Page 8 of 157 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jaychance View Post
    Re-read All New Ultimates and it wasn't very good, like in Ultmate fashion there was a scene were Lana got drugged and was about to be assaulted(big yikes) but one of the few take aways was the rest of the team viewed Miles as the leader or co-leader with Jessica and Kitty there. Still can't believe how spineless Kate Bishop was towards the end of the Ultimate universe, always making excuses and trying to explain her family is misunderstood. That she'd rather protect her evil father than help Miles escape but instead passivey him with sweet nothings of "I love you" you'll understand given time, man, she pissed me off.
    Seriously, I wish they'd bring her back just so we can see 616 Kate's reaction to her villainous doppelganger.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Kinda not expecting Miles to survive Dark Ages, keeping up with that tradition of making alternate versions of him dead, or an *******. (In this case both) but he hasn't really shown up at all in the story besides a panel in issue 1. That group shot of him with the rest of the villains in issue 2 and that's it. With 2 issues left he'll probably get some play but I thought it was a bit strange considering he's one of the character designs they highlighted when DA was announced.

Quote Originally Posted by Dron View Post
    Kinda not expecting Miles to survive Dark Ages, keeping up with that tradition of making alternate versions of him dead, or an *******. (In this case both) but he hasn't really shown up at all in the story besides a panel in issue 1. That group shot of him with the rest of the villains in issue 2 and that's it. With 2 issues left he'll probably get some play but I thought it was a bit strange considering he's one of the character designs they highlighted when DA was announced.
    It is pretty strange that despite all the play the design has gotten Miles himself hasn't made much of an appearance. As far as alternate bad versions go I feel at least DA Miles gets a pass since Purple Man and two symbiotes are involved. And look at it this way in the upcoming months we'll be getting plenty of heroic alternate Miles.

Quote Originally Posted by Dron View Post
    Yeah. It's kinda disappointing considering how much promotion he got. I'd say he'll either die a villain in a battle against Peter or he'll switch sides at the last minute and make a heroic sacrifice.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    It is pretty strange that despite all the play the design has gotten Miles himself hasn't made much of an appearance. As far as alternate bad versions go I feel at least DA Miles gets a pass since Purple Man and two symbiotes are involved. And look at it this way in the upcoming months we'll be getting plenty of heroic alternate Miles.
    This is true too. I'd be more annoyed if there wasn't other great stuff to look forward to.

Fantastic Member

https://twitter.com/Collider/status/...256861192?s=20
    Seems like each universe they visit will have there own animated style which reminds me, will Miles be the only Spider that doesn't need a web portal device to stay in a universe? I watched into the Spiderverse a few times and noticed the 42 spider glitch out a couple times so if it's true Miles can stay in any universe without fear of dying.
    Last edited by Jaychance; 01-15-2022 at 07:49 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jaychance View Post
    https://twitter.com/Collider/status/...256861192?s=20
    Seems like each universe they visit will have there own animated style which reminds me, will Miles be the only Spider that doesn't need a web portal device to say in a universe? I watched into the Spiderverse a few times and noticed the 42 spider glitch out a couple times so if it's true Miles can stay in any universe without fear of dying.
    That would be an interesting twist.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

15 days into 2022 and Miles already have an 8 page thread, glad to see he is still popular.

Quote Originally Posted by PSJ View Post
    15 days into 2022 and Miles already have an 8 page thread, glad to see he is still popular.
    why would that be in doubt?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by PSJ View Post
    I mean, did we have to worry about him slowing down?

Comic still ongoing, omnibus reprints coming

Spider-Verse sequel coming this year (part 1 of 2)

Returning in Marvel's Spider-Man 2 the year after

Lowkey shoutout elsewhere that im not sure i got to be vauge about.

And we just wrapped up his anniversary last year. Miles is not going anywhere lol.

First look at Marvel Voices Legacy #1 loos like Miles' story is first by Cody Ziglar and Paris Alleyne
    https://aiptcomics.com/2022/01/14/ma...es-legacy-1-2/

Isn't that the 3rd or 4th Ziglar Miles story? Or am I thinking of someone else?

Is Starling going to be less problematic?

It'll be the third time and he'll be doing the Cap Miles What If story too.

And no telling really, it could be less problematic and still in character or less problematic by ignoring how she usually is.

He keeps doing these one offs... he's going be be Ahmed's eventual successor isn't he?
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    He keeps doing these one offs... he's going be be Ahmed's eventual successor isn't he?
    Ahmed got to do a Kamala story before he got her book.

Twice actually. Issues 31 and 38. I think issue 31 was probably a tryout for successors to G Willow Wilson, as the other two writers on that issue were Hasan Minhaj and Rainbow Rowell, Rowell being the Runaways writer. Issue 38 was co-written by Wilson, Ahmed, Jim Zub (Champions writer), Eve Ewing (Marvel Team-Up and then-future Champions writer), and Devin Grayson (Marvel Rising writer) - the only major Kamala writer not involved was Mark Waid, writer of ANAD Avengers and creator of the Champions. That issue was basically her previous writers handing over to the new guy.

They certainly did a better job of the transition than when Bendis left - unlike Kamala's, Miles's book ended up on hiatus for months! And Bendis left in such a hurry his last couple of issues used an incorrect Champions roster (Cyclops AND Ironheart, when Riri was actually one of Scott's replacements and he should've used Unstoppable Wasp instead of the X-Man).
    Last edited by Digifiend; 01-16-2022 at 11:29 AM.