Page 116 of 157 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 2354

Also explains why a couple of Kamala's friends vanished.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Also explains why a couple of Kamala's friends vanished.
    Or his handling of them during Outlawed.

The art in #42 looked rough in some places, especially the portion of the story with the Snatcher. I think Christopher Allen drew that part. He drew quite a few of the post-Clone Saga issues and his artwork didn't look this messy. I don't know if he's intentionally trying something out with his art style, but it looked rushed or unfinished to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wasn't that the story where Duggan hunts Morales across some rooftops while I think Barbara and Ganke Protest at a Gym?

Quote Originally Posted by Dron View Post
    Wasn't that the story where Duggan hunts Morales across some rooftops while I think Barbara and Ganke Protest at a Gym?
    Yeah. In Kamala's case one of her best friends, who knows her secret identity, ratted her out to CRADLE. That's probably what Frontier's referring to.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Yeah, I did like the overall concept, but that was one of the things that could have been handled better.

Quote Originally Posted by Dron View Post
    Dum Dum Dugan, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    Yeah. In Kamala's case one of her best friends, who knows her secret identity, ratted her out to CRADLE. That's probably what Frontier's referring to.
    Uh-huh. That sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    Very cool. Thanks for sharing.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaychance View Post
    He likes writing teen protags with family dynamics more than writing teens with social circles, that's why Miles was rarely in class/school if it wasn't writing or chem lab.
    Really kinda defeats the purpose of having a high school Spider-Man when you’re just ignoring an entire aspect of his life.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Really kinda defeats the purpose of having a high school Spider-Man when you’re just ignoring an entire aspect of his life.
    To be somewhat fair, Peter Parker's original 616 run didn't focus all that much on his high school surroundings, at least not compared to the later Ultimate comics.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

So since it's getting discussed in the Spider-Verse thread, for my Miles-related thoughts, I'm not expecting him to have a significant role in Slott's big storyline. Slott's track record with using Miles in his stories have been really really poor (got shipped off to a one-shot tie-in in the OG Spider-verse, got kidnapped by Assessor in what was supposed to be his guest arc in Amazing, and him Silk and Johnny all got taken out off-panel by Norman in Going Down Swinging.) Between Gwen and others getting turned into Monster Wasps, and the way all the solicits have been, Slott seems like he's going to prioritize all his new OCs.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    To be somewhat fair, Peter Parker's original 616 run didn't focus all that much on his high school surroundings, at least not compared to the later Ultimate comics.
    Though at the same time, comparatively, Peter wasn’t in that stage of his life for anywhere near as long and comics were much less decompressed.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    So since it's getting discussed in the Spider-Verse thread, for my Miles-related thoughts, I'm not expecting him to have a significant role in Slott's big storyline. Slott's track record with using Miles in his stories have been really really poor (got shipped off to a one-shot tie-in in the OG Spider-verse, got kidnapped by Assessor in what was supposed to be his guest arc in Amazing, and him Silk and Johnny all got taken out off-panel by Norman in Going Down Swinging.) Between Gwen and others getting turned into Monster Wasps, and the way all the solicits have been, Slott seems like he's going to prioritize all his new OCs.
    It was Regent, but nobody cares about him so I don't blame you .

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

It was Regent, but nobody cares about him so I don't blame you .
    Oh right, Regent. lol
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    With the way things are being described so far that seems to be a positive a positive at least. Then again that could just mean he gets turned into a wasp too.

It also reminded me that Miles is still in the new suit in that book and at the end of Ahmed's run. And I can't help but wonder how the transition into his old costume is going to happen. Everything we've seen so far has him in his old suit, so unless it's all been a flashback I don't really know what's going to happen. He could just go back with no explanation since it's not like the reason for the new suit was particularly string anyway.

Fantastic Member

As for a reason why Miles goes back to the old costume, if advanced page that was anything to go by Cody might just ignore what happened last volume with the costume change. I don't what Miles could say to the kid,"Sorry your design had too much going on to look different so I'll be going back to the classic."