Page 7 of 157 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    Miles showed up in the final issue of Darkhawk:

spoilers:
    He webs up Connor's villain and just acts like a bro.

Also, Miles likes anime, which I think is great
    end of spoilers
    I think that was first referenced in a Dan Slott Iron Man issue, of all things.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Interesting Miles was straight up a supporting character in the Darkhawk book. I was only expecting him to appear in 1 or 2 issues but he ended up appearing in all but the first.

And yeah, Miles is a canon weeb now. Happy to see that get officialized. lol
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Fantastic Member

I like that they are using Miles as a senior to the new generation of heroes as he's been at this for a while and kinda knows what he's doing so he networks with other new heroes to help them out if they need it(he should have been doing something like this in Champions instead of Kamala).

Quote Originally Posted by Jaychance View Post
    I like that they are using Miles as a senior to the new generation of heroes as he's been at this for a while and kinda knows what he's doing so he networks with other new heroes to help them out if they need it(he should have been doing something like this in Champions instead of Kamala).
    Maybe they should do a new Round Robin with Miles.

It's kind of odd isn't it - Kamala's actually the rookie of the Champions trinity, yet she's also the leader! Miles and Sam Alexander (Nova) have both been around longer than Ms. Marvel.

The most experienced Champion is actually Amadeus Cho. He's been around as long as the Young Avengers have and has had four codenames (Mastermind Excello, Prince of Power, Hulk, and Brawn).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It's kind of odd isn't it - Kamala's actually the rookie of the Champions trinity, yet she's also the leader! Miles and Sam Alexander (Nova) have both been around longer than Ms. Marvel.

The most experienced Champion is actually Amadeus Cho. He's been around as long as the Young Avengers have and has had four codenames (Mastermind Excello, Prince of Power, Hulk, and Brawn).
    I don't think they've really worked it out chronologically, let alone really thought about it, but if Miles had his powers by Secret Invasion it's feasible that he was active before Sam even if it seems like he was only really active around the Post-SW timeframe, for obvious reasons.

I don't know why but it feels like writers are reluctant to let spider people take on the leadership role in teams. Besides spider only groups and it's not like they have a choice under those circumstances, and it feels like a disservice to them.

Jessica and Miles seemed like they were co-leading the Young Ultimates, but I don't think there was anything official (haven't read All-New Ultimates in a while).

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Miles showed up in the final issue of Darkhawk:

spoilers:
    He webs up Connor's villain and just acts like a bro.

Also, Miles likes anime, which I think is great
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Interesting Miles was straight up a supporting character in the Darkhawk book. I was only expecting him to appear in 1 or 2 issues but he ended up appearing in all but the first.

And yeah, Miles is a canon weeb now. Happy to see that get officialized. lol
    Cosigned.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe they should do a new Round Robin with Miles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    I don't know why but it feels like writers are reluctant to let spider people take on the leadership role in teams. Besides spider only groups and it's not like they have a choice under those circumstances, and it feels like a disservice to them.
    Jessica and Miles seemed like they were co-leading the Young Ultimates, but I don't think there was anything official (haven't read All-New Ultimates in a while).
    Yeah, those are some pretty interesting observations. I'd say Kamala's the de facto leader of the Champions because she's the most passionate about their mission statement, though I'd not mind Miles stepping up as at least co-leader once in a while. That being said, Spider-Man (both Miles and Peter, at this point) is experienced, knowledgeable, and skilled enough that his peers should be more than willing to turn to him for advice or assistance. Furthermore, Miles's Spider-Man isn't as much of a loner as Peter's Spider-Man, probably because Miles is a lot less isolated growing up than Peter was, so I could see him more easily getting to a point in the future where he's a --- if not the --- leader of his generation.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Most of them aren't written all that well on teams to begin with, with some exception.

Fantastic Member

Re-read All New Ultimates and it wasn't very good, like in Ultmate fashion there was a scene were Lana got drugged and was about to be assaulted(big yikes) but one of the few take aways was the rest of the team viewed Miles as the leader or co-leader with Jessica and Kitty there. Still can't believe how spineless Kate Bishop was towards the end of the Ultimate universe, always making excuses and trying to explain her family is misunderstood. That she'd rather protect her evil father than help Miles escape but instead passivey him with sweet nothings of "I love you" you'll understand given time, man, she pissed me off.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Thanks for sharing. This ought to be a good brawl.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Posing in the previously on page like he's trying to look styling for everybody in that new suit .

Cute morphing monosyllabic sidekicks are all the rage.

Incredible Member

Good to see the Assessor keeping up the freak factor.