Page 9 of 157 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Twice actually. Issues 31 and 38. I think issue 31 was probably a tryout for successors to G Willow Wilson, as the other two writers on that issue were Hasan Minhaj and Rainbow Rowell, Rowell being the Runaways writer. Issue 38 was co-written by Wilson, Ahmed, Jim Zub (Champions writer), Eve Ewing (Marvel Team-Up and then-future Champions writer), and Devin Grayson (Marvel Rising writer) - the only major Kamala writer not involved was Mark Waid, writer of ANAD Avengers and creator of the Champions. That issue was basically her previous writers handing over to the new guy.

They certainly did a better job of the transition than when Bendis left - unlike Kamala's, Miles's book ended up on hiatus for months! And Bendis left in such a hurry his last couple of issues used an incorrect Champions roster (Cyclops AND Ironheart, when Riri was actually one of Scott's replacements and he should've used Unstoppable Wasp instead of the X-Man).
    That was such a weird thing, I still think something happened because I remember hearing Bendis say he spoke to his replacement and Ahmed later saying they hadn't spoken. And I can't think of a reason for either to lie about it.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    First look at Marvel Voices Legacy #1 loos like Miles' story is first by Cody Ziglar and Paris Alleyne
    https://aiptcomics.com/2022/01/14/ma...es-legacy-1-2/
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Isn't that the 3rd or 4th Ziglar Miles story? Or am I thinking of someone else?

Is Starling going to be less problematic?
    Zeb Wells writing Peter Parker and Cody Ziglar writing Miles Morales would make for some interesting collaborations, come to think of it.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

That was such a weird thing, I still think something happened because I remember hearing Bendis say he spoke to his replacement and Ahmed later saying they hadn't spoken. And I can't think of a reason for either to lie about it.
    You're thinking of Jessica Jones I think. He personally approved of Kelly Thompson taking over that book after reading a Jessica Jones guest spot in her Hawkeye Kate Bishop run.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I've said it before but at this point, I'm convinced that Cody Ziglar is going to be the next writer whenever Saladin is done. And I get the feeling that Saladin Ahmed's run may be rapping up since this Assessor stuff kind of feels like the last major dangling thread.

And yeah, I kind of fell off Dark Ages, since I kind of found the central story kind of lackluster. It kind of felt like the central premise just felt like an excuse to tell a story about Apocalpyse controlling other heroes.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I've said it before but at this point, I'm convinced that Cody Ziglar is going to be the next writer whenever Saladin is done. And I get the feeling that Saladin Ahmed's run may be rapping up since this Assessor stuff kind of feels like the last major dangling thread.

And yeah, I kind of fell off Dark Ages, since I kind of found the central story kind of lackluster. It kind of felt like the central premise just felt like an excuse to tell a story about Apocalpyse controlling other heroes.
    I can definitely see this arc as the last, besides "the last major dangling thread" feel that I also got it also easily sets things up for a putting all the toys back in the box situation. Assessor gets defeated; Aaron comes back; Shift stays behind so 1610 has a Miles again; and Miles can go back to his OG costume. A return to status quo for the next writer to easily take over.

Classic costume, but not OG. His OG one is just a copy of Peter's suit, which Ultimate Jessica Drew quickly had replaced.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I would love it if Miles could design his own costume. Miles isn't an inexperienced 13 year old anymore, he should be able to do at least this much on his own. Take some cues from his movie and game counterparts.

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    I would love it if Miles could design his own costume. Miles isn't an inexperienced 13 year old anymore, he should be able to do at least this much on his own. Take some cues from his movie and game counterparts.
    That would be cool, yeah. I could see him adopting elements of his costume from all three of his major media incarnations and incorporating them all into something pretty good. Come to think of it, his suit in Insomniac Games' upcoming Spider-Man 2 has long stripes on his arms somewhat similar to his Across the Spider-Verse (Part One) suit and even his current suit. I'd see that element retained just as well in a hypothetical merger of his comic, videogame, and film costumes.

Speaking of costumes, when Aaron comes back, I hope he gets a new suit or at least some boots. Not feeling the toe shoe look.

I'd forgotten about the toe shoes, hopefully Aaron forgets about them too. Also hoping he goes back to darker colors or at least a darker green.

At this point he'd just basically be modifying his main suit so it would probably be simple enough.

Speaking of costumes, when Aaron comes back, I hope he gets a new suit or at least some boots. Not feeling the toe shoe look.
    I'd forgotten about the toe shoes, hopefully Aaron forgets about them too. Also hoping he goes back to darker colors or at least a darker green.
    Yeah, I'd like to see that, too. He could just borrow or adapt his Insomniac Spider-Verse look, if it comes down to that.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

So issue today was another straightforward one. Most noteworthy thing is Miles and Shift both suffered panic attacks when forced to relive the torture they got subjected to. The way Ahmed has been tweeting about this arc still gives me vibes that he's wrapping things up.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

So issue today was another straightforward one. Most noteworthy thing is Miles and Shift both suffered panic attacks when forced to relive the torture they got subjected to. The way Ahmed has been tweeting about this arc still gives me vibes that he's wrapping things up.
    That pretty much sums up the issue, spoilers:
    surprised to see Miles flat out say he was gonna kill Quantum though.
    end of spoilers Also Miles' lenses were the wrong color the entire issue.

That pretty much sums up the issue, spoilers:
    surprised to see Miles flat out say he was gonna kill Quantum though.
    end of spoilers Also Miles' lenses were the wrong color the entire issue.
    Yeah, I noticed. They're supposed to be red. That said, yeah, PTSD from the tortures they went through makes plenty of sense.