as a way to promote the then-upcoming Blade movie.

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    Kind of funny that Miles is wearing that thick turtle neck under his regular clothes, not to mention those shoes . He needs to get one of the eggheads on the Champs to make him a henshin device or something.
    That would be very cool.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Never thought about it but, it's got to be rough for Miles to be wearing at least three layers of cloths all the time. It also means he's carrying the shoes around all the time too.

Yeah, Riri should be capable of that, her own armour is donned in a similar way. And it's not like Iron Man tech hasn't been used to make a Spider-Man suit before.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

When you have a an AU Supervillain team of AU Aaron's it really feels like he's Miles' de-facto archenenemy. I mean, does he even have any competition? I guess the Assessor.

I still maintain this was a really random book/premise.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Yeah, Riri should be capable of that, her own armour is donned in a similar way. And it's not like Iron Man tech hasn't been used to make a Spider-Man suit before.
    Especially since Iron Man himself has donned his armor the same way, and Spider-Man's MKIV Spider-Armor worked similarly. I still remember those parallel panels from that one issue of ASM where Tony and Peter changed into their suits at the same time, but from separate locations (since Peter still had his secret identity to preserve and all). Probably one of the few good bits of that whole arc.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Incredible Member

The End of the Spider-Verse will be happening in a new 'Spider-Man' ongoing, of course Miles will be in attendence.
    https://aiptcomics.com/2022/07/01/sp...ing-dan-slott/

I guess this is supposed to be a little more than just an event. I wonder how long this is supposed to last. Will Miles' book tie-in to this too?

Ultimate Member

Wasn't the movie already in development when those episodes were made, and the cartoon's faster lead time just meant their version got out first? They used those elements because the movie was going to?
    Depends on what got approved first and had final changes set in stone. Along with who was working on what.

Like Ducktakes the Movie. And at the time it took Disney (at least) 4-5 years to complete an animated movie. Which resulted in Bubba being omitted from the movie and the final 2 episodes of the series.

So if STAS was in the same boat as Ducktales The Movie at the time. When those episodes were being made the movie might not have even been greenlighted. Since we don't know how early those scripts were approved for Blade to be in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    The End of the Spider-Verse will be happening in a new 'Spider-Man' ongoing, of course Miles will be in attendence.
    https://aiptcomics.com/2022/07/01/sp...ing-dan-slott/
    Feels strange to have it be an ongoing, how long can this specific concept even maintain itself? And despite it being marketed as different spiders working together the way it's described feels more like it'll basically just be a Peter book with random spiders as supporting characters every few issues. I mean "Chosen Spider" when Peter barely associates with totem lore or even the multiverse in general is a bit much, like on paper there's importance but in practice there's no real meaning or weight to it. And did anyone at all even want Morlun to comeback? Spider-Geddon essentially removing the Inheritors completely should've been the end of him. Also Spider-Zero better be involved in all this or I'll be severely disappointed.