Page 94 of 94 FirstFirst ... 44849091929394
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 1410
  1. #1396
    Astonishing Member Dragonick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    2,063

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpiderX View Post
    That is so true. I always think of the X-Men having a friendly baseball game on the school grounds. Back then, you might have had an annual where that type of stuff would happen.

    They could have a story where Miles gets a power dampener as Peter had in that one Free Comic Book Day comic. In that issue, Shang Chi was training him how to fight when he temporarily lost his Spider-Sense.

    Miles could wear one for a "no powers" game of 21 with Ganke and Judge.

    I was also thinking I wish Miles would use his webs more creatively. I think it would be cool if he got some training from someone on how to use them as rope darts/meteor hammers.

    During a battle, he could use his webs to pick up debris, giving them weight and striking force.



    Of course, his spider-man acrobatics would be on full display for mid-air attacking.



    That's actually a really good idea, and something I could see Miles do considering he likes anime and kung fu movies.

  2. #1397
    Fantastic Member XenobladerX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    404

    Default

    I've wanted Miles to be properly trained in martial arts since he pulled off those Jackie Chan moves in Tokyo.

  3. #1398
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That is pretty cool.



    The "Venom boost," where he channels the bioelectricity he can generate into his own body to amplify his movements and strikes, enabling him to jump higher and further and hit harder while simultaneously paralyzing whoever he hits. I would also like to see the Advanced Tech Suit, basically an armored version of his classic costume in the same way Spider-Armor MK IV was an armored version of Peter Parker's classic costume, as a new costume for a while to deal with tougher and more dangerous foes.



    By Jason Reynolds?
    I like the Venom Boost idea! I would say maybe not having him paralyzing people when he hits them because it would make it too overpowered. It might also be something that he can only use in certain situations because it would take so much out of him and tire him out.

    It reminds me of Killua from Hunter x Hunter






    or the Raikage (Killer A)


  4. #1399
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    174

    Default

    Miles using an Izuna Drop against bigger, more durable villains would be fantastic.



    If he charges them with Venom Blast, he could increase the damage. Something similar to this.



    Sorry for the excessive posting, everyone. I'm only allowed three images per post, and the images illustrate what I'm talking about more effectively.
    Last edited by SpiderX; 08-08-2022 at 12:52 PM.

  5. #1400
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    15,663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpiderX View Post
    That is so true. I always think of the X-Men having a friendly baseball game on the school grounds. Back then, you might have had an annual where that type of stuff would happen.

    They could have a story where Miles gets a power dampener as Peter had in that one Free Comic Book Day comic. In that issue, Shang Chi was training him how to fight when he temporarily lost his Spider-Sense.

    Miles could wear one for a "no powers" game of 21 with Ganke and Judge.

    I was also thinking I wish Miles would use his webs more creatively. I think it would be cool if he got some training from someone on how to use them as rope darts/meteor hammers.

    During a battle, he could use his webs to pick up debris, giving them weight and striking force.



    Of course, his spider-man acrobatics would be on full display for mid-air attacking.



    Indeed. I'd even love to see those bioelectric webs he was starting to generate at the end of Brian Bendis's overall run with Marvel make a comeback at some point. Use them as tethers and lashes somewhat similarly to a technique pulled off by Killer A and Killer B in the Naruto manga/anime against Kisame, or to extend the reach of his Venom Strike if he can't directly tag an opponent. Glad you like the Venom Boost idea, though, and your idea for Miles to be more creative with his webs and make those kinds of constructs you showed for martial arts would be great as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    I've wanted Miles to be properly trained in martial arts since he pulled off those Jackie Chan moves in Tokyo.
    I'd love to see Way of the Spider come back, in that respect, though Peter would need a serious refresher course from Shang-Chi before passing it onto Miles, given his admission in the first issue of Shang-Chi's last solo that he hadn't kept up with his training since his spider-sense returned. While Way of the Spider initially stems from Shang-Chi's kung fu in the comics proper, I like how Insomniac Games have Peter's fighting style as Spider-Man resemble capoeira, which does make more sense for how fast, free-flowing, and acrobatic the Spider-Men's movements are. I'd even throw in a little Muay Thai as well, in light of how it's described as "The Art of the Eight Limbs," and how many legs does a spider have, after all?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  6. #1401
    Astonishing Member Dragonick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    2,063

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    I've wanted Miles to be properly trained in martial arts since he pulled off those Jackie Chan moves in Tokyo.
    That same fight also made me want to see Miles make use of a bo staff in fights too.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiderX View Post
    Miles using an Izuna Drop against bigger, more durable villains would be fantastic.



    If he charges them with Venom Blast, he could increase the damage. Something similar to this.



    Sorry for the excessive posting, everyone. I'm only allowed three images per post, and the images illustrate what I'm talking about more effectively.
    I was legitimately just thinking about Miles doing an Izuna Drop today after watching the trailer for the new SF6 character.

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Indeed. I'd even love to see those bioelectric webs he was starting to generate at the end of Brian Bendis's overall run with Marvel make a comeback at some point. Use them as tethers and lashes somewhat similarly to a technique pulled off by Killer A and Killer B in the Naruto manga/anime against Kisame, or to extend the reach of his Venom Strike if he can't directly tag an opponent. Glad you like the Venom Boost idea, though, and your idea for Miles to be more creative with his webs and make those kinds of constructs you showed for martial arts would be great as well.



    I'd love to see Way of the Spider come back, in that respect, though Peter would need a serious refresher course from Shang-Chi before passing it onto Miles, given his admission in the first issue of Shang-Chi's last solo that he hadn't kept up with his training since his spider-sense returned. While Way of the Spider initially stems from Shang-Chi's kung fu in the comics proper, I like how Insomniac Games have Peter's fighting style as Spider-Man resemble capoeira, which does make more sense for how fast, free-flowing, and acrobatic the Spider-Men's movements are. I'd even throw in a little Muay Thai as well, in light of how it's described as "The Art of the Eight Limbs," and how many legs does a spider have, after all?
    I can definitely see the energy webs coming back. If not in the comics first than in the game and then back in the comics, since the next game will likely be looking to add to Miles' combat style and as we've seen with this run the games can garner interest in adding to the comics.
    Last edited by Dragonick; 08-08-2022 at 03:15 PM.

  7. #1402
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    15,663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    That same fight also made me want to see Miles make use of a bo staff in fights too.


    I was legitimately just thinking about Miles doing an Izuna Drop today after watching the trailer for the new SF6 character.



    I can definitely see the energy webs coming back. If not in the comics first than in the game and then back in the comics, since the next game will likely be looking to add to Miles' combat style and as we've seen with this run the games can garner interest in adding to the comics.
    Indeed. Having seen that new Street Fighter 6 trailer myself, I thought Juri would be my favorite just based on her spider motif, but Kimberly was quite spectacular . . . and was that her version of the Maximum Spider move she pulled when she was ricocheting back and forth around that guy as she was hitting him? If Marvel execs ever get their heads out of their @$$es and work something out with Capcom for a new (and better) MvC game than Infinite, I'd love to see Miles and Kimberly meet and team up, or even fight each other.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  8. #1403
    Astonishing Member dkrook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,888

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    That same fight also made me want to see Miles make use of a bo staff in fights too.


    I was legitimately just thinking about Miles doing an Izuna Drop today after watching the trailer for the new SF6 character.



    I can definitely see the energy webs coming back. If not in the comics first than in the game and then back in the comics, since the next game will likely be looking to add to Miles' combat style and as we've seen with this run the games can garner interest in adding to the comics.
    Listening to you guys, I'm wanting Miles to team-up with the new Power Man and have them just go wall to wall fighting.

  9. #1404
    Fantastic Member XenobladerX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    404

    Default

    #41 variant by Ivan Tao


  10. #1405
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    89,106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    #41 variant by Ivan Tao

    Very ITSV, right down to the designs and Ham .

    Maybe Gwen will join Miles' supporting cast next .

  11. #1406
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    15,663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Listening to you guys, I'm wanting Miles to team-up with the new Power Man and have them just go wall to wall fighting.
    That would be a cool team-up, too, now that you bring it up.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  12. #1407
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    That same fight also made me want to see Miles make use of a bo staff in fights too.


    I was legitimately just thinking about Miles doing an Izuna Drop today after watching the trailer for the new SF6 character.



    I can definitely see the energy webs coming back. If not in the comics first than in the game and then back in the comics, since the next game will likely be looking to add to Miles' combat style and as we've seen with this run the games can garner interest in adding to the comics.

    Kimberly's SF6 reveal trailer was actually where I got the inspiration for the idea.

  13. #1408
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    15,663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpiderX View Post
    Kimberly's SF6 reveal trailer was actually where I got the inspiration for the idea.
    Oh, cool. Very cool.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  14. #1409
    Uncanny Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    30,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Listening to you guys, I'm wanting Miles to team-up with the new Power Man and have them just go wall to wall fighting.
    That's easy to set up, since they already know each other. Power Man is a member of the Champions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Very ITSV, right down to the designs and Ham .

    Maybe Gwen will join Miles' supporting cast next .
    That would make sense, if Gwen stays at ESU in 616, Miles graduates high school and ends up joining her there, and, obviously, Gwen doesn't get a new series of her own. They need to use her somewhere.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  15. #1410
    The Superior One Celgress's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    10,728

    Unhappy

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Very ITSV, right down to the designs and Ham .

    Maybe Gwen will join Miles' supporting cast next .
    They might as well make her Miles' arm candy. The character has been stripped of everything that made her interesting and original so she'll be a good sidekick now...
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •