Page 136 of 157 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 2354

Quote Originally Posted by Tapioca Blitzkrieg View Post
    Was thinking about something today, and i'm positive this topic has come up at some point, but maybe something might have developed: As it pertains to ARCH-ENEMIES, a nemesis, a green-goblin, a joker, a lex luthor, does Miles have something resembling that already?

Is anybody in position to potentially fill out that role? Does anybody at marvel seem to care?
    I'm thinking a bad guy like that would have to be not only iconic, but actually status-quo altering to have a shot, like when ultimate venom killed Rio, not that i thought it was earned, but i did enjoy, if anything, the fact it was a bold marquee event in Miles' life.

Anyhow, wondering if anyone else has ideas for introducing a new(or old) arch nemesis that can become synonymous with Miles, and not just more ASM deep cuts or rehashes.
    I'd say Assessor the kidnapping, experimentation, and torture was such a horrific and traumatic moment for Miles, I think that lets him fit the bill. Only problem is he didn't get much development, if another writer expanded on whoever created him I feel like they could be an amazing arch nemesis.

Niffleheim

Assessor is an evil algorithm so they can feed on and adapt to any story that would negatively affect Miles. I can't wait to see more of them.
    Last edited by Tofali; 11-28-2022 at 01:53 PM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Agreed about the Assessor and/or his creator. I also think there could be some potential with Miles and the Maker as enemies.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    I'd say Assessor the kidnapping, experimentation, and torture was such a horrific and traumatic moment for Miles, I think that lets him fit the bill. Only problem is he didn't get much development, if another writer expanded on whoever created him I feel like they could be an amazing arch nemesis.
    So, about the assessor my main gripe, besides the lack of development, is that he felt too impersonal as an entity in relation to miles himself, if that makes sense. I miss the Osbourne/Luthor quality of a nemesis that seems more like an evil supporting character that can drive the stories forward without even depending on being in direct conflict with the hero, but again, that falls on the writers to make him seem more like that, lets see if the next volume brings him back.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think any villain has quite hit that effective sweet spot like Aaron did.
    I agree, and i really enjoyed the prowler sub-mission in the playstation game, i thought they had an awesome dynamic with him trying to physically beat miles out of super-heroing, but i think its gonna be complicated turning him heel so soon after going to hell and back to rescue him from the other dimension. But yeah, Aaron, with ups and downs has been the most nemesis of all baddies till now, for my money at least.

I have a feeling this rabble character is them trying to go for a real blood-feud type villain, but im afraid of it feeling forced, i think we need a great, classic arc that just takes some villain to the next level in miles' world, we need a Kraven's Last Hunt, Fall of Murdock or, one of my favorite spidey stories of all time, The Rhino plot in ''The Gauntlet''(#617 & #625).

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    It's so funny that we're eleven years in and we still don't know what comics Jeff does for a living. At this point I'd almost just say he's retired after his SHIELD work.
    his dad is a comic strip artist/writer? when did that happen?

I thought they might have given him a job with city council or something (borough president, community outreach representative)...

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

My ideal profession for Jefferson is to take a page from the Static Shock cartoon and have him be a Community Center worker. Hell in Jeff's case, make him a counselor for vets.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Incredible Member

It’d be easier to adapt Jefferson from his Spider-verse movie counterpart at this point (only including his secret SHIELD background).

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    My ideal profession for Jefferson is to take a page from the Static Shock cartoon and have him be a Community Center worker. Hell in Jeff's case, make him a counselor for vets.
    As someone who enjoyed that animated series greatly and should be checking out the comics as well, either the original or the newer, I would cosign that. Also, I do agree with Tapioca Blitzkrieg that Miles does need an enemy that can push him or be pushed to that next level that really defines a great character, hero or villain. Hoping Cody Ziglar delivers on that front.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Let him grow a goatee, hair, and get voiced by Kevin Michael Richardson .

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Kevin Michael Richardson could be a good voice for Jefferson Morales, yeah.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Fantastic Member

I mean, before 1610 died Jeff had an awesome beard.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tapioca Blitzkrieg View Post
    Is anybody in position to potentially fill out that role? Does anybody at marvel seem to care?
    You see what they are doing to Black Panther-that should tell right there they don't care.

The issue is where are you going to get one that is not a grown adult? Unless one happens to be the father of say Judge-I mean I can think of a villain or two. Bloodshed or Cardiac. Seeing Judge has Caribbean or Cuba ties-Bloodshed did go to one of those countries-whose to say he didn't have a kid.

It should be someone who has the same restrictions as Miles being a teen.

Nothing is wrong if he got some foes his own age.

There are enough villains in limbo to have kids at Miles's school.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    The issue is where are you going to get one that is not a grown adult? Unless one happens to be the father of say Judge-I mean I can think of a villain or two. Bloodshed or Cardiac. Seeing Judge has Caribbean or Cuba ties-Bloodshed did go to one of those countries-whose to say he didn't have a kid.

It should be someone who has the same restrictions as Miles being a teen.
    I'm okay with him being an adult as long as there is a genuine personal connection to Miles, like an old foe of jeff from his SHIELD days or something, or another Ultimate universe straggler like ultimate reed.

But besides that it's interesting you bring up a possibility of a Teen/similar age nemesis because i've been doing some fan-fic in my head imagining possible backgrounds for such characters.
    For example, i rewatched spiderverse recently and noticed Miles, although being working class, as any spiderman should, has a pretty solid support system in his family. He is very loved, cared for and has had many opportunities at leisure and education that many kids from similar backgrounds may not have had. So what if he runs afowl of a young man/woman who is what miles could have been had he not had his family and all their support? Kinda like many of the Static villains, just kids with similar upbringings, but who made the wrong choices or did not have somebody to be their moral compass. Jelousy and blame projecting could fuel this villain to try and cut Miles down to size and then escalate from there.

Another cool foil could be a stuck up little preppy wunderkind, like an evil Harry Osbourne or a young Otto/Smythe, who envies miles' academic talents and his social skills and charisma. I like this one a little less because its easier to sell adults or at least str8 up criminals going to the lenghts of derangement that make the best stories, i think. BUT, it could be this slow burn, starting off as more of a rival figure and slowly morphing into the equivalent of goblin harry.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I've said before my wishlist for villains is a mixture of newly created ones and some of the C-List rogues from Amazing that decided to relocate to Brooklyn. I'm talking characters like Hydro Man, Paperdoll, Ringer, Looter, Screwball. Characters that could actually use a real refurbishing rather than cycling through the already tried and tested.

I'd also have Lana's mom join Beetle's Sinister Syndicate.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaychance View Post
    I mean, before 1610 died Jeff had an awesome beard.
    Oh yeah, his grief beard? Because Rio died.

Sometimes I forget that happened.